SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 03-29-2014, 11:14 AM
SageTVaholic

Changing metadata for incorrectly labelled shows

Sometimes the shows that I record, especially children's shows, have no episode info. Then I can get a bunch or recordings that have a show title, but no episode info. If I manually add the episode title to one Airing it changes the info for ALL unlabelled Airings - I guess somehow they were all linked as being the same show.

How do I fix this so that the files becomes Airings of different shows rather than all being airings of the same show? Can I do this within BMT?

Or do I have to move the files outside of Sage's video library or TV folders, add them in one at a time and change the info?

Or will that even work since the metadata is stored in the files themselves, unless I change them such as converting a .ts file to an MP4 file.?
Old 03-31-2014, 12:53 PM
Sage Icon

Take a look at the recording info. Most likely it is SHxxxxx instead of EPxxxxx

If it is SHxxxxx then what you change for 1, I believe it is changed for all of the same number.

What you CAN do is use the SageTV Web Interface, Search on the Recordings, then Edit Show Info (just after the Size & Internal Details line)

Edit the Show Information and put a check in the EPGID box
[Auto-Generate New EPxxx EPGID (makes it a TV file and prevents overwrites when EPG updates)]

Now of course, the EPxxxx number is different than you would find in the Guide/EPG data, so if you archived or marked watch and you have it as a Favorite, it could/would record that episode again. But it probably would anyways if it was marked as SHxxxx

You may also want to change the Airing Info and mark the Channel as None. Otherwise I have seen in the past sometimes then the changes propogate also to other Guide listing (if it had the same EPGID for that Airing) not sure totally how that all works

YMMV
Old 04-02-2014, 08:12 AM
SageTVaholic

Ok, thanks. You are right the ID is SHxxxxxx

Any idea what the Sage API equivalent of "putting a check in the EPGID box to generate a new ID" is? Ideally it would be nice to be able to do this from a SJQ groovy script to easily be able to unlink a bunch of shows.

To be honest I am not too worried about Favorites and recording the episode again since it most instances these are shows with no episode data to begin with so the database of what has been recorded already is off. I can then deal with duplicates myself later on.
Old 04-02-2014, 08:57 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
Any idea what the Sage API equivalent of "putting a check in the EPGID box to generate a new ID" is? Ideally it would be nice to be able to do this from a SJQ groovy script to easily be able to unlink a bunch of shows.
No clue. Might be best to post that in the SJQ thread and Slugger or someone else more familiar might have a ready answer for you.

Or maybe Stuckless might know and post it here
Old 04-02-2014, 10:48 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Ok, thanks. You are right the ID is SHxxxxxx

To be honest I am not too worried about Favorites and recording the episode again since it most instances these are shows with no episode data to begin with so the database of what has been recorded already is off. I can then deal with duplicates myself later on.
I would imagine the API used is the AddShow API. But you have a lot of parameters to fill in addition to the ExternalID (EPxxxxxx number) when calling it. Specifically this.

Last edited by BobPhoenix; 04-02-2014 at 10:53 AM.
Old 04-02-2014, 11:16 AM
SageTVaholic

I should be able to get the parameters from the existing show - the main issue is that it has missing, or incorrect, episode specific info like Episode Name, Description, Episode Number and Season Number.

I will have to add that manually after I create the new ShowID.

Then the next issue becomes is the new Show ID linked to the old AiringID or do I also have to create a new Airing ID or change the ShowExternalID field in the Airing entry.
Old 04-02-2014, 02:31 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I should be able to get the parameters from the existing show - the main issue is that it has missing, or incorrect, episode specific info like Episode Name, Description, Episode Number and Season Number.

I will have to add that manually after I create the new ShowID.

Then the next issue becomes is the new Show ID linked to the old AiringID or do I also have to create a new Airing ID or change the ShowExternalID field in the Airing entry.
Once you create a new Show with that API you need to link it to an airing and your media file. So you would need "AddAiring" from the AiringAPI to connect an airing to your new show. Then call "SetMediaFileAiring" from the MediaFileAPI to associate the media file to the new airing created with the AddAiring call.

NOTE this might be accomplished by using the metadata fields that were added to SageTV with 7.0. What I described was how you would do it with v6.6 of SageTV which was the last version of SageTV that I developed anything for.