SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Clients Development
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Clients Development This forum is for discussions relating to SageTV Open Source Clients Development.

Old 02-14-2016, 12:20 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
I honestly don't know. I assume by the question that it is NOT doing the passthrough, correct? I'll do some research to see if IJKPlayer supports audio passthrough.
Yes, everything seems to be decoded to stereo PCM.
Old 02-14-2016, 12:28 PM
SageTVaholic

Stuckless,

Ignore my previous comments it appears that it definitely the way OpenDCT is muxing H.264 ts files as it even freezes in Kodi and breaks up.

Everything else plays fine. MPEG2-PS MPEG2-TS and MP4 etc...
Old 02-14-2016, 02:03 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cncb View Post
Yes, everything seems to be decoded to stereo PCM.
Updated to 1.0RC1.

Same thing here with ijk, everything else seems to be working with ijk except the audio, mostly H.264 recordings as TS files, with comskip.

Exo passes the audio through correctly, but can't seem to handle commercial skips, it keep jumpings back and forth to 1st skip point and beginning of video. It also does something weird to my Shield TV where it kills the audio for good when I exit the mini player while it's skipping around. I have to reboot the Shield TV to get the audio back.
Old 02-14-2016, 03:44 PM
SageTVaholic

Here is an Image of the mini Client playing OPENDCT H.264 TS created files.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20160214_131756.jpg (346.8 KB, 235 views)
Old 02-14-2016, 04:53 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
Here is an Image of the mini Client playing OPENDCT H.264 TS created files.
I would definately have noticed that Your file look good on my phone and ShieldTV.
Old 02-14-2016, 05:57 PM
SageTVaholic

That's good to see that this is probably only going to be a problem on some devices. I noticed that Comcast does some strange things involving frame ordering and some decoders probably don't like it.
SageTV v9 Server: ASRock Z97 Extreme4, Intel i7-4790K @ 4.4Ghz, 32GB RAM, 6x 3TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 5TB 7200rpm HD, 2x 6TB 7200rpm HD, 4x 256GB SSD, 4x 500GB SSD, unRAID Pro 6.7.2 (Dual Parity + SSD Cache).
Capture: 1x Ceton InfiniTV 4 (ClearQAM), 2x Ceton InfiniTV 6, 1x BM1000-HDMI, 1x BM3500-HDMI.

Clients: 1x HD300 (Living Room), 1x HD200 (Master Bedroom).
Software: OpenDCT :: WMC Live TV Tuner :: Schedules Direct EPG
Old 02-15-2016, 07:39 AM
Sage User

I appreciate all of the work that has been done so far! I have Amazon Fire TV's first generation all hooked up via ethernet and the IJK player playes everything but does not pass through the audio and converts it to PCM, it also is not deinterlacing 1080i and you get lines from programming. Kodi had the same issue but the created a deinteracer tha uses BOB inverted that fixed the problems with the AFTV and I didn't know if that is a fix that could be implemented.

Also the EXOPLAYER doesn't play any video at all. TS MKV, nothing, Live, backed up to hard drive, nothing.

I am currently using version 7 with a license, should I be using the open source version to correct any of this? I am using Windows 7 Home Premium OS....

Thank you for your help!!
Old 02-15-2016, 10:14 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucsfan2008 View Post
I appreciate all of the work that has been done so far! I have Amazon Fire TV's first generation all hooked up via ethernet and the IJK player playes everything but does not pass through the audio and converts it to PCM, it also is not deinterlacing 1080i and you get lines from programming. Kodi had the same issue but the created a deinteracer tha uses BOB inverted that fixed the problems with the AFTV and I didn't know if that is a fix that could be implemented.

Also the EXOPLAYER doesn't play any video at all. TS MKV, nothing, Live, backed up to hard drive, nothing.

I am currently using version 7 with a license, should I be using the open source version to correct any of this? I am using Windows 7 Home Premium OS....

Thank you for your help!!
I don't think that upgrading to v9 is going get it working any better

Odd that ExoPlayer doesn't play anything... since it should at least play the MKV files (assuming they are H264).

IJK player passthrough is not implemented (I'm having a discussing with the maintainer).
Old 02-15-2016, 01:13 PM
Sage User

Quote:

Odd that ExoPlayer doesn't play anything... since it should at least play the MKV files (assuming they are H264).

IJK player passthrough is not implemented (I'm having a discussing with the maintainer).
Thank you so much for all of your hard work and quick response!! I will make sure that they are H264 and get back to you. Are you still taking donations?
Old 02-15-2016, 01:47 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Thank you so much for all of your hard work and quick response!! I will make sure that they are H264 and get back to you. Are you still taking donations?
Thx. The Indiegogo Campaign was setup to remain open, even after the 60 day deadline.
Old 02-16-2016, 08:26 AM
Sage User

Quote:

I did test a few mkv's that were H264 with ExoPlayer and they don't play, it skips right to the end. Tried backing up and I get nothing except a black screen.
Old 02-16-2016, 06:33 PM
Sage Aficionado

Hi Sean...On my Shield TV with RC1, the video for both MPEG-TS and MPEG-PS play slow motion in IJK, while the audio plays fine. MPEG-PS still freezes in Exo. PS files are from HDHR/Sage V9 and TS are from HDHR/OpenDCT. Wired ethernet. Apologies if this is old news. Thanks again for all you do!!!
Old 02-17-2016, 08:39 AM
Sage Aficionado

Oh wow mpeg2 hw decoding support in ijkplayer! I remember last you mentioned that the developer hadn't enabled it yet, so you guys must have worked something out...

Having audio Passthrough on Nvidia shield will be huge also Nvidia shield has very good hardware Deinterlacing as well, is it possible to add that in? I know Plex and Kodi had to change their code in order to enable Both audio Passthrough and hardware Deinterlacing for the shield.

Once full audio pass through is enabled we can then talk about converting dts/dtshd to AC3 (client side)for those receivers that don't support dts decoding.

Last edited by Gustovier; 02-17-2016 at 08:42 AM.
Old 02-17-2016, 09:04 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I did test a few mkv's that were H264 with ExoPlayer and they don't play, it skips right to the end. Tried backing up and I get nothing except a black screen.
That is odd. I do know that some MKV/MP4 files will skip to the end, and then start again from the beginning (because the metadata is at the end of the file). So I've seen this happen, but it resets to the beginning by itself. I actually haven't found a MKV that doesn't play, yet. If you want to share a file, I'd be happy to test.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyDing View Post
Hi Sean...On my Shield TV with RC1, the video for both MPEG-TS and MPEG-PS play slow motion in IJK, while the audio plays fine. MPEG-PS still freezes in Exo. PS files are from HDHR/Sage V9 and TS are from HDHR/OpenDCT. Wired ethernet. Apologies if this is old news. Thanks again for all you do!!!
I see TS files will sometimes start in slow motion, but usually only lasts a 1 second and then the stream is fine. Maybe you can share a .ts file and I can test.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustovier View Post
Oh wow mpeg2 hw decoding support in ijkplayer! I remember last you mentioned that the developer hadn't enabled it yet, so you guys must have worked something out...

Having audio Passthrough on Nvidia shield will be huge also Nvidia shield has very good hardware Deinterlacing as well, is it possible to add that in? I know Plex and Kodi had to change their code in order to enable Both audio Passthrough and hardware Deinterlacing for the shield.

Once full audio pass through is enabled we can then talk about converting dts/dtshd to AC3 (client side)for those receivers that don't support dts decoding.
So, the audio passthrough doesn't look like it's going to be easy. But, in the past, the dev for ijkplayer has usually responded with "this is going to take some effort and I don't have time"... but then then he finds time So maybe he'll find time for this as well. As for mpeg2, after the dev added hardware support for h264 and hevc, I looked at what he did and submitted a patch for mpeg2. Unfortunately, i don't think I have the experise to do the audio passthrough. I have no idea how to enable hardware deinterlacing (wouldn't the hardware decoder do this??)
Old 02-17-2016, 10:29 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
I see TS files will sometimes start in slow motion, but usually only lasts a 1 second and then the stream is fine. Maybe you can share a .ts file and I can test.
Just wondering if it's something in my encoder settings? vlc shows a lot of streams within each file (video/audio/cc+others). Maybe the extra streams in the encoding(s) are causing the player(s) grief? Presently I only use SageTV extenders, which playback perfectly, so that's what I compare playback to. Here's a couple quick grabs from this morning:
[https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...e-9738832-0.ts
(101mb)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...-9744778-0.mpg
(63mb)
As always, thanks so much.

Bobby
Old 02-17-2016, 05:16 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Just wondering if it's something in my encoder settings? vlc shows a lot of streams within each file (video/audio/cc+others). Maybe the extra streams in the encoding(s) are causing the player(s) grief? Presently I only use SageTV extenders, which playback perfectly, so that's what I compare playback to. Here's a couple quick grabs from this morning:
[https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...e-9738832-0.ts
(101mb)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...-9744778-0.mpg
(63mb)
As always, thanks so much.

Bobby
That's interesting... I downloaded both videos, imported them, and I play them both on phone and Shield TV (phone uses software mpeg decoder, but no slo mo on either device)
Old 02-17-2016, 07:22 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
That's interesting... I downloaded both videos, imported them, and I play them both on phone and Shield TV (phone uses software mpeg decoder, but no slo mo on either device)
That is interesting. I'm pretty sure the network is OK since it plays HDHR View live TV straight from the tuners (full mpeg2) without issues. It may be time for a factory reset. Thank you Sean.

P.S. I'm currious..... Is Exo the stock ATV player? And is it in the road map to add a tick in the preferences for using an external player?
Old 02-17-2016, 08:20 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:

So, the audio passthrough doesn't look like it's going to be easy. But, in the past, the dev for ijkplayer has usually responded with "this is going to take some effort and I don't have time"... but then then he finds time So maybe he'll find time for this as well. As for mpeg2, after the dev added hardware support for h264 and hevc, I looked at what he did and submitted a patch for mpeg2. Unfortunately, i don't think I have the experise to do the audio passthrough. I have no idea how to enable hardware deinterlacing (wouldn't the hardware decoder do this??)
I wonder if I can ask the Kodi guys or plex folks how they did it for audio. In the meantime would it be possibly easier to have ijkplayer decode ac3/dts to 5.1 channel PCM and output that. If IJK iS based on ffmpeg I'm thinking this should be possible. Every receiver will then be able to handle the pcm output.
Old 02-17-2016, 08:32 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
That is interesting. I'm pretty sure the network is OK since it plays HDHR View live TV straight from the tuners (full mpeg2) without issues. It may be time for a factory reset. Thank you Sean.

P.S. I'm currious..... Is Exo the stock ATV player? And is it in the road map to add a tick in the preferences for using an external player?
Exo is Google's player... it's not really stock, but it's a player framework that they have built. It's generally a good player, for a single purpse stream, like youtube, where all the files are encoded the same way. It's more of a challenge here because of the diversity of the video formats. ExoPlayer works quite well for me because all my media is H264 media. I haven't tried your files with ExoPlayer, but on my setup, both ExoPlayer and IJPlayer handle mkvs, mp4s, ts and ps files fairly well. Just IJKPlayer seems a little more reliable.

If by external player, you mean, hand off the playback to another player like xmbc, etc, I doubt that will happen. Those players will require a URL and none of the media that I'm playing is URL based. I've had to add custom datasource to both IJK and Exo for sagetv.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustovier View Post
I wonder if I can ask the Kodi guys or plex folks how they did it for audio. In the meantime would it be possibly easier to have ijkplayer decode ac3/dts to 5.1 channel PCM and output that. If IJK iS based on ffmpeg I'm thinking this should be possible. Every receiver will then be able to handle the pcm output.
Much of that is well beyond my capabilities... I can "tweak" stuff at the player level, but, to be honest, much of it well beyond my expertise
Old 02-18-2016, 07:01 PM
SageTVaholic

This question is probably a bit simplistic, but maybe it ought to be - what exactly is the reason that Android is so incapable of successfully playing the array of video file types (and accompanying surround sound audio) in the year 2016?