SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Linux > SageTV for unRAID/Docker
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV for unRAID/Docker Discussion related to SageTV for unRAID/Docker. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to SageTV for unRAID/Docker should be posted here.

Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2016, 03:40 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
I would use the backup/restore feature in the as alfi33 suggested.. it stops the container before doing a backup, which ensures that sagetv should have committed all data to Wiz.bin before doing a backup.

As for the what is causing it... I'm not sure. The 9.0.7 release there was a bug that caused Wiz.bin corruption on some Wiz.bin files. If your's is corrupting everytime, then, I'm not sure what could be causing that. BTW the bug is fixed in the 9.0.8 release.
The problem I have with the Community Applications plugin for unRAID is it won't wait to shutdown the docker to do the backup if SageTV is recording something. As far as I know anyway. I hope to hear that I am wrong - please
Old 09-26-2016, 04:27 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobPhoenix View Post
The problem I have with the Community Applications plugin for unRAID is it won't wait to shutdown the docker to do the backup if SageTV is recording something. As far as I know anyway. I hope to hear that I am wrong - please
The problem is that if it issues a shutdown the container will downdown in the middle of your recording (like turning off your machine in the middle of a recording). So yeah, it won't wait.
Old 09-27-2016, 11:47 AM
SageTVaholic

unRAID 6.2

FYI... I was running unRAID 6.2 beta for a long time, and I finally just updated to the final 6.2 release... All is well... In case others were hesitant of updating.
Old 09-27-2016, 12:15 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
FYI... I was running unRAID 6.2 beta for a long time, and I finally just updated to the final 6.2 release... All is well... In case others were hesitant of updating.
I did the upgrade on mine. It all went well and I was even remote from work. My only gripe is that now all my Dockers show they have updates available. Looks like it might be a known bug.
Old 09-27-2016, 12:44 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taddeusz View Post
I did the upgrade on mine. It all went well and I was even remote from work. My only gripe is that now all my Dockers show they have updates available. Looks like it might be a known bug.
I've noticed the same thing.
Old 09-27-2016, 06:22 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I was about to echo this, but my 6.2 upgrade went to crap. Fortunately I could quickly recover by copying the "previous" back to root on the flash drive.

After I upgraded, I no longer had an eth0: "Device "eth0" does not exist."
For some reason eth0 is getting renamed "e1000e 0000:00:19.0 eth120: renamed from eth0"

Unless it's something with AMT and there being a second logical interface? Motherboard is a P8Q77-M/CSM with AMT, it does get two IP addresses, but there's only one NIC port.
Old 09-27-2016, 06:58 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanger89 View Post
I was about to echo this, but my 6.2 upgrade went to crap. Fortunately I could quickly recover by copying the "previous" back to root on the flash drive.

After I upgraded, I no longer had an eth0: "Device "eth0" does not exist."
For some reason eth0 is getting renamed "e1000e 0000:00:19.0 eth120: renamed from eth0"

Unless it's something with AMT and there being a second logical interface? Motherboard is a P8Q77-M/CSM with AMT, it does get two IP addresses, but there's only one NIC port.
That sounds pretty bad... I was hesitant to upgrade myself (something always happens)... but fortunately, mine went well.
Old 09-28-2016, 03:54 PM
SageTVaholic

Just got done upgrading and mine went well too. Will be posting a weird SageTV heap memory error I'm getting. I got it before the upgrade too so wasn't the upgrade that did it.
Old 09-29-2016, 11:51 PM
SageTVaholic

I'm having some strange issues with the v9 docker and comskip.

1. The first is that comskip is set to run at the start of a recording, which it is apparently doing. It just isn't detecting any commercials. Deleting the comskip files then manually running comskip on the show works fine. Commercials are detected without issue. What do I need to look for here?

2. Also, this one is really odd, but I don't know where else to ask. For some reason Sage isn't recording some of my sports favorites. It sees them as favorites and will start recording them if I watch while the game is in progress, but if I don't notice and start watching it just doesn't record. It seems like it's just sports, but it could be other stuff. I really wouldn't know since I hardly watch live TV and have gotten used to the fact that Sage just works.

Anything I can look at to see what the possible issues are?
Theater: nVidia Shield TV, mini client, Plex for movies, 120" screen. Mitsubishi HC4000. Denon X4300H. 7.4.4 speaker setup.
Old 09-30-2016, 04:09 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by panteragstk View Post
2. Also, this one is really odd, but I don't know where else to ask. For some reason Sage isn't recording some of my sports favorites. It sees them as favorites and will start recording them if I watch while the game is in progress, but if I don't notice and start watching it just doesn't record. It seems like it's just sports, but it could be other stuff. I really wouldn't know since I hardly watch live TV and have gotten used to the fact that Sage just works.

Anything I can look at to see what the possible issues are?
Take a look at the external ID for each airing that should record for each related sport (likely SP#########, but not guaranteed). Are the ID's the same or different? If they are the same, that's part of the problem.
SageTV v9 Server: ASRock Z97 Extreme4, Intel i7-4790K @ 4.4Ghz, 32GB RAM, 6x 3TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 5TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 6TB 7200rpm HD, 4x 256GB SSD, 4x 500GB SSD, unRAID Pro 6.7.2 (Dual Parity + SSD Cache).
Capture: 1x Ceton InfiniTV 4 (ClearQAM), 2x Ceton InfiniTV 6, 1x BM1000-HDMI, 1x BM3500-HDMI.

Clients: 1x HD300 (Living Room), 1x HD200 (Master Bedroom).
Software: OpenDCT :: WMC Live TV Tuner :: Schedules Direct EPG
Old 09-30-2016, 05:56 AM
SageTVaholic

I think something I've noticed in the past, is Sage's EPG data doesn't differentiate between "NFL Football: San Diego Chargers @ Kansas City Chiefs" from the 2016 season as a different show as "NFL Football: San Diego Chargers @ Kansas City Chiefs" from the 2015 season. This results in the situation where if you watched the game last year, it won't record this year. At the beginning of the new season, I go into my "NFL Football" favorite and set the watched status of everything to unwatched.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 09-30-2016, 08:17 AM
Sage Icon

Yeah, that behavior of recording only if you watch sounds like a 'watched' episode of a favorite. I've seen that happen on favorites I tuned into and re-watched. They stick around until I delete them.

I wonder if the episode matching code needs to include the original air date since that should be unique regardless of episode ID? Or is the game not even showing as a first run and maybe the original air date is even the same year to year?
Old 09-30-2016, 11:12 AM
Sage Advanced User

A lot of Sage heavies have already responded to this and I hesitate to add my 2 cents, but...

I have "Chicago PD" listed as a favorite and for several seasons all went well. Then, last year, for one episode only, the guide had it shown as "Chicago P.D." and the recording failed. It didn't take a long time to notice the difference, but my thought would be to insure that your sports program favorite is titled exactly as the new episodes are.
Old 09-30-2016, 11:49 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
I think something I've noticed in the past, is Sage's EPG data doesn't differentiate between "NFL Football: San Diego Chargers @ Kansas City Chiefs" from the 2016 season as a different show as "NFL Football: San Diego Chargers @ Kansas City Chiefs" from the 2015 season. This results in the situation where if you watched the game last year, it won't record this year. At the beginning of the new season, I go into my "NFL Football" favorite and set the watched status of everything to unwatched.
I don't think this is true...you'd have to prove me wrong with solid data for me to believe it.
Old 09-30-2016, 01:31 PM
SageTVaholic

Thanks for all the responses, but Sage is recognizing the game as a new airing just fine.

It's odd just because of the fact that once I play the what should be recording it's almost like Sage suddenly realizes it should have been recording the game the whole time and does so. Even if I stop watching. These are even in the recording schedule.

Happened last night with a College game on Fox Sports 1 and the last Monday night football game.

I'll check to see if I've excluded those channels for some reason, but I'm not sure that is the issue.
Theater: nVidia Shield TV, mini client, Plex for movies, 120" screen. Mitsubishi HC4000. Denon X4300H. 7.4.4 speaker setup.
Old 09-30-2016, 01:55 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narflex View Post
I don't think this is true...you'd have to prove me wrong with solid data for me to believe it.
I agree, it shouldn't happen, but year over year, I've missed the first weeks division games until I clear watched status. AiringID's are different year over year, but for some reason it wasn't scheduling until the watched status was cleared on the old airing. I just looked to see if I can show it happening, and with the limited LA Market lineups, and the fact that I started a new Wiz.bin in the middle of 2015, I don't have a single situation like that the next two weeks. In previous years, it was most likely to occur for chargers divisional games, because they were always aired, and repeated opponents each year. The Rams being in town now has screwed that up, and they aren't airing all the Chargers games in LA anymore.

I'd look in the scheduler code to find some sign of where this is occurring, but i just go cross-eyed in there.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Old 09-30-2016, 03:06 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I agree, it shouldn't happen, but year over year, I've missed the first weeks division games until I clear watched status. AiringID's are different year over year, but for some reason it wasn't scheduling until the watched status was cleared on the old airing. I just looked to see if I can show it happening, and with the limited LA Market lineups, and the fact that I started a new Wiz.bin in the middle of 2015, I don't have a single situation like that the next two weeks. In previous years, it was most likely to occur for chargers divisional games, because they were always aired, and repeated opponents each year. The Rams being in town now has screwed that up, and they aren't airing all the Chargers games in LA anymore.

I'd look in the scheduler code to find some sign of where this is occurring, but i just go cross-eyed in there.
Not to get off subject, but the LA Rams thing bugs me.

Anyway, do you remember if the new games were showing as watched or were they showing as favorites that should be recorded? Not sure if I'm explaining that well or not.
Old 09-30-2016, 03:26 PM
SageTVaholic

In those situations, they'd show as favorites (bold), but not scheduled, similar to how repeat broadcasts would show.

The LA thing drove me nuts a couple weeks ago, when the Chargers game was not shown in LA - and neither was any other AFC-AFC game on CBS - they opted to show infomercials instead of football. There were 3 other AFC-AFC games they could have opted to air - LA was the only CBS affiliate nationwide NOT airing football in that timeslot.

Old 09-30-2016, 04:51 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by panteragstk View Post
1. The first is that comskip is set to run at the start of a recording, which it is apparently doing. It just isn't detecting any commercials. Deleting the comskip files then manually running comskip on the show works fine. Commercials are detected without issue. What do I need to look for here?
The comskip process may be crashing shortly after it starts scanning a live recording. Check out these posts by Taddeusz:

https://forums.sagetv.com/forums/sho...&postcount=236

https://forums.sagetv.com/forums/sho...kip#post591433
Client: Fire TV Stick 4K
Old 09-30-2016, 06:54 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
In those situations, they'd show as favorites (bold), but not scheduled, similar to how repeat broadcasts would show.

The LA thing drove me nuts a couple weeks ago, when the Chargers game was not shown in LA - and neither was any other AFC-AFC game on CBS - they opted to show infomercials instead of football. There were 3 other AFC-AFC games they could have opted to air - LA was the only CBS affiliate nationwide NOT airing football in that timeslot.
That might be what's happening to me. My wiz.bin is around 9 years old. Wonder if I need to do the same thing you did to resolve?

I wonder if Jeff would be able to get anything out of my wiz.bin that might point to the problem?
Closed Thread