SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 07-13-2013, 07:32 PM
Sage Icon

Any devs working on anything new for stock STV?

Obviously there are the STVs above with subforums, and it seems like the more active devs still here are either knee-deep in one of those or else working on tweaking/fixing/improving a few existing items here in the "stock" forum. Is anyone working on anything completely new to improve the stock STV?

Due to WAF being just fine with the way I have mine... stock + ADM = customized menu but not a lot of "bling"... it's been a while since there has been anything new for me. I have a suspicion there may never be anything more unless I jump into one of the custom STVs above.

More than anything, I would love if someone fixed up the music a bit. I know that's a long shot since not many people seem to use Sage for their music (real audiophiles have other home systems for music), and since there is a nice interface in one of the custom STVs (sorry, can't remember which)... but right before the Google buyout, there was an active thread here where people were discussing some cool ideas. Heck, I'd be fine if that custom STV music interface above could be ported to stock STV, but I'm guessing it can't.

Beyond that, I don't have a ton of ideas or suggestions. One that I've thrown out for years is the idea of having an RSS news ticker scroll at the bottom of the main menu (or all menus). I have no knowledge of programming (or I would do it myself) but I've gotten the impression from comments in the past that it's definitely possible and wouldn't be TOO hard to accomplish. Nielm had an RSS headline plugin in v6, this coulc use the same basic skeleton and just scroll it instead of adding a page where the headlines were listed. However, since I've suggested it three or four times in the last few years and no one has ever even batted an eye, I've kinda given up on that idea...

Anyone?

/sorry, Saturday night rambling....
Tuners: 4 tuners via (2) HDHomeruns (100% OTA, DIY antennas in the attic).
Clients: Several HD300s, HD200s, even an old HD100, all on wired LAN. Latest firmware for each.