SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 09-30-2019, 05:41 PM
Sage Advanced User

Hey, what version of windows are you running and what version of the app?

Do care to share the command you use to input the channel number?
Old 09-30-2019, 10:31 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by boukmandutty View Post
Hey, what version of windows are you running and what version of the app?

Do care to share the command you use to input the channel number?
I'm running Windows 10 latest build and fully up to date. Not sure what version of the app as in Winders it's hard to tell, but on my test laptop it's a fresh install so must be the latest.

I moved the channel checking into the AutoIt script and I have attached a zip file with everything. The path in the script is "C:\scripts\" so if these are put anywhere else just edit the script, change the path, and recompile with AutoIt. Then just call it with "hdhrview <channel>". The batch file startHDHRview.bat will execute the actual app, and it's called from the AutoIt script and then the script sets the channel.

On my laptop I have EventGhost installed and I have OpenDCT sending simple web commands to EG to run the command "hdhrview <channel>" to start it, and "hdhrview 0" to end it.

I put a lot of notes in the script so it should be fairly easy to figure out how it works, but let me know if you have any question.
Attached Files
File Type: zip HDHR app control files.zip (452.5 KB, 199 views)
Old 10-11-2019, 04:27 PM
Sage Advanced User

Finally had time to play with it. It works well it seems, but since I don't use a spare pc to record off my testing of it only went so far. Have you had any problems with it?

Also, Is there are reason why evoking the script directly from opendct should not work?

I got my hands on two BMI3000 type tuners, messed around with them and fell in love (goodbye hdvpr2 with sweet 5.1 audio). I found that I could use the opendct pretuning_executable line to power on my android box for live tv. I could then use the tuning_executable line to evoke the required channel. In both cases my adb command is long.

Quote:
sagetv.device.-508499920.pretuning_executable=C\:/Users/dessaliness-pc/AppData/Local/Android/sdk/platform-tools/adb.exe -s 192.168.1.215 shell input keyevent KEYCODE_WAKEUP
And...
Quote:
sagetv.device.-508499920.tuning_executable=C\:/Users/dessaliness-pc/AppData/Local/Android/sdk/platform-tools/adb.exe -s 192.168.1.215 shell am force-stop com.silicondust.view; monkey -p com.silicondust.view -c android.intent.category.LAUNCHER 1; sleep 5; input keyboard text %c%; input keyboard text 0; input keyevent KEYCODE_DEL; sleep 2; input keyevent 66;
Couldn't your tuning_executable line in opendct config look something like:

Quote:
C:\Scripts\hdhrview.exe %c%
Mine is far more complicated for those android boxes as you can see and they work without a flaw. I only use eventghost to power on the android boxes now. I could actually use opendct to do it if I wanted to I think.

Last edited by boukmandutty; 10-11-2019 at 04:30 PM.
Old 10-12-2019, 08:24 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Finally had time to play with it. It works well it seems, but since I don't use a spare pc to record off my testing of it only went so far. Have you had any problems with it?

Also, Is there are reason why evoking the script directly from opendct should not work?

I got my hands on two BMI3000 type tuners, messed around with them and fell in love (goodbye hdvpr2 with sweet 5.1 audio). I found that I could use the opendct pretuning_executable line to power on my android box for live tv. I could then use the tuning_executable line to evoke the required channel. In both cases my adb command is long.

And...

Couldn't your tuning_executable line in opendct config look something like:

Mine is far more complicated for those android boxes as you can see and they work without a flaw. I only use eventghost to power on the android boxes now. I could actually use opendct to do it if I wanted to I think.
OpenDCT should be able to run the command just fine if you're on the same PC. In my case I needed to send the command to a laptop, and since I know EventGhost it was really easy to just use it. I could post some instructions on a barebones EG setup, it's really pretty easy to set up.

My system hasn't been flawless, though. I had one recording the other night that didn't work at all. I haven't had time to look at it though.

I think it's close to usable though.
Old 10-14-2019, 05:58 PM
Sage Advanced User

I think you should be able to install sagetv on the laptop and then configure and share the tuner there as a network tuner. If you configure the sharing properly your server will be able to see and use the tuner and the channel changing will be done locally on the laptop when a request is made from the server. I suspect that might be more reliable than eventghost.

I used to play around with sharing tuners that was a while back but it has been some time.
Old 10-15-2019, 10:05 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
I think you should be able to install sagetv on the laptop and then configure and share the tuner there as a network tuner. If you configure the sharing properly your server will be able to see and use the tuner and the channel changing will be done locally on the laptop when a request is made from the server. I suspect that might be more reliable than eventghost.

I used to play around with sharing tuners that was a while back but it has been some time.
I have a shared Sage tuner on my HTPC, but honestly I think it's more involved to install Sage and set up the tuner and the service than it is to install EventGhost and add the webserver plugin.

There's only one little trick in the EG action to run the command program where you enter a python string to strip off the channel number to send as an argument, but it's not difficult. I will try to do a set of instructions soon in case anyone wants to try it.

The only problem I'm having is that my program keeps getting deleted for some reason. I have no idea why but it's happened at least twice now. Everything else is still in the folder, but that one executable just goes away. It might be an AutoIt problem.

Edit: I just added a command to recopy the program into the scripts folder every time before trying to run it, so it will always be there. Simple fix although it shouldn't be needed.

Last edited by Zogg; 10-15-2019 at 10:15 AM.
Old 10-18-2019, 12:43 PM
Sage Advanced User

I had the same thing happen to a Sagetv launcher I made to jump into Sagetv from windows media center on my old windows 7 client box. This was before I started exploring ways around the drm problem I faced. The script was made with AutoIt.

After some recent updates of Microsoft Security Essentials the exe generated by AutoIt is read as containing a trojan virus. Specifically:

Quote:
Detected item: Trojan:Win32/Azden.A!cl
This is either some kind of error or the program AutoIt has indeed been infected with something that deploys a trojan with each exe it generates.
Old 10-18-2019, 01:04 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
I had the same thing happen to a Sagetv launcher I made to jump into Sagetv from windows media center on my old windows 7 client box. This was before I started exploring ways around the drm problem I faced. The script was made with AutoIt.

After some recent updates of Microsoft Security Essentials the exe generated by AutoIt is read as containing a trojan virus. Specifically:

This is either some kind of error or the program AutoIt has indeed been infected with something that deploys a trojan with each exe it generates.
I also had this issue and did some googlefu. Take a look at https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/t...omment=1437693 . There's just a similarity between your app and a virus, probably because someone took a similar script/program and modified it.

The linked post has suggestions for compiling to hopefully not get the error. I also read in that thread that you can add comments and/or unused variables just to change the code enough that it won't flag as a virus. I just tried this on mine and it worked.
Old 11-23-2019, 10:57 AM
SageTVaholic

I am looking at making the upgrade to SageTV 64 bit. I just looked through the instructions for this once again and it appears that everything here should still work in the 64 bit version. Anything that I'm missing or tips?
Old 11-23-2019, 03:29 PM
SageTVaholic

The upgrade to 64 bit was fairly painless. EXEMultiTunerPlugin is included with the 64 bit installer. I did [almost] nothing from the instructions in the first post to this thread. I use OpenDCT for my Ceton Tuners otherwise - I did nothing with OpenDCT, it just kept working with whatever SageTV version was running.

I did have to do a couple things with EXEmultituner:

1) Copy my *.ir files from
C:\Program Files (x86)\SageTV\Common\RemoteCodes\EXEMultiTunerPlugin
to
C:\Program Files\SageTV\Common\RemoteCodes\EXEMultiTunerPlugin

2) Because SageTV 64 bit created new registry entries in a different place, I had to find that location and manually add the command line as a STRING value. See attached image.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg regedit.jpg (85.0 KB, 197 views)
Old 11-23-2019, 05:04 PM
SageTVaholic

I'm definitely going to need to figure out a way to automate the stop command so that these Xbox360's don't keep running continuously. They just smoked a hard drive. The bigger problem is that the 360's go black after a time, and a channel change doesn't get them back, so it requires a reboot of the 360.

Did someone say that they had a batch routine that would run as a Windows Scheduled event that would check the recording folder to see if the size has changed, and if no change it would issue a command (in my case to reboot the 360's)?
Old 11-25-2019, 01:13 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by KryptoNyte View Post
I'm definitely going to need to figure out a way to automate the stop command so that these Xbox360's don't keep running continuously. They just smoked a hard drive. The bigger problem is that the 360's go black after a time, and a channel change doesn't get them back, so it requires a reboot of the 360.
Just curious - You are using the Xbox360s as tuning devices?

--John
Old 11-25-2019, 06:41 PM
SageTVaholic

The 360's are media display devices, acting as a Windows Media Center extender. SageTV tunes the channel on the 360's (which are using WMC), then a capture device (like an HDPVR or HDPVR2, or some network capture device as talked about in this thread) grabs the audio and video as a file that SageTV recognizes as the show recording.

In most cases, a user would have a couple HDHomerun Prime or Ceton tuners dedicated to just WMC for this task. You can run WMC on the same machine that operates your SageTV server, or any other PC on the network.
Old 11-25-2019, 10:54 PM
SageTVaholic

I'm not surprised everything went well. I'm sorry we still don't have any easy way to turn the 360's off.
SageTV v9 Server: ASRock Z97 Extreme4, Intel i7-4790K @ 4.4Ghz, 32GB RAM, 6x 3TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 5TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 6TB 7200rpm HD, 4x 256GB SSD, 4x 500GB SSD, unRAID Pro 6.7.2 (Dual Parity + SSD Cache).
Capture: 1x Ceton InfiniTV 4 (ClearQAM), 2x Ceton InfiniTV 6, 1x BM1000-HDMI, 1x BM3500-HDMI.

Clients: 1x HD300 (Living Room), 1x HD200 (Master Bedroom).
Software: OpenDCT :: WMC Live TV Tuner :: Schedules Direct EPG
Old 11-26-2019, 01:03 AM
Sage Advanced User

If one is using opendct couldnt it be set to send an ir shut off command to the xbox when the tuner is not being used? And then one to turn it back on minutes before it needs to record?
Old 11-26-2019, 04:51 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
The 360's are media display devices, acting as a Windows Media Center extender. SageTV tunes the channel on the 360's (which are using WMC), then a capture device (like an HDPVR or HDPVR2, or some network capture device as talked about in this thread) grabs the audio and video as a file that SageTV recognizes as the show recording.

In most cases, a user would have a couple HDHomerun Prime or Ceton tuners dedicated to just WMC for this task. You can run WMC on the same machine that operates your SageTV server, or any other PC on the network.
Nice! I have not yet had to go this route. I am getting all my channels via HDHR Prime, HDHR Quatro, or HDPVR2s hooked to other sources. Do you have a pointer to how you are tuning the Xboxes? (I feel like I may have asked this before, but I can't find my notes.)

--John
Old 11-26-2019, 05:42 PM
SageTVaholic

Actually EnterNoEscape does a pretty great job explaining things in the first post of this thread (page 1). He does link to a later post that further explains some additional detail on how to use EXEMultiTuner to help SageTV tune the 360's. You'd have to thank EnterNoEscape for getting this all together for Sage users.
Old 11-26-2019, 05:45 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
If one is using opendct couldnt it be set to send an ir shut off command to the xbox when the tuner is not being used? And then one to turn it back on minutes before it needs to record?
Maybe. Actually, it probably just needs to issue the stop command when a specific tuner is released. The more I think about it, maybe a shutdown would be good, and then a restart as you suggest - those things take quite a bit of power. Interesting idea.
Old 11-26-2019, 06:13 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnterNoEscape View Post
I'm not surprised everything went well.
Yeah ... it's almost like someone already thought this through before I got anywhere near it.

Old 11-26-2019, 07:36 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Actually EnterNoEscape does a pretty great job explaining things in the first post of this thread (page 1). He does link to a later post that further explains some additional detail on how to use EXEMultiTuner to help SageTV tune the 360's. You'd have to thank EnterNoEscape for getting this all together for Sage users.
Doh! I had completely blanked on the earlier part of this thread, . Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

--John

Tags
tuner setup, tuning, windows media center, wmc