SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 10-19-2015, 02:42 PM
Sage Fanatic

0 space available for recording, shares gone? (solved)

Hey Guys!

I had to reboot my server computer and when it restarted I noticed in the bar at the bottom it indicated 0 (ZERO) space available for recording. I rebooted again and same thing. I also had messages indicating my recording drives weren't available. I rebooted a third time and same issue. I started looking and noticed that my recording drives are there (5 of them) but in all cases when I right click on the drive (in Windows Explorer) and go to properties, the "Sharing" tab is GONE???

I'm fairly certain this isn't an actual SageTV issue causing my main computer to freak out but have any of you seen this before? I'm the only one who uses the computer and it is set to auto login at startup. The login all works fine it is just that it seems like somehow all the permissions changed on everything... or something along those lines which removed the ability for me to even look at the shares. So, what happened in SageTV is that because I have it setup to record to a shared drive (no drive letters in path) and the share is evidently GONE, it doesn't think the drives are there.

This is probably posted in the wrong spot and if there is a better spot to move it to please do... I just thought somebody may have seen something like this before where your Sage recording space goes to zero and can point me in the right direction on how to fix it so I can share the drives/folders again. Thanks!!!

Edit: Also, last night I went to install updates Windows Updates thinking maybe that would "fix" something but 4 hours later it was still on the "preparing updates" type screen with the moving bar. Something might be really messed up with my machine. LOL

Last edited by Brent94Z; 10-20-2015 at 05:22 AM.
Old 10-20-2015, 05:24 AM
Sage Fanatic

Well, not sure what happened but recalled last time something went unexplainably screwy with the computer I unplugged all the external USB hard drives.

After about 18 hours of "preparing updates" and nothing happening, I unplugged all the external hard drives and hit the reset button. Came back up and this time it showed the internal recording drives! I plugged back in all the external USB drives and all seems well. ODD but working again so I'm happy