SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 09-05-2016, 06:54 AM
Sage Icon

Friends fresh install of V7 onto WHS 2011 and plugins problem

A friend of mine just did an upgrade from WHS V1 to WHS 2011 and did a fresh install of V7.

He is trying to reinstall the plugins he had in his old install and there are several he uses that are EOL'ed in V7 (Groovy Tools, other Slugger utils, and a couple others I think) so they won't download/install.
Many of them because they are pointing to googlecode.com.

He has a full backup of his old WHS V1 install of SageTV. Is there any way to pull them in from that old install into the new install?

This will also be important to me in the very near future since I plan on the exact sam plan. We both built our WHS V1 systems using the same mobo at the same time. I've had the WHS 2011 disk and have been putting off the install for quite a while, so he was the guinea pig.
My other reason for not pulling the trigger sooner is that it is a 64 bit OS and I have two HD-PVRs using FireWire for channel tuning my STBs. Everything I read says that it won't work on 64 bit. Not sure I understand why since there are so many 32 bit programs/dlls work just fine on 64 bit OS.
Old 09-05-2016, 08:00 AM
SageTVaholic

We're hoping to have a solution to the google code change soon. It is fixable - just has to get done, and there are a few different ways it can be handled - just have to figure out the best way.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 09-05-2016, 10:30 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
We're hoping to have a solution to the google code change soon. It is fixable - just has to get done, and there are a few different ways it can be handled - just have to figure out the best way.
This is a very temporary hack... but you can copy the SageTVPluginsDev.xml to the root of your sagetv installation directory and then install the plugins.

https://github.com/OpenSageTV/sagetv...master/SageTV7

This plugin file basically is a copy of the current SageTVPlugins.xml file but with the google code links fixed and the version updated so that sagetv will treat this file as being newer for all plugins.

This is hack for the very desperate.
Old 09-05-2016, 11:16 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
This is a very temporary hack... but you can copy the SageTVPluginsDev.xml to the root of your sagetv installation directory and then install the plugins.

https://github.com/OpenSageTV/sagetv...master/SageTV7

This plugin file basically is a copy of the current SageTVPlugins.xml file but with the google code links fixed and the version updated so that sagetv will treat this file as being newer for all plugins.

This is hack for the very desperate.
Yeah, I was trying to avoid putting something like this out because it could screw things up later for version upgrades.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Old 09-05-2016, 11:24 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Yeah, I was trying to avoid putting something like this out because it could screw things up later for version upgrades.

oh okay ... I'll behave myself and not act all desperate and the like.

I've got ComSkip working, so I can wait for the rest.

Thank you for all you do guys!
p
Server -- Sage 7.1.9.256 in Service Mode w/Default UI - OS: Microsoft Windows Home Server (2003 SP2) - CPU: Intel C2Q Q6600 2.4GHz, MoBo: Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P, RAM: 4GB OCZ, HD: SYS 1x500GB (SATA, 100GB C: ), DATA 3x1TB (SATA, in Pool, 64K cluster size)
Tuners -- 1xHDHomeRun Prime w/CC
Clients -- 2 HD200 Extenders and 2 HD300 Extenders
Old 09-05-2016, 11:33 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
This is fairly safe for version upgrades, though... ie, if th original version 1.5.4.1000 then this new version is 1.5.4.1000.7 ie, unless someone decides to add a new dot release subsection to thier url, then it should be safe.
Old 09-05-2016, 11:52 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
This is fairly safe for version upgrades, though... ie, if th original version 1.5.4.1000 then this new version is 1.5.4.1000.7 ie, unless someone decides to add a new dot release subsection to thier url, then it should be safe.
Yeah, that'd probably work okay.

Old 09-07-2016, 03:28 PM
SageTVaholic

FYI, as of a few hours ago, the SageTVPlugins.xml file has been updated with the new google code file locations, so plugin installs should work fine without any specific Dev file hacks.

Old 09-07-2016, 06:57 PM
Sage Advanced User

Do I DL an updated one from someplace to update my installation, or ... ?

Thank you very much!!
pat----
Server -- Sage 7.1.9.256 in Service Mode w/Default UI - OS: Microsoft Windows Home Server (2003 SP2) - CPU: Intel C2Q Q6600 2.4GHz, MoBo: Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P, RAM: 4GB OCZ, HD: SYS 1x500GB (SATA, 100GB C: ), DATA 3x1TB (SATA, in Pool, 64K cluster size)
Tuners -- 1xHDHomeRun Prime w/CC
Clients -- 2 HD200 Extenders and 2 HD300 Extenders
Old 09-07-2016, 09:59 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by psklenar View Post
Do I DL an updated one from someplace to update my installation, or ... ?

Thank you very much!!
pat----
No, sage will automatically download the most recent one whenever you start it up, or enter the plugin menu.