SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Github Development
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Github Development Discussion related to SageTV Open Source Development. Use this forum for development topics about the Open Source versions of SageTV, hosted on Github.

Old 09-19-2015, 06:26 AM
Sage Advanced User

Windows key in a linux server?

I know I saw something about this, but I'm having trouble searching the forum for a 3 character term. I'm coming from Windows with a key, and would like to use the linux version going forward. How do I install the key? Can I?

Thanks!

Win7 VM -4gb ram
Ubuntu 14.04 VM -4gb ram (attempting with OS v9)
3 extenders through the house
Plex integration
HDHR
Old 09-19-2015, 08:00 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm9843 View Post
To clarify: existing users with a valid license key (version doesn't matter) who want to upgrade to STV v9 and continue talking to the EPG server should do one of the following:
  1. Linux built from source: put your SageTV license key in a file called 'activkey' in the same folder as your SageTV install
  2. Windows built from source: put your SageTV license key in a global environment variable called 'SAGETVUSERKEY'
  3. Windows using updated jar method: no action required

Is that right? Something for a future STVOS FAQ sticky.
Should probably answer the question, and the reccomended/best method to use is actually using Google to search the forum.

Code:
site:http://forums.sagetv.com/ <search criteria here>
As an example, the search I used to find that post quickly(with a date constraint of after August 1st, 2015):
Code:
site:http://forums.sagetv.com/ linux key sagetv 9

Last edited by Monedeath; 09-19-2015 at 08:03 AM.