SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 06-29-2004, 08:24 PM
Sage User

How can you tell when your 250 is dead

How can you tell when your 250 is dead? my recorderings are all black from one of my 250's. nothing seems to fix it.
Old 06-29-2004, 08:35 PM
Sage Icon

Have you tried going thru setup again for it? I have a 250 that seems to get confused about where it should input from (composite or tuner). When I attempted to reconfigure, I got a black screen because I specified S-video instead of composite.

Have you tried other inputs? When my 350 tuner went bad, I was still able to use the S-video input.

All black screen does not seem likely to me for a dead device but it probably would depend on what died.
Server : Intel Core i7 2.8 GHz Processor: Gigabyte X58A-UD3R Motherboard: 6 GB Memory : 1 120 GB Intel SSD :3 2 TB WD hard drives:1 Hauppauge PVR 2250: 3 HDHomeRuns:1 HD300 extender;1 HD200 extender;1 HD100 extender 2 MVP Media Extenders: Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium all updates applied, SageTV V7.1.7.254.
Old 06-29-2004, 08:57 PM
Sage Icon

Re: How can you tell when your 250 is dead

Quote:
Originally posted by EncoderHouse
How can you tell when your 250 is dead? my recorderings are all black from one of my 250's. nothing seems to fix it.
When I had a PVR-250 die, I couldn't record from it. Every time I tried to use it for recording, it would generate a large number of empty files and the log showed a large number of errors initializing and reading from the card (this was back in the 2.0 Beta days). In the weeks loading up to the failure, I had a large number of artifacts on programs recorded with that card.

In my case, it appears as if the card has a thermal problem. It workes fine in another machine, by itself, and works for a couple of weeks when I put it back in my main server.
Old 06-29-2004, 09:54 PM
Sage User

That sounds like my problem. But the funny thing is now the device does not show up in the device manager. (like it was unistalled of disabled. I think the next step is to reinstall the board in another machine.
Old 07-01-2004, 09:14 PM
Sage User

Try whittling down the things that might be wrong, especially by ruling out the SageTV software. If you have another system available to you slap it in there and try the regular WinTV app to see if you get video with that. If the problem follows the card then it's more than likely dead.
Old 07-02-2004, 10:13 PM
Sage User

Well i fixed it, but not sure how. i shuffled the cards around in the PCI slots from clients to servers and had to reinstall sage. now it works fine.
Old 07-15-2004, 04:13 PM
Sage User

My SageTV with Hauppauge pcr250 was working fine last night. This am, all I got was black screens with any program I chose in LiveTV. I reinstalled the intervideo decoder, which did not help. What changed since last night I could not figure. I decided to reinstall the radeon ati drivers for my 9800pro; well, it worked. I am guessing that it has something to do with overlay and maybe that feature of the graphic drivers got corrupted. If I am an idiot, please let me know, but that is all I can come up with.

thanks