SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Clients Development
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Clients Development This forum is for discussions relating to SageTV Open Source Clients Development.

Old 06-25-2016, 10:59 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoful View Post
I factory reset my Fire TV 4k
Now if I use the EXO player I can watch 'live' tv it seems so far, but recorded shows have no audio on most of the ones I've tried so far. I'll update some more when I get more info.
If I use the default instead of EXO i get audio with no video still.
I was finally forced up to the latest Amazon update on my 2nd gen firetv and now I am experiencing the same issue you are seeing where there is no video but audio is working on recorded videos. Encoded videos or ones I have manually converted play video and audio with no issues. My firetv gen 1 is still running fine on 5.0.5 and can play the same videos with no issues.

Before the update everything was working great so I am with you, it has to be something in the update that broke it.
Old 06-26-2016, 07:33 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gexi View Post
I was finally forced up to the latest Amazon update on my 2nd gen firetv and now I am experiencing the same issue you are seeing where there is no video but audio is working on recorded videos. Encoded videos or ones I have manually converted play video and audio with no issues. My firetv gen 1 is still running fine on 5.0.5 and can play the same videos with no issues.

Before the update everything was working great so I am with you, it has to be something in the update that broke it.
Based on some research it appears that Amazon messed with some codecs in the latest 5.2.1.0 update.

They haven't posted the source update yet so I am unable to verify but will keep watching here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...deId=201452680
Old 06-29-2016, 06:56 AM
Sage Icon

I'm having problematic playback with MPEG-2 ATSC recordings. I'm using the NVidia Shield connected to an AVR.

With IJKPlayer, the audio is out-of-sync with the video. I'm not sure if this might be related to AC3 passthrough not being available yet. It also seems like deinterlacing might not be as good as it could/should be (video seems slightly "smeared" on occasion).

With ExoPlayer, audio/video sync is right on and the picture is great but seeking and resuming cause serious problems. If I skip forward a few times or try to resume, the timeline jumps to the very end and playback gets all messed up. Would it be helpful to post a sample? Thanks.
Old 06-29-2016, 07:40 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cncb View Post
I'm having problematic playback with MPEG-2 ATSC recordings. I'm using the NVidia Shield connected to an AVR.

With IJKPlayer, the audio is out-of-sync with the video. I'm not sure if this might be related to AC3 passthrough not being available yet. It also seems like deinterlacing might not be as good as it could/should be (video seems slightly "smeared" on occasion).

With ExoPlayer, audio/video sync is right on and the picture is great but seeking and resuming cause serious problems. If I skip forward a few times or try to resume, the timeline jumps to the very end and playback gets all messed up. Would it be helpful to post a sample? Thanks.
A sample is always good. Typically only needs to be 10-50mb... unless the problem can only be really noticeable in larger file. I'm struggling these days to find time for this

I would also suggest opening an issue with a possible link to the sample. If you can't provide a sample as an attachment, or link, then just add a comment to contact your on the forum for a sample... that way when I do get time to look at it, I'll know how contact
Old 06-29-2016, 09:19 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
A sample is always good. Typically only needs to be 10-50mb... unless the problem can only be really noticeable in larger file. I'm struggling these days to find time for this

I would also suggest opening an issue with a possible link to the sample. If you can't provide a sample as an attachment, or link, then just add a comment to contact your on the forum for a sample... that way when I do get time to look at it, I'll know how contact
Can I do the same for my problem? I totally understand the time part - I'm still trying to find the time to play with that pushbullet plugin we discussed ages ago, lol.
Old 06-29-2016, 09:25 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkWolf77 View Post
Can I do the same for my problem? I totally understand the time part - I'm still trying to find the time to play with that pushbullet plugin we discussed ages ago, lol.
Absolutely
Old 07-03-2016, 01:10 PM
Sage Expert

the Mini client is about the coolest thing ever...
juust because I could:

you can barely tell due to the glare, probably due to no top/doors/etc... but I loaded up the Mini client on my jeep...
not sure what practical use it is, but it is cool...
now I just need to work on getting better wifi in the driveway...
Old 07-03-2016, 03:55 PM
SageTVaholic

Very Cool!