SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v9 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v9 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 9 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 9 and newer.

Old 09-01-2016, 06:08 PM
Sage User

Groovy missing?

I'm not certain this is the right place for this - I'm very new to SageTV with a fresh V9 installation on Windows 7. Trying to install the SageTV Web Interface 3.1.1, I'm getting:

Plugin Install Progress: Done - FAILED - Dependency Install groovy-FAILED - Resource Download http://sagetv-addons.googlecode.com/...oovy-2.0.5.zip

I tried looking at http://sagetv-addons.googlecode.com but there's a 404, so it looks like one of the dependencies here has moved or been taken down? When I try to install groovy directly from the plugin manager it fails with the same message. Searching on the web revealed something on SourceForge but I'm not sure if that's the right thing (and if so how to install it).

I was able to get Jetty and the mobile web interface running, though the mobile web interface has errors on most of the pages because (according to a search here) I mistakenly let Java upgrade itself and the mobile UI doesn't support Java >1.7, so I'll try to downgrade that, but a desktop version would be great to have too. I searched this forum for "groovy-FAILED" and nothing came up.
Old 09-02-2016, 03:13 PM

Schedules direct plugin fails to install

I'm trying to install the Schedules Direct EPG Plugin with a new install of SageTV and it's failing to install a dependency called "groovy"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sagetv.jpg (29.2 KB, 205 views)
Old 09-02-2016, 06:11 PM
Sage Fanatic

This post MAY have the fix both of you need:

https://forums.sagetv.com/forums/sho...45&postcount=8

Edit: I don't know if the Groovy stuff is available, but worth a shot...

Last edited by KarylFStein; 09-02-2016 at 06:13 PM.
Old 09-02-2016, 07:51 PM
SageTVaholic

googlecode changed the paths to their files sometime in the last week (and didn't setup redirects) - this broke a LOT of plugins. It will take some work to get them all in a new home and working again. I'm trying to determine the best way. the plugins aren't gone, but the manifest that sage uses to find the files will need to be fixed. By my count, there are 133 files in the SageTVPlugins repository that currently won't download until this gets resolved.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 09-03-2016, 03:55 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
googlecode changed the paths to their files sometime in the last week (and didn't setup redirects) - this broke a LOT of plugins. It will take some work to get them all in a new home and working again. I'm trying to determine the best way. the plugins aren't gone, but the manifest that sage uses to find the files will need to be fixed. By my count, there are 133 files in the SageTVPlugins repository that currently won't download until this gets resolved.
So are the plugins still accessible on the google code, somewhere? ie, do they need to re-hosted or just the paths fixed in the xml? If it's just a path changed from A to B, could we get Jeff to do a manual search/replace in the "main" xml, for now, until we get all this resolved.
Old 09-03-2016, 09:32 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Thanks all for responding. I didn't see this until today. 133 files! Yay Google. I wonder if the best way to handle something like this would be to create a central Sage repository of URLs that the plugins would reference, so that if plugin URLs get changed, someone can go in and make the change (or all 133 of them) in a central location and all the plugin manifests will continue to work.

I'm blown away by all the hard work going into this.
Old 09-03-2016, 01:20 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
So are the plugins still accessible on the google code, somewhere? ie, do they need to re-hosted or just the paths fixed in the xml? If it's just a path changed from A to B, could we get Jeff to do a manual search/replace in the "main" xml, for now, until we get all this resolved.
Yeah, it's just a path change - I had PM'd jeff about a possible mass change. Of course the order of things in the path is different, so it's not a simple swap and replace, and would take some smarter multi-step replacing.

As an example:
Code:
http://sagetv-addons.googlecode.com/files/groovy-2.0.5.zip
is now at:
Code:
http://storage.googleapis.com/google-code-archive-downloads/v2/code.google.com/sagetv-addons/groovy-2.0.5.zip
It's just pretty messed up that google just 404'd it, and didn't do redirects.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Old 09-03-2016, 05:39 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
It's just pretty messed up that google just 404'd it, and didn't do redirects.
To be fair, Google has been telling us developers that Google code is going away for over a year. They actually kept it around longer than then said they would.

Let me know if any of my plugins are on the list. (I think I have one that I didn't migrate because it's not heavily used.) I'm also willing to adopt some plugins if they need a home.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 09-03-2016, 10:00 PM
SageTVaholic

I could whip up a script that would make a v9 repo manifest for each of the affected packages, but that would only help v9 users, and would mess with existing versioning. The v7 repo really needs to be fixed for things to be right for all.

Old 09-03-2016, 10:02 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
To be fair, Google has been telling us developers that Google code is going away for over a year. They actually kept it around longer than then said they would.

Let me know if any of my plugins are on the list. (I think I have one that I didn't migrate because it's not heavily used.) I'm also willing to adopt some plugins if they need a home.
Oh, I know they said it's going away. And I'd be fine if it did just vanish.. But they actually did keep the files up, in a new location, but don't redirect to it.. That is what is odd.

Old 09-04-2016, 05:21 AM
SageTVaholic

This bash script will update the xml with the new locations...

Code:
cat SageTVPlugins.xml | sed -e "s|http://\(.*\).googlecode.com/files/\(.*\).zip|http://storage.googleapis.com/google-code-archive-downloads/v2/code.google.com/\1/\2.zip|g" > NEWSageTVPlugins.xml
I wonder if Jeff could manually run this on the Sage7 xml, and that would buy more time while you/we are getting things sorted out.

I am working on some plugin changes that will make it easier to create/use library plugins, like gson, without having to repackage them.
Old 09-07-2016, 03:26 PM
SageTVaholic

FYI, as of a few hours ago, the SageTVPlugins.xml file has been updated with the new google code file locations, so plugin installs should work fine without any specific Dev file hacks.

Old 09-09-2016, 11:33 AM
Sage User

Where to get this file ?
Old 09-09-2016, 01:05 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigl View Post
Where to get this file ?
You don't have to.. Sage automatically gets it on its own.

Old 09-14-2016, 01:21 PM
Sage User

Quote:
FYI, as of a few hours ago, the SageTVPlugins.xml file has been updated with the new google code file locations, so plugin installs should work fine without any specific Dev file hacks.
Thank you so much (edit: to all the SageTV dev wizards) for this! I got the web server installed and running, and now I have links to both the mobile and desktop versions, which work perfectly.

Last edited by anotherhaus; 09-14-2016 at 01:41 PM.
Old 09-14-2016, 01:23 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherhaus View Post
Thank you so much for this! I got the web server installed and running, and now I have links to both the mobile and desktop versions, which work perfectly.
I just found the problem, and poked Narflex into fixing it...