SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 03-04-2014, 10:11 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
I eventually created a BinTray account, and I host some of my stuff there.
I guess I'll need to do that with SageTCPServer and the Media Streaming plugin, since dropbox isn't cutting it anymore... Can we just resubmit to the SageTV plugin the same file with updated url or we need a different version? It's been so long, I don't remember how to generate those zip files and such...

BTW, with all those hosting sites having issues, are we sure it's not SageTV that's to blame instead?
TbSageTV (1.02)/STVRemote (1.11): Monitor/control SageTV with a PlayBook 2
TiSageTV (1.64)/TiSTVRemote (1.09): Monitor/control SageTV with an iPhone/iPod/iPad
Old 03-05-2014, 09:28 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonceur View Post
I guess I'll need to do that with SageTCPServer and the Media Streaming plugin, since dropbox isn't cutting it anymore... Can we just resubmit to the SageTV plugin the same file with updated url or we need a different version? It's been so long, I don't remember how to generate those zip files and such...

BTW, with all those hosting sites having issues, are we sure it's not SageTV that's to blame instead?
Well for the dropbox box issue, I wrote a simply Java test stub, about 5 lines of code, and I submitted to them, which clearly shows the issue.

For the GitHub and the SF issues... it may be a sagetv issue on how it's calculating the md5sums... or, maybe during download the .zip that you update isn't the same file that is being downloaded (ie, somehow modified by github/sf). I haven't spent much time investigating this part. But, even if it is a Sage issue... it's not going to get fixed
Old 03-05-2014, 05:10 PM
SageTVaholic

SF is intermittent, I imagine. I installed a bunch of my plugins on a test system last night and though slow, they all worked, including the ones from SF. So I'm guessing there's some kind of ongoing issue with SourceForge right now and I'd expect it to be fixed in relatively short order -- they're usually pretty good about that.
STB Controller: 1 x USB-UIRT
Software:Java 1.7.0_71; SageTV 7.1.9
Clients: 1 x HD300, 2 x HD200, 1 x SageClient, 1 x PlaceShifter
Plugins: Too many to list now...
Old 03-06-2014, 08:17 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Can we just resubmit to the SageTV plugin the same file with updated url or we need a different version? It's been so long, I don't remember how to generate those zip files and such...
You need to bump the version number.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 03-08-2014, 11:18 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
You need to bump the version number.
Yeah, I was afraid of that, as that means digging up the project somewhere on an old machine...

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
Well for the dropbox box issue, I wrote a simply Java test stub, about 5 lines of code, and I submitted to them, which clearly shows the issue.
Ever got a reply, acknowledgement, bug report ID or something we could mention in follow up emails to put more pressure?
TiSageTV (1.64)/TiSTVRemote (1.09): Monitor/control SageTV with an iPhone/iPod/iPad
Old 03-08-2014, 03:41 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Yeah, I was afraid of that, as that means digging up the project somewhere on an old machine...
You can pull the manifest from the SageTVPlugins.xml file in the Sage install directory (assuming you still have Sage installed.) All you need to do is update the URL, bump the version number and resubmit the plugin.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 03-08-2014, 04:57 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
All you need to do is update the URL, bump the version number and resubmit the plugin.
OK thanks, that seems to have worked for the first plugin, so moving on to the second...