SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 10-05-2014, 11:48 PM
SageTVaholic

Specific cover art "disappearing"

I don't want to spam the forums with the same message all over the place, but the first place I tried (Gemstone forum) hasn't gotten me anywhere. So, I'll try here next:

Admittedly, this could be an issue with Gemstone, Phoenix or BMT.

I've had this issue for a while now where the exact same movies will have their cover art spontaneously stop showing in the flows. I go into the fanart manager and select the cover I want and it will show up again, but then, somewhere down the line, that same movie's cover art will cease to appear. I've tried clearing and rebuilding both the memory and file system caches, restarting everything, and moving the server fanart location to another drive.

The one thing all these movies have in common is that I chose a default cover art image other than the default which showed up from the automatic scan BMT did. One additional oddity I noticed is that when I choose an alternative default cover in the BMT web UI, it doesn't always "take".

I realize the chances of getting this fixed are quite slim if the issue lies in someone's customization, but it's at least worth inquiring about.
Tuners: 2 x HD-PVR (HTTP tuning), 2 x HDHR, USB-UIRT
Software: SageTV 7
Old 10-21-2014, 12:21 PM
Sage Aficionado

F.W.I.W.

I use the default UI and have similar issues. Sometimes the cover art for some movies just won't take and other times it takes only to disappear later.

I'm trying to use Sage MyMovies plugin which mostly works as far as cover art but I can't launch the movie from SMM views. (I am using Fuzzy's external program launcher to view BD movies in TMT6.)

The only constant in the Universe is change.
Old 07-11-2015, 09:21 AM
SageTVaholic

Some additional data, on the off chance this issue gets picked up by someone. I thought I'd try deleting all my fanart and the local cache and see what happens when I force BMT to get all new fanart for everything. It turns out that even after doing this, BMT downloads the fanart, but will not set a default for the exact same shows which keep having their fanart stop displaying.
Old 01-28-2016, 04:18 PM
Sage Advanced User

What are the shows? Perhaps there's some quirk in the naming of the show that's causing the issue.
Old 01-28-2016, 05:44 PM
SageTVaholic

Just restating that this is only for movies, so no one thinks this is happening to recorded TV shows (at least on my system).

However, the list of movies is so long, there's no way it can be related to the naming. To further highlight that, even some movies that Sage itself recorded fail to display fanart. Plus, I can manually change the default fanart for a movie which currently displays fanart and then, somewhere down the line, that movie will suddenly no longer display fanart. That's actually how so many of my movies wound up with this issue. To ensure full disclosure, I've never tried to manually set fanart for a movie Sage recorded, yet some still fail to display.

If any of the devs would find it useful and are interested, I'd be happy to keep logging enabled indefinitely for whatever parts need it. I have the storage to keep these log files as long as necessary until the issue pops up. Just let me know what you want enabled and to what degree (e.g. debug, trace, etc). I'd even be willing to allow remote access into my server if that would help.
Old 01-28-2016, 06:00 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skirge01 View Post
Just restating that this is only for movies, so no one thinks this is happening to recorded TV shows (at least on my system).

However, the list of movies is so long, there's no way it can be related to the naming. To further highlight that, even some movies that Sage itself recorded fail to display fanart. Plus, I can manually change the default fanart for a movie which currently displays fanart and then, somewhere down the line, that movie will suddenly no longer display fanart. That's actually how so many of my movies wound up with this issue. To ensure full disclosure, I've never tried to manually set fanart for a movie Sage recorded, yet some still fail to display.

If any of the devs would find it useful and are interested, I'd be happy to keep logging enabled indefinitely for whatever parts need it. I have the storage to keep these log files as long as necessary until the issue pops up. Just let me know what you want enabled and to what degree (e.g. debug, trace, etc). I'd even be willing to allow remote access into my server if that would help.
At some point, the logging will be useful, but, at the moment, myself and jusjoken are both pretty busy with other stuff, so it's likely we won't be able to look at the logs.

A new phoenix will be coming out (V9 only though) in a couple months, and we'll definately look at the various fanart issues at that time.

My suggestion would be open an issue on the phoenix-core github site and that way don't forget about it.
Old 01-29-2016, 12:17 PM
SageTVaholic

As you wish, stuckless.

https://github.com/stuckless/sagetv-...-core/issues/3
Old 02-08-2016, 08:53 PM
SageTVaholic

I recently started working to get v9 working and took note of some additional details. I installed the v9 server onto a brand new VM, copying only the wiz.bin file over from the old server. I needed to install all plugins from scratch and noticed that the same fanart was again missing when starting up the client on the new server VM. The only thing which remained constant was the location and contents of the fanart folder and the media files themselves. Honestly, I have no idea what that means or if it has any bearing on the issue, but I did want to bring it up.
Old 02-08-2016, 09:15 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skirge01 View Post
I recently started working to get v9 working and took note of some additional details. I installed the v9 server onto a brand new VM, copying only the wiz.bin file over from the old server. I needed to install all plugins from scratch and noticed that the same fanart was again missing when starting up the client on the new server VM. The only thing which remained constant was the location and contents of the fanart folder and the media files themselves. Honestly, I have no idea what that means or if it has any bearing on the issue, but I did want to bring it up.
The items missing fanart....does fanart show at all for those in bmt?

Have you checked the fanart folder to see if fanart is there?

Have you checked the cache folder to see if there are any 0byte or under 1k files that shouldnt be there...ie..they are not fanart?

just some things to narrow this down.

k
Old 02-09-2016, 11:44 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusjoken View Post
The items missing fanart....does fanart show at all for those in bmt?

Have you checked the fanart folder to see if fanart is there?

Have you checked the cache folder to see if there are any 0byte or under 1k files that shouldnt be there...ie..they are not fanart?

just some things to narrow this down.

k
There is fanart and I've even changed the default to something else, but it mysteriously stops displaying it somewhere down the line. There are no <=1k files either. I saw the post regarding that and thought I had finally found the problem, but alas there were none.