SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 03-07-2009, 10:57 AM
Sage User

Live TV with 2 extenders, 1 tuner

This might be a pretty noobulicious question, but I just added a second extender in the bedroom. I just wanted to be able to watch my sage tv server in another room because I only have 1 tuner.

I thought it would work where whatever extender you were changing the channel from would just change it for all extenders, but if I have another extender connected, even if it is "off", I still get the "all encoders are watching live tv" and I can't change the channel.

I'm sure there is way to fix this. Can anybody give me some guidance?
Old 03-07-2009, 11:48 AM
Sage User

Sorry for the double post, but it appears this problem has taken it up a notch. I just hit stop on both the extenders, made sure the video menu options were set to Active, and I powered off both my extenders, and my HD-PVR is still recording. It's always something. A little help?
Old 03-07-2009, 12:00 PM
SageTVaholic

Have you looked to see what it's recording? Is it a favorite or manual recording? Intelligent Recording? Do you have a UI running on the server with video playing in a preview window?

By default Sage does not allow one client to hijack a tuner being used by another client. So your idea of changing the channel in one room and having it change for everybody won't work. There are plugins that let you control individual clients from a central location; you could use one of those to stop Live TV playback remotely and free up a tuner that way.
Old 03-07-2009, 02:37 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dibs View Post
This might be a pretty noobulicious question, but I just added a second extender in the bedroom. I just wanted to be able to watch my sage tv server in another room because I only have 1 tuner.

I thought it would work where whatever extender you were changing the channel from would just change it for all extenders, but if I have another extender connected, even if it is "off", I still get the "all encoders are watching live tv" and I can't change the channel.

I'm sure there is way to fix this. Can anybody give me some guidance?
I would buy a second tuner. Maybe a dual tuner. It'll make you happier.
Server: SageTV 9, Win10/32, Intel DP55KG Mb, Intel QC i5 2.66GHz , 4GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM, 2 Hauppauge 2255s for 4 OTA ATSC tuners, HDHRPrime w Comcast, 3 STP-HD300s 20101007-0 firmware, nVidia Shield. Java v7u55. Plugins:SD EPG, OpenDCT

Last edited by HelenWeathers; 03-07-2009 at 03:32 PM.