SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

View Poll Results: Would you like this plugin working on Linux?
Yes, please 7 63.64%
No, thanks 4 36.36%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-26-2013, 10:33 AM
Sage Aficionado

Eddy,

Windows (win 7 64) is set to allow OSCAM through the firewall i.e. ticked to allow home and public access.

I get the impression that SageTV (or the filter) is not getting through to OSCAM, is it possible something is wrong with the addressing, previously I have used 198.168.0.2 as the IP rather than 127.0.0.1.

I tried it with the firewall turned off and still no joy.

David
Old 08-26-2013, 11:16 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacon2002 View Post
Eddy,

Windows (win 7 64) is set to allow OSCAM through the firewall i.e. ticked to allow home and public access.

I get the impression that SageTV (or the filter) is not getting through to OSCAM, is it possible something is wrong with the addressing, previously I have used 198.168.0.2 as the IP rather than 127.0.0.1.

I tried it with the firewall turned off and still no joy.

David
No, is more a port issue rather than an IP issue. Providing that the filter is running where the tuners are and OSCAM server is running on the same machine there should be no issue.

Please let me have the logs
Eddy

Automatic Power Off | Squeezeslave | DVB-S Importer | DVB Decrypter & Card Client | Tuner Preroll

Every man is a damn fool for at least five minutes every day; wisdom consists in not exceeding the limit. ~ Elbert Hubbard
Old 08-26-2013, 11:52 AM
Sage Aficionado

Eddy,

I'm not sure which logs you need, here are the DVBDCC logs, let me know if you need anything else.

There are another couple of DVBDCC-Tuner files let me know if you need them as well but the forum only let you post 5 five at time.

Thanks,

David
Attached Files
File Type: txt DVBDCC.txt (2.6 KB, 169 views)
File Type: txt DVBDCC-Tuner-00.txt (60.4 KB, 145 views)
File Type: txt DVBDCC-Tuner-01.txt (60.4 KB, 164 views)
File Type: txt DVBDCC-Tuner-02.txt (58.1 KB, 167 views)
File Type: txt DVBDCC-Tuner-03.txt (63.8 KB, 167 views)
Old 08-26-2013, 12:03 PM
Sage Aficionado

Here are the other two:-
Attached Files
File Type: txt DVBDCC-Tuner-04.txt (57.1 KB, 153 views)
File Type: txt DVBDCC-Tuner-05.txt (64.0 KB, 153 views)
Old 08-26-2013, 12:08 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacon2002 View Post
Eddy,

I'm not sure which logs you need, here are the DVBDCC logs, let me know if you need anything else.

There are another couple of DVBDCC-Tuner files let me know if you need them as well but the forum only let you post 5 five at time.

Thanks,

David
David,

please read comment #160 of this thread, I need you to perform the two action explained and to send me the results in two zip files at the email address provided.

Cheers
Eddy

Automatic Power Off | Squeezeslave | DVB-S Importer | DVB Decrypter & Card Client | Tuner Preroll

Every man is a damn fool for at least five minutes every day; wisdom consists in not exceeding the limit. ~ Elbert Hubbard

Last edited by routerunner; 08-26-2013 at 12:25 PM.
Old 08-26-2013, 01:47 PM
Sage Aficionado

Eddy,

E-mail sent, hope it helps,

David
Old 08-29-2013, 04:38 PM
Sage Icon

New BSkyB - Infinity USB Unlimited

Kudos to Bacon2002 I've made a new "oscam.server" file which should work for BSkyB (UK) users whom have the Infinity USB Unlimited card reader.

You can find the clearly named zip file in the first post of the plugin's announcement thread.

Eddy

Last edited by routerunner; 08-29-2013 at 04:44 PM.
Old 08-30-2013, 05:09 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by routerunner View Post
Kudos to Bacon2002 I've made a new "oscam.server" file which should work for BSkyB (UK) users whom have the Infinity USB Unlimited card reader.

You can find the clearly named zip file in the first post of the plugin's announcement thread.

Eddy
Tried the oscam.server file and still no luck. I have the infinity USB smart i wonder if that makes any difference. The only thing i changed in the file was com2 to ttyS2 as it wasnt finding my reader otherwise. I think i might have to go down the cardsharing route, most frustrating when i have 2 paid for sky cards.
Old 08-30-2013, 05:17 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesdisco View Post
Tried the oscam.server file and still no luck. I have the infinity USB smart i wonder if that makes any difference. The only thing i changed in the file was com2 to ttyS2 as it wasnt finding my reader otherwise. I think i might have to go down the cardsharing route, most frustrating when i have 2 paid for sky cards.
Is your signature up to date? I noticed you have an hybrid tuner card, just letting you know that this plugin doesn't support hybrid cards because the way sage loads pre-plugin filters.

What exactly is the message OSCAM is reporting? Can you please share the log? Do you know what Sky is doing to their smartcards? If you kept your smartcards into your sky boxes and they are relatively new, chances are that the cards have been upgraded so that OSCAM cannot write the EMM anymore, so your only solution is to go down the card sharing route (which I agree sucks), or find an old sky box to revert the changes (there are working procedures on the net) and never insert the smartcard into a sky box ever again and therefore switch to use this plugin.

Eddy

Last edited by routerunner; 08-30-2013 at 05:25 AM.
Old 08-30-2013, 10:24 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Is your signature up to date? I noticed you have an hybrid tuner card, just letting you know that this plugin doesn't support hybrid cards because the way sage loads pre-plugin filters.

What exactly is the message OSCAM is reporting? Can you please share the log? Do you know what Sky is doing to their smartcards? If you kept your smartcards into your sky boxes and they are relatively new, chances are that the cards have been upgraded so that OSCAM cannot write the EMM anymore, so your only solution is to go down the card sharing route (which I agree sucks), or find an old sky box to revert the changes (there are working procedures on the net) and never insert the smartcard into a sky box ever again and therefore switch to use this plugin.

Eddy
Not really upto date, i only have the TBS cards in at the moment so its definately not the hybrid problem.
The cards are both new and kept in new sky boxes so i think i'm out of luck. I think i'll try the cardshare route, do you know if you can make cardsharing work with just oscam or do you need any other programs. I know you have been working with Dean to get it working.

I'll put the card in again and share the error messages but i think your right about the cards not working, i might have a look at which boxes can convert the cards back. i have an thomson box hopefully that might do it.
Old 08-30-2013, 01:28 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I think i'll try the cardshare route, do you know if you can make cardsharing work with just oscam or do you need any other programs. I know you have been working with Dean to get it working.
Correct, I'm working with Deanm about card sharing which is definitively possible. He's done a oscam.server that works with his provider, however his big problem is the tuners he has which are only hybrid , and I'm not officially support hybrid, however today I had an idea on how to do it and he's is currently having a test version which does support hybrid (experimental) which successfully connects with the filter, so will see.

With Bacon2002, I'm having more luck because he has an out of the sky box working solution already so his smartcard is "safe" (OSCAM + DVBLogic), so his solution at the moment is more promising and I'm currently working closely with him as well.

Unfortunately it takes time and the fact that I don't have any Sky smartcard myself to try is very frustrating indeed.

Eddy

Old 08-30-2013, 03:45 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Correct, I'm working with Deanm about card sharing which is definitively possible. He's done a oscam.server that works with his provider, however his big problem is the tuners he has which are only hybrid , and I'm not officially support hybrid, however today I had an idea on how to do it and he's is currently having a test version which does support hybrid (experimental) which successfully connects with the filter, so will see.

Unfortunately it takes time and the fact that I don't have any Sky smartcard myself to try is very frustrating indeed.

Eddy
I'll get hold of Dean and get the settings, i think i might buy a months subscription from his cardsharer so i can atleast get testing.
Does oscam with cardsharing work with all your tuners and not just one.
After thinking sage might have come to the end of its life at my house if i can get sky working it will be great. I really appreciate your work on this project when im up and and running i'll be wanting to make a donation to you.
Old 08-30-2013, 04:12 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I'll get hold of Dean and get the settings, i think i might buy a months subscription from his cardsharer so i can atleast get testing.

Does oscam with cardsharing work with all your tuners and not just one.

After thinking sage might have come to the end of its life at my house if i can get sky working it will be great. I really appreciate your work on this project when im up and and running i'll be wanting to make a donation to you.
James, you might want to wait the scrambler properly working before committing in any contract. I'm having very promising results from Bacon2002, but I have to make some modification to the filter as it looks like I'm not scrambling the whole sample correctly. Basically I'm experiencing the very same behaviour I had few weeks ago whereby some Italian channels were working others weren't, but I fixed that and it looks like I have to do the same for UK. To give you an example, after tuning to an encrypted channel on Sky, the EPG actually shows the thumbnail of the recording, that means that the scrambling algorithm works, however because of some missing packets, sage doesn't display the stream. I'll get there, just be patience.
Regarding the tuners, please avoid any hybrid and very old tuners. The Hauppauges, the TBS, the Technotrend, the Anysee are working properly. The main problem with some very old tuners is the fact that they present misaligned or drifting packets in the samples, all modern tuners I tried instead they not drift and working properly.
Thanks for your generous offer, really appreciated :-)

Eddy

Last edited by routerunner; 08-30-2013 at 04:14 PM.
Old 09-02-2013, 08:06 AM
Sage Icon

Not working in service mode as yet....

I've just discovered that the plugin doesn't run properly in service mode.

This is not an issue of the DirectShow filter or the smartcard client which perfectly works in either modes, but a failure in the initialization procedure within the SageTV plugin which prevents the connection between the tuner and the filter to complete properly. I didn't test the plugin in service mode as it shouldn't be any difference, unfortunately there is and is very annoying.

I've contacted support already about it and hopefully I'll have some help soon . In the meantime if you want to test this solution, please bear in mind to run SageTV in UI mode only.

Cheers
Eddy

Last edited by routerunner; 09-02-2013 at 08:55 AM.
Old 09-02-2013, 09:41 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
please bear in mind to run SageTV in UI mode only.
If you are running UI, you can copy this into a text file with a VBS extension and run at startup. This will give you the recovery you would have with the service (e.g. restarts the UI after a minute if it crashes).
Code:
do
dim taskname

taskname="nothing"
strComputer = "."
Set objWMIService = GetObject("winmgmts:" _
& "{impersonationLevel=impersonate}!\\" & strComputer & "\root\cimv2")
Set colProcessList = objWMIService.ExecQuery _
("Select * from Win32_Process Where Name = 'SageTV.exe'")
For Each objProcess in colProcessList
'objProcess.Terminate()
taskname=objprocess.name

Next
if taskname="SageTV.exe" then
'Do Nothing Continue Checking
else
'Restart Sage Continue Checking
Set objShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
objShell.Run "C:\ProgramData\restartsage.bat",0,True
end if

WScript.sleep(60 * 1000)
loop
To kill the autorestart run:
Code:
tskill wscript /a
unRAID Server: Intel Core i5 7600K, 48GB DDR4, 2x512GB PCIe M.2 Cache Pool, 2x10TB SATA3 Parity Drive, 3x8TB SATA Array, 1x hdHomeRun DVB-T2 Quattro, IPTV via xTeVe, unRAID 6.8.3, tvHeadEnd for recording back end, Emby
Clients: 3 Nvidia Shields, 3 FireTV, 3 Win10 Pro PC Clients
Old 09-03-2013, 08:15 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickgillyon View Post
If you are running UI, you can copy this into a text file with a VBS extension and run at startup. This will give you the recovery you would have with the service (e.g. restarts the UI after a minute if it crashes).
Code:
do
dim taskname

taskname="nothing"
strComputer = "."
Set objWMIService = GetObject("winmgmts:" _
& "{impersonationLevel=impersonate}!\\" & strComputer & "\root\cimv2")
Set colProcessList = objWMIService.ExecQuery _
("Select * from Win32_Process Where Name = 'SageTV.exe'")
For Each objProcess in colProcessList
'objProcess.Terminate()
taskname=objprocess.name

Next
if taskname="SageTV.exe" then
'Do Nothing Continue Checking
else
'Restart Sage Continue Checking
Set objShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
objShell.Run "C:\ProgramData\restartsage.bat",0,True
end if

WScript.sleep(60 * 1000)
loop
To kill the autorestart run:
Code:
tskill wscript /a
Did you try the plugin with Sky UK channels? Does it work for you?

Eddy

Old 09-03-2013, 08:23 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Did you try the plugin with Sky UK channels? Does it work for you?
No, I'm on Virgin Media, not even sure what tuner would work... Leery of spending the money!
unRAID Server: Intel Core i5 7600K, 48GB DDR4, 2x512GB PCIe M.2 Cache Pool, 2x10TB SATA3 Parity Drive, 3x8TB SATA Array, 1x hdHomeRun DVB-T2 Quattro, IPTV via xTeVe, unRAID 6.8.3, tvHeadEnd for recording back end, Emby
Old 09-03-2013, 08:51 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
No, I'm on Virgin Media, not even sure what tuner would work... Leery of spending the money!
Is Virgin media on cable? They bought NTL while ago that used to be on cable (DVB-C). Anyway you will need a smartcard which is probably inside their box...

There was a potential user using DVB-C in the forum, but haven't heard anything from him.

I was able the other day to watch Disney Channel UK by sharing a card with another user, pretty cool...

Eddy

Old 09-03-2013, 09:03 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Is Virgin media on cable? They bought NTL while ago that used to be on cable (DVB-C). Anyway you will need a smartcard which is probably inside their box...
Yeah, it's DVB-C. I had tuners in there a few years ago, but when they moved from Nagra2 to Nagra3 all the softcams stopped working and I sold the tuners. I'd need to buy new, and a dual-tuner is around £130 with no guarantee that it would work...

I'll need to get drunk one night and order it against my better judgement!
Old 09-03-2013, 09:08 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Yeah, it's DVB-C. I had tuners in there a few years ago, but when they moved from Nagra2 to Nagra3 all the softcams stopped working and I sold the tuners. I'd need to buy new, and a dual-tuner is around £130 with no guarantee that it would work...

I'll need to get drunk one night and order it against my better judgement!
Tivusat (Italian channels on Hotbird 13şE) smartcard is a Nagra3 and is working perfectly...

Eddy

Tags
decryption, dvb, dvblogic, oscam, smartcard