SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Linux > SageTV for unRAID/Docker
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV for unRAID/Docker Discussion related to SageTV for unRAID/Docker. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to SageTV for unRAID/Docker should be posted here.

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2016, 06:54 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfi33 View Post
The comskip process may be crashing shortly after it starts scanning a live recording. Check out these posts by Taddeusz:

https://forums.sagetv.com/forums/sho...&postcount=236

https://forums.sagetv.com/forums/sho...kip#post591433
I think it may have been an issue with the .INI. I'll report back after some recordings go through.
Theater: nVidia Shield TV, mini client, Plex for movies, 120" screen. Mitsubishi HC4000. Denon X4300H. 7.4.4 speaker setup.
Old 10-01-2016, 03:37 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by panteragstk View Post
That might be what's happening to me. My wiz.bin is around 9 years old. Wonder if I need to do the same thing you did to resolve?

I wonder if Jeff would be able to get anything out of my wiz.bin that might point to the problem?
Better chance than from mine - with so little history, and the NFL's scheduling patterns, I don't have a 'current' situation to test with.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 10-02-2016, 11:40 PM
SageTVaholic

So something else odd is happening with my docker install. Sage isn't seeing any of the external tuning plugins. It asks me if I'd like to use external tuning, but won't let me choose an option for my tuner. I'm using gentuner and tuning works on the existing boxes, but no options show up anymore. May be another strange permissions issue.

What do I need to be looking for?

EDIT: Whatever was wrong was corrected by editing permissions of the gentuner file then adding the source again. I did have to choose the old input for it to select the correct tuner, but once I selected the new input the tuner selection stayed. Very odd behavior.
Theater: nVidia Shield TV, mini client, Plex for movies, 120" screen. Mitsubishi HC4000. Denon X4300H. 7.4.4 speaker setup.

Last edited by panteragstk; 10-02-2016 at 11:57 PM.
Old 10-03-2016, 05:40 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
So something else odd is happening with my docker install. Sage isn't seeing any of the external tuning plugins. It asks me if I'd like to use external tuning, but won't let me choose an option for my tuner. I'm using gentuner and tuning works on the existing boxes, but no options show up anymore. May be another strange permissions issue.

What do I need to be looking for?

EDIT: Whatever was wrong was corrected by editing permissions of the gentuner file then adding the source again. I did have to choose the old input for it to select the correct tuner, but once I selected the new input the tuner selection stayed. Very odd behavior.
What permissions are you changing? All gentuner scripts should have +x (executable) permissions in order to work, but are there other permissions that you are setting? I the script does set some extra permissions for commandIR (which no-one except me uses), but I'm wondering if I need to update the scripts to set/change permissions on gentuner files, if they exist.
Old 10-03-2016, 09:21 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
What permissions are you changing? All gentuner scripts should have +x (executable) permissions in order to work, but are there other permissions that you are setting? I the script does set some extra permissions for commandIR (which no-one except me uses), but I'm wondering if I need to update the scripts to set/change permissions on gentuner files, if they exist.
They are set to nobody as the owner. Owner and group can read/write, but everyone else can read.

For some reason mine got set to forbidden for everyone but the owner and group. I had already fixed this, but the issue came back. Not sure if it was after updating or not.

FYI: I'm using Dolphin to set permissions. CLI wasn't working for some reason.
Old 10-03-2016, 09:31 AM
SageTVaholic

So over the weekend I started the final phase of moving over to unRAID from Windows. I bought the Pro license and moved the rest of the drives over. I've begun converting the NTFS drives to the array. Finished copying the first drive this morning and it is currently clearing it for use. About 6.5 hours to clear a 2TB drive.

Have 3 2TB and a 1TB drive so it will probably take the better part of the week to complete.
Old 10-03-2016, 10:33 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
They are set to nobody as the owner. Owner and group can read/write, but everyone else can read.

For some reason mine got set to forbidden for everyone but the owner and group. I had already fixed this, but the issue came back. Not sure if it was after updating or not.

FYI: I'm using Dolphin to set permissions. CLI wasn't working for some reason.
After an install, all the files in the SageTV directory will have their permissions updated... Setting to nobody should be fine, since the sagetv process also should be running as 'nobody' as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taddeusz View Post
So over the weekend I started the final phase of moving over to unRAID from Windows. I bought the Pro license and moved the rest of the drives over. I've begun converting the NTFS drives to the array. Finished copying the first drive this morning and it is currently clearing it for use. About 6.5 hours to clear a 2TB drive.

Have 3 2TB and a 1TB drive so it will probably take the better part of the week to complete.
Yeah, initializing the drives for the first time does take a long time
Old 10-03-2016, 11:03 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
After an install, all the files in the SageTV directory will have their permissions updated... Setting to nobody should be fine, since the sagetv process also should be running as 'nobody' as well.

Yeah, initializing the drives for the first time does take a long time
When I transitioned to unRAID, I set it up with just a single drive in the pool, and no parity, and added all my existing NTFS drives from my windows server and mounted them with the Unassigned Devices plugin. This allowed me to get a sage server up and running, and it had access to all my existing content, so there was no real transition period. Then, I would move content one drive at a time onto the pool, and once a drive was emptied into the pool, I'd initialize it, and add it to the pool, and repeat with the next. Worked quite well, and didn't need to have a ton of redundant drives around to make it work, and everything was available the whole time.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Old 10-03-2016, 12:31 PM
Sage

All I'd be looking for is for the Airings of the games a year apart having different ShowIDs. You can see that by looking at Detailed Info.
Old 10-03-2016, 04:20 PM
Sage Icon

This has been working for me without issue for a while. I noticed a couple days ago that there was an update so I took it.

Now I can no longer connect with a client. The placeshifter connects fine, recordings are happening, but clients time out and don't show TV.

Any ideas on what could have changed? I do see this in my log file:
Executing pre-scripts
Starting server mode
./startsagecore: line 47: /var/run/sagetv.pid: Permission denied
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM warning: -XX:ThreadPriorityPolicy requires root privilege on Linux

Not sure if that is an issue or not.

thanks,
david
Old 10-03-2016, 04:34 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingHDTV View Post
This has been working for me without issue for a while. I noticed a couple days ago that there was an update so I took it.

Now I can no longer connect with a client. The placeshifter connects fine, recordings are happening, but clients time out and don't show TV.

Executing pre-scripts
Starting server mode
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM warning: -XX:ThreadPriorityPolicy requires root privilege on Linux

thanks,
david
as far as I can tell, the .pid permission error is normal in the docker, as us the ThreadPriorityPolicy warning.

Old 10-03-2016, 05:36 PM
Sage Expert

so, I haven't really been keeping up to date with the latest sage developments...
recently, I noticed this error:
Error in VFS File: ./userdata/Phoenix/cache/vfs-cached.xml; null

the phoenix log seems somewhat unhappy too...
Code:
2016-10-03 18:22:18,730 [SageTV] WARN  sagex.phoenix.vfs.builder.SourcesBuilder - Xml Parser Failure at line 92, column: 105; for: unknown xml
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; lineNumber: 92; columnNumber: 105; Failed to find class instance for factory for  sagex.phoenix.upnp.UPnPSourceFactory
	at sagex.phoenix.util.BaseBuilder.error(BaseBuilder.java:120)
	at sagex.phoenix.vfs.builder.SourcesBuilder.createFactory(SourcesBuilder.java:23)
	at sagex.phoenix.vfs.builder.FactoryItemBuilder.startElement(FactoryItemBuilder.java:35)
	at sagex.phoenix.vfs.builder.VFSBuilder.startElement(VFSBuilder.java:115)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.startElement(AbstractSAXParser.java:509)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractXMLDocumentParser.emptyElement(AbstractXMLDocumentParser.java:182)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.dtd.XMLDTDValidator.emptyElement(XMLDTDValidator.java:766)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.scanStartElement(XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.java:357)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDriver.next(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:2781)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl.next(XMLDocumentScannerImpl.java:606)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.next(XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.java:118)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:504)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(XML11Configuration.java:848)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(XML11Configuration.java:777)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:141)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(AbstractSAXParser.java:1213)
	at sagex.phoenix.vfs.builder.VFSBuilder.registerVFSSources(VFSBuilder.java:87)
	at sagex.phoenix.vfs.builder.VFSBuilder.registerVFSSources(VFSBuilder.java:53)
	at sagex.phoenix.vfs.VFSManager.visitConfigurationFile(VFSManager.java:195)
	at sagex.phoenix.vfs.VFSManager.rebuildCache(VFSManager.java:256)
	at sagex.phoenix.vfs.VFSManager.loadConfigurations(VFSManager.java:209)
	at sagex.phoenix.Phoenix.initServices(Phoenix.java:237)
	at sagex.phoenix.Phoenix.<clinit>(Phoenix.java:98)
	at Gemstone.util.GetSageTVRootDir(util.java:1018)
	at Gemstone.util.UserDataLocation(util.java:988)
	at Gemstone.util.InitLocations(util.java:1387)
	at Gemstone.api.Load(api.java:63)
	at Gemstone.GemstonePlugin.start(GemstonePlugin.java:90)
	at sage.plugin.CorePluginManager.startAllPlugins(CorePluginManager.java:2537)
	at sage.SageTV.run(SageTV.java:723)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: sagex.phoenix.upnp.UPnPSourceFactory
	at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:381)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:424)
	at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:331)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:357)
	at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
	at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:264)
	at sagex.phoenix.vfs.builder.SourcesBuilder.createFactory(SourcesBuilder.java:17)
	... 29 more
2016-10-03 18:22:18,733 [Thread-9] WARN  sagex.phoenix.ConfigurationErrorEventBus - No Event Handlers configured for type: configurationevent.newerror
2016-10-03 18:22:18,734 [SageTV] WARN  sagex.phoenix.vfs.VFSManager - Failed to load vfs sources from: ./userdata/Phoenix/cache/vfs-cached.xml; Dynamic Views/Sources will most likely be empty until the problem is resolved.
java.lang.NullPointerException
	at sagex.phoenix.vfs.builder.FactoryItemBuilder.startElement(FactoryItemBuilder.java:36)
	at sagex.phoenix.vfs.builder.VFSBuilder.startElement(VFSBuilder.java:115)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.startElement(AbstractSAXParser.java:509)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractXMLDocumentParser.emptyElement(AbstractXMLDocumentParser.java:182)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.dtd.XMLDTDValidator.emptyElement(XMLDTDValidator.java:766)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.scanStartElement(XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.java:357)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDriver.next(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:2781)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl.next(XMLDocumentScannerImpl.java:606)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.next(XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.java:118)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:504)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(XML11Configuration.java:848)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(XML11Configuration.java:777)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:141)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(AbstractSAXParser.java:1213)
	at sagex.phoenix.vfs.builder.VFSBuilder.registerVFSSources(VFSBuilder.java:87)
	at sagex.phoenix.vfs.builder.VFSBuilder.registerVFSSources(VFSBuilder.java:53)
	at sagex.phoenix.vfs.VFSManager.visitConfigurationFile(VFSManager.java:195)
	at sagex.phoenix.vfs.VFSManager.rebuildCache(VFSManager.java:256)
	at sagex.phoenix.vfs.VFSManager.loadConfigurations(VFSManager.java:209)
	at sagex.phoenix.Phoenix.initServices(Phoenix.java:237)
	at sagex.phoenix.Phoenix.<clinit>(Phoenix.java:98)
	at Gemstone.util.GetSageTVRootDir(util.java:1018)
	at Gemstone.util.UserDataLocation(util.java:988)
	at Gemstone.util.InitLocations(util.java:1387)
	at Gemstone.api.Load(api.java:63)
	at Gemstone.GemstonePlugin.start(GemstonePlugin.java:90)
	at sage.plugin.CorePluginManager.startAllPlugins(CorePluginManager.java:2537)
	at sage.SageTV.run(SageTV.java:723)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
sage log doesn't look too happy either...
for example:
Code:
ERROR - Status Failed:  phoenix
java.lang.NullPointerException
	at org.jdna.bmt.web.server.StatusServicesImpl.getStatusInfo(StatusServicesImpl.java:94)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
	at com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.RPC.invokeAndEncodeResponse(RPC.java:569)
	at com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.RemoteServiceServlet.processCall(RemoteServiceServlet.java:208)
	at com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.RemoteServiceServlet.processPost(RemoteServiceServlet.java:248)
	at com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.AbstractRemoteServiceServlet.doPost(AbstractRemoteServiceServlet.java:62)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:727)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:820)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:502)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:389)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:216)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:181)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:765)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:417)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:230)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:114)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:152)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.rewrite.RewriteHandler.handle(RewriteHandler.java:230)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:152)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:326)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:534)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.content(HttpConnection.java:879)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:747)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:218)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:404)
	at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:409)
	at org.mortbay.thread.QueuedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:520)
Mon 10/3 18:22:20.238 [1374930502@qtp-1965938242-3@51f3c646] ::WARN:  Exception while dispatching incoming RPC call
Mon 10/3 18:22:20.239 [1374930502@qtp-1965938242-3@51f3c646] com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.UnexpectedException: Service method 'public abstract java.util.List org.jdna.bmt.web.client.ui.status.StatusServices.getStatusInfo(java.lang.String)' threw an unexpected exception: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.NullPointerException
Mon 10/3 18:22:20.239 [1374930502@qtp-1965938242-3@51f3c646] 	at com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.RPC.encodeResponseForFailure(RPC.java:385)
Mon 10/3 18:22:20.239 [1374930502@qtp-1965938242-3@51f3c646] 	at com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.RPC.invokeAndEncodeResponse(RPC.java:588)
Mon 10/3 18:22:20.239 [1374930502@qtp-1965938242-3@51f3c646] 	at com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.RemoteServiceServlet.processCall(RemoteServiceServlet.java:208)
Mon 10/3 18:22:20.239 [1374930502@qtp-1965938242-3@51f3c646] 	at com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.RemoteServiceServlet.processPost(RemoteServiceServlet.java:248)
Mon 10/3 18:22:20.239 [1374930502@qtp-1965938242-3@51f3c646] 	at com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.AbstractRemoteServiceServlet.doPost(AbstractRemoteServiceServlet.java:62)
Mon 10/3 18:22:20.239 [1374930502@qtp-1965938242-3@51f3c646] 	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:727)
Mon 10/3 18:22:20.239 [1374930502@qtp-1965938242-3@51f3c646] 	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:820)
Mon 10/3 18:22:20.239 [1374930502@qtp-1965938242-3@51f3c646] 	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:502)
Mon 10/3 18:22:20.239 [1374930502@qtp-1965938242-3@51f3c646] 	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:389)
Mon 10/3 18:22:20.239 [1374930502@qtp-1965938242-3@51f3c646] 	at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:216)
Mon 10/3 18:22:20.239 [1374930502@qtp-1965938242-3@51f3c646] 	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:181)
Mon 10/3 18:22:20.239 [1374930502@qtp-1965938242-3@51f3c646] 	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:765)
Mon 10/3 18:22:20.239 [1374930502@qtp-1965938242-3@51f3c646] 	at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:417)
Mon 10/3 18:22:20.239 [1374930502@qtp-1965938242-3@51f3c646] 	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:230)
Mon 10/3 18:22:20.239 [1374930502@qtp-1965938242-3@51f3c646] 	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:114)
Mon 10/3 18:22:20.239 [1374930502@qtp-1965938242-3@51f3c646] 	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:152)
Mon 10/3 18:22:20.239 [1374930502@qtp-1965938242-3@51f3c646] 	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.rewrite.RewriteHandler.handle(RewriteHandler.java:230)
Mon 10/3 18:22:20.239 [1374930502@qtp-1965938242-3@51f3c646] 	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:152)
Mon 10/3 18:22:20.239 [1374930502@qtp-1965938242-3@51f3c646] 	at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:326)
Mon 10/3 18:22:20.239 [1374930502@qtp-1965938242-3@51f3c646] 	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:534)
Mon 10/3 18:22:20.239 [1374930502@qtp-1965938242-3@51f3c646] 	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.content(HttpConnection.java:879)
Mon 10/3 18:22:20.239 [1374930502@qtp-1965938242-3@51f3c646] 	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:747)
Mon 10/3 18:22:20.239 [1374930502@qtp-1965938242-3@51f3c646] 	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:218)
Mon 10/3 18:22:20.239 [1374930502@qtp-1965938242-3@51f3c646] 	at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:404)
Mon 10/3 18:22:20.239 [1374930502@qtp-1965938242-3@51f3c646] 	at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:409)
Mon 10/3 18:22:20.239 [1374930502@qtp-1965938242-3@51f3c646] 	at org.mortbay.thread.QueuedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:520)
Mon 10/3 18:22:20.240 [1374930502@qtp-1965938242-3@51f3c646] Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.NullPointerException
Mon 10/3 18:22:20.240 [1374930502@qtp-1965938242-3@51f3c646] 	at org.jdna.bmt.web.server.StatusServicesImpl.getStatusInfo(StatusServicesImpl.java:163)
Mon 10/3 18:22:20.240 [1374930502@qtp-1965938242-3@51f3c646] 	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
Mon 10/3 18:22:20.240 [1374930502@qtp-1965938242-3@51f3c646] 	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
Mon 10/3 18:22:20.240 [1374930502@qtp-1965938242-3@51f3c646] 	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
Mon 10/3 18:22:20.240 [1374930502@qtp-1965938242-3@51f3c646] 	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
Mon 10/3 18:22:20.240 [1374930502@qtp-1965938242-3@51f3c646] 	at com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.RPC.invokeAndEncodeResponse(RPC.java:569)
Mon 10/3 18:22:20.240 [1374930502@qtp-1965938242-3@51f3c646] 	... 24 more
Mon 10/3 18:22:20.240 [1374930502@qtp-1965938242-3@51f3c646] Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
Mon 10/3 18:22:20.240 [1374930502@qtp-1965938242-3@51f3c646] 	at org.jdna.bmt.web.server.StatusServicesImpl.getStatusInfo(StatusServicesImpl.java:94)
Mon 10/3 18:22:20.240 [1374930502@qtp-1965938242-3@51f3c646] 	... 29 more
Mon 10/3 18:22:23.173 [SageTV@3b9eba46] Arp: stdout: ? (192.168.1.231) at 00:23:a5:00:07:60 [ether] on br0
Mon 10/3 18:22:23.173 [SageTV@3b9eba46] Arp: stdout: ? (192.168.1.26) at 00:18:dd:03:1a:38 [ether] on br0
Mon 10/3 18:22:23.173 [SageTV@3b9eba46] Arp: stdout: ? (192.168.1.92) at 00:23:a5:00:05:7d [ether] on br0
Mon 10/3 18:22:23.173 [SageTV@3b9eba46] Arp: stdout: ? (192.168.1.23) at 00:0e:58:11:56:f0 [ether] on br0
Mon 10/3 18:22:23.173 [SageTV@3b9eba46] Arp: stdout: ? (192.168.1.190) at 00:18:dd:03:5f:24 [ether] on br0
Mon 10/3 18:22:23.174 [SageTV@3b9eba46] Arp: stdout: ? (192.168.1.24) at 00:0e:58:11:57:8e [ether] on br0
Mon 10/3 18:22:23.174 [SageTV@3b9eba46] Arp: stdout: ? (192.168.1.198) at 52:54:00:7c:91:7c [ether] on br0
Mon 10/3 18:22:23.174 [SageTV@3b9eba46] Arp: stdout: ? (192.168.1.32) at c8:60:00:9e:f8:d2 [ether] on br0
Mon 10/3 18:22:23.174 [SageTV@3b9eba46] Arp: stdout: ? (192.168.1.246) at 80:3f:5d:81:e7:1e [ether] on br0
Mon 10/3 18:22:23.174 [SageTV@3b9eba46] Arp: stdout: ? (192.168.1.30) at <incomplete> on br0
Mon 10/3 18:22:23.174 [SageTV@3b9eba46] Arp: stdout: ? (192.168.1.28) at 00:1d:6a:4c:f6:97 [ether] on br0
Mon 10/3 18:22:23.174 [SageTV@3b9eba46] Arp: stdout: ? (192.168.1.51) at 08:11:96:06:61:2c [ether] on br0
Mon 10/3 18:22:23.174 [SageTV@3b9eba46] Arp: stdout: ? (192.168.1.1) at 44:d9:e7:95:d3:7a [ether] on br0
Mon 10/3 18:22:23.174 [SageTV@3b9eba46] Arp: stdout: ? (192.168.1.224) at 00:23:a5:00:07:60 [ether] on br0
Mon 10/3 18:22:23.175 [SageTV@3b9eba46] Arp: stdout: ? (192.168.1.205) at 00:25:90:0a:50:74 [ether] on br0
Mon 10/3 18:22:23.175 [SageTV@3b9eba46] Arp: stdout: ? (192.168.1.58) at 00:0e:58:30:9a:70 [ether] on br0
Mon 10/3 18:22:23.175 [SageTV@3b9eba46] Arp: stdout: ? (192.168.1.89) at 00:0e:58:11:51:a8 [ether] on br0
Mon 10/3 18:22:23.175 [SageTV@3b9eba46] Arp: stdout: ? (192.168.1.253) at 80:3f:5d:81:e7:1e [ether] on br0
Mon 10/3 18:22:23.175 [SageTV@3b9eba46] Arp: stdout: ? (192.168.1.106) at 00:0e:58:54:65:2c [ether] on br0
Mon 10/3 18:22:23.175 [SageTV@3b9eba46] Arp: stdout: ? (192.168.1.27) at c8:60:00:9e:f8:d2 [ether] on br0
Mon 10/3 18:22:23.175 [SageTV@3b9eba46] Arp: stdout: ? (192.168.1.162) at 00:0e:58:20:0a:4a [ether] on br0
Mon 10/3 18:22:23.175 [SageTV@3b9eba46] Arp: stdout: ? (192.168.1.12) at <incomplete> on br0
Mon 10/3 18:22:23.175 [SageTV@3b9eba46] Arp: stdout: ? (192.168.1.233) at <incomplete> on br0
Mon 10/3 18:22:23.175 [SageTV@3b9eba46] Arp: stdout: ? (192.168.1.20) at 80:2a:a8:56:a2:8f [ether] on br0
Mon 10/3 18:22:23.175 [SageTV@3b9eba46] Arp: stdout: ? (192.168.1.83) at 00:21:cc:69:68:4a [ether] on br0
Mon 10/3 18:22:23.176 [SageTV@3b9eba46] Arp: stdout: ? (192.168.1.25) at <incomplete> on br0
Mon 10/3 18:22:23.176 [SageTV@3b9eba46] Arp: stdout: ? (192.168.1.189) at 00:18:dd:03:5f:23 [ether] on br0
Mon 10/3 18:22:23.176 [SageTV@3b9eba46] Arp: stdout: ? (192.168.1.208) at <incomplete> on br0
Mon 10/3 18:22:23.176 [SageTV@3b9eba46] Arp: stdout: ? (192.168.1.31) at 00:23:a5:00:05:7d [ether] on br0
Mon 10/3 18:22:23.176 [SageTV@3b9eba46] Arp: stdout: ? (192.168.1.248) at 00:0e:58:11:57:8e [ether] on br0
Mon 10/3 18:22:23.176 [SageTV@3b9eba46] Arp: stdout: ? (192.168.1.164) at 08:11:96:06:61:2c [ether] on br0
Mon 10/3 18:22:23.176 [SageTV@3b9eba46] Arp: stdout: ? (192.168.1.98) at 00:0e:58:11:52:68 [ether] on br0
Mon 10/3 18:22:23.176 [SageTV@3b9eba46] Arp: stdout: ? (192.168.1.6) at 0c:c4:7a:c8:ba:ba [ether] on br0
Mon 10/3 18:22:23.176 [SageTV@3b9eba46] Arp: stdout: ? (192.168.1.37) at <incomplete> on br0
Mon 10/3 18:22:23.176 [SageTV@3b9eba46] Arp: stdout: ? (192.168.1.59) at 00:18:dd:01:77:2f [ether] on br0
Mon 10/3 18:22:23.176 [SageTV@3b9eba46] Issuing the command: killall waitpower on the extender at /192.168.1.37
Mon 10/3 18:22:26.182 [SageTV@3b9eba46] Error: No route to host
Mon 10/3 18:22:26.183 [SageTV@3b9eba46] arp exited with 0
whats all that about?

also, probably unrelated, but why is my apps/sage/server directory filled with youtube videos? who put them there? and why? seems like a bad place for them?
Old 10-03-2016, 05:45 PM
SageTVaholic

I had a similar error with vfs-cached.xml when I upgraded the BMT web plugin. I had created some custom UPnP views I wasn't using anymore. When I removed, them, the errors went away.
SageTV v9 Server: ASRock Z97 Extreme4, Intel i7-4790K @ 4.4Ghz, 32GB RAM, 6x 3TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 5TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 6TB 7200rpm HD, 4x 256GB SSD, 4x 500GB SSD, unRAID Pro 6.7.2 (Dual Parity + SSD Cache).
Capture: 1x Ceton InfiniTV 4 (ClearQAM), 2x Ceton InfiniTV 6, 1x BM1000-HDMI, 1x BM3500-HDMI.

Clients: 1x HD300 (Living Room), 1x HD200 (Master Bedroom).
Software: OpenDCT :: WMC Live TV Tuner :: Schedules Direct EPG
Old 10-03-2016, 05:50 PM
Sage Expert

I don't have any custom upnp views, those would be way above my pay grade.
Old 10-04-2016, 05:29 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

Executing pre-scripts
Starting server mode

thanks,
david
So both of those things are "normal" for docker (and running as non-root) and would not cause your issues. My suggestion is to capture the client log and server log when you try to connect with debug logging turned on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeWhatLost View Post
so, I haven't really been keeping up to date with the latest sage developments...
recently, I noticed this error:
Error in VFS File: ./userdata/Phoenix/cache/vfs-cached.xml; null
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeWhatLost View Post
I don't have any custom upnp views, those would be way above my pay grade.

If you have Phoenix UI installed (but aren't using it, then remove it) then re-install the latest phoenix-core (3.0.1). This looks like you are running a current phoenix build but using an OLD vfs file. If that doesn't work, you can download the latest vfs xml and put it in the STVs/Phoenix/vfs/ directory... but uninstalling phoenix-core and then re-isntalling phoenix core should do the same thing.
Old 10-04-2016, 06:32 AM
Sage Expert

Where does one find the latest Phoenix?
The one for d/load in my plug-in is v2.5.413?
Do one need some special access or something to see the v3 Phoenix?
Or alternatively, where can I get the new vfs file from?
Old 10-04-2016, 07:00 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:

Maybe the client needs to be updated as well?
Client: Fire TV Stick 4K
Old 10-04-2016, 07:12 AM
SageTVaholic

Well, my final phase of converting from Windows to unRAID has hit a little snag. Was copying files over night and apparently the drive I just cleared yesterday has failed and now it's running emulated. Ordered a replacement drive this morning but it won't be here till Thursday evening. Crossing fingers.

I should have seen it as a sign that as soon as I hooked the last batch of drives up it reported that this particular drive was in a warning state for too many reallocated sectors. That and this is also the drive that I bought refurbished from Woot. I think this is the first and last time I buy a refurbished drive from Woot. I guess it lasted as long as to be expected though. Almost 2 years. A little disappointing for a WD RE4-GP drive even if it was refurbed. I guess there were warning signs that the deal might have been too good but needed storage at the time.

Oh well, live and learn.

Debating whether I should move the more critical data off that drive but then if another drive goes during that time then it doesn't really matter anyway. These two days are going to feel like an eternity.
Old 10-04-2016, 07:29 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfi33 View Post
Maybe the client needs to be updated as well?
I wondered about this, but didn't see an updated client in the windows exe client sticky. Is there somewhere else to look, or do I need to compile my own?

thanks
david

EDIT: OK I found the new client, installed it and it now works. Thanks!

Last edited by lovingHDTV; 10-04-2016 at 07:37 AM.
Old 10-04-2016, 07:33 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
So both of those things are "normal" for docker (and running as non-root) and would not cause your issues. My suggestion is to capture the client log and server log when you try to connect with debug logging turned on.

If you have Phoenix UI installed (but aren't using it, then remove it) then re-install the latest phoenix-core (3.0.1). This looks like you are running a current phoenix build but using an OLD vfs file. If that doesn't work, you can download the latest vfs xml and put it in the STVs/Phoenix/vfs/ directory... but uninstalling phoenix-core and then re-isntalling phoenix core should do the same thing.
OK I'll figure out how to turn on debugging. I didn't see a log file any where, at least not in the sagetv/sagetv directory like it used to be.

I didn't intentionally install Phoenix, the only plugin I have on the client is comskip and sageex-api. I didn't see Phoenix installed on either the client or server. I do see that it is available to install.

thanks
david
Closed Thread