SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

View Poll Results: Would you like this plugin working on Linux?
Yes, please 7 63.64%
No, thanks 4 36.36%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-15-2015, 10:26 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddity View Post
Hi, yes would definitely love PCSC support, having to use a different verion from the one you provide.

Also, if you could find a way to stop OSCAM runnning away when with high CPU when a channel is tuned that is not in your current subscription I would appreciate it.
OK, can I send you an OsCAM version with the PCSC support included to try and see whether I am moving in the right direction please?

This version is based on a quite recent release, so hopefully it will work better, but please bear in mind that the PCSC library that I have included had a quite high number of compilation warnings which I need to address if the support will be included from now on.

Eddy

Automatic Power Off | Squeezeslave | DVB-S Importer | DVB Decrypter & Card Client | Tuner Preroll

Every man is a damn fool for at least five minutes every day; wisdom consists in not exceeding the limit. ~ Elbert Hubbard

Last edited by routerunner; 02-15-2015 at 10:29 AM.
Old 02-16-2015, 12:10 PM
Sage Aficionado

Yes very happy to test.
Old 02-16-2015, 02:53 PM
Sage Aficionado

It has read the card and entitlements correctly.

Can view channels subscribed to. When viewing a channel that is not subscribed get the following, much better than before when the oscam.exe runs high cpu and need to restart service
2015/02/16 20:51:00 80092048 c (ecm) SageTVUser_41 (0963&000000/FFFF/D017/63:A22006CDEDF9EFAC67C8F357F0EF4C44): timeout (5000 ms)
2015/02/16 20:51:05 8008CB00 r (-) -- Skipped 1 duplicated log lines --
2015/02/16 20:51:05 8008CB00 r (reader) 1 [videoguard2] classD3 ins54: no cw --> Card needs pairing/extra data
2015/02/16 20:51:05 8008CB00 r (reader) 1 [videoguard2] classD3 ins54: no cw --> Tier expired
2015/02/16 20:51:10 80092048 c (ecm) SageTVUser_41 (0963&000000/FFFF/D017/63:A22006CDEDF9EFAC67C8F357F0EF4C44): timeout (5000 ms)

Problem is still get this message repeating even though Sage is no longer trying to view the channel.
Old 02-16-2015, 04:09 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddity View Post
It has read the card and entitlements correctly.

Can view channels subscribed to. When viewing a channel that is not subscribed get the following, much better than before when the oscam.exe runs high cpu and need to restart service
2015/02/16 20:51:00 80092048 c (ecm) SageTVUser_41 (0963&000000/FFFF/D017/63:A22006CDEDF9EFAC67C8F357F0EF4C44): timeout (5000 ms)
2015/02/16 20:51:05 8008CB00 r (-) -- Skipped 1 duplicated log lines --
2015/02/16 20:51:05 8008CB00 r (reader) 1 [videoguard2] classD3 ins54: no cw --> Card needs pairing/extra data
2015/02/16 20:51:05 8008CB00 r (reader) 1 [videoguard2] classD3 ins54: no cw --> Tier expired
2015/02/16 20:51:10 80092048 c (ecm) SageTVUser_41 (0963&000000/FFFF/D017/63:A22006CDEDF9EFAC67C8F357F0EF4C44): timeout (5000 ms)

Problem is still get this message repeating even though Sage is no longer trying to view the channel.
Excellent, regarding your issue I have the inkling that oscam continues because even if I stop recording I still keep the user connection open, however after a while oscam marks the connection inactive so I expect the log to stop; to simulate closing the connection can you please stop sagetv server in that condition and see whether the log stops? Unfortunately I cannot test that condition because with my smartcard all channels are available.

Eddy

Automatic Power Off | Squeezeslave | DVB-S Importer | DVB Decrypter & Card Client | Tuner Preroll

Every man is a damn fool for at least five minutes every day; wisdom consists in not exceeding the limit. ~ Elbert Hubbard
Old 02-19-2015, 06:21 AM
Sage Advanced User

Hoping the new version will help me. I've been getting alot of crashes recently.
Probably once every other day. Most times it looks like oscam has crashed.
Old 02-19-2015, 07:57 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesdisco View Post
Hoping the new version will help me. I've been getting alot of crashes recently.
Probably once every other day. Most times it looks like oscam has crashed.
That's the reason why I want to get involved in OsCAM software development. I have a version of OsCAM which is my first isolated build for you to try if interested.

Please bear in mind that this is the only the beginning, I need to implement few changes in OsCAM to support new plugin features targeted to improve OsCAM stability.

Cheers
Eddy

Old 02-20-2015, 06:32 AM
Sage Icon

Other issues?

Is there anyone else wanting to report other issues with this plugin whilst I'm working on it? Speak now or never, please

Cheers
Eddy

Old 02-20-2015, 07:58 AM
Sage Aficionado

Bet you wish you had never said that lol

I have a few issues that I would like you to look at if you don’t mind.

1 This one has been talked about in the last few posts. Stop OSCAM form locking up if you tune into a Channel you don’t have a subscription for. Even if you stop the channel OSCAM constantly shows “rejected group (1 ms) (no matching reader)” in the Log until you restart OSCAM.

2 Have the ability to be able to Scan Channel Frequencies when plugin is enabled.

3 Have the ability to had DBV-C and DVB-S running at the same time. If you set up a Reader for DVB-C and DVB-S you get the following conflict.
[Smartcard::AddUsers] label = Cable
[Smartcard::AddUsers] protocol = newcamd
[Smartcard::AddUsers] device = <Server>,<Port>
[Smartcard::AddUsers] caid = 0x1841
[Smartcard::AddUsers] ident = 0x1841:0x000000
[Smartcard::AddUsers] group = 1
[Smartcard::AddUsers] audisabled = 1
[User::User] Engine running
[User::AddUser] Cable

[Protocol::Protocol] Engine running
[Smartcard::AddUsers] label = Sky
[Smartcard::AddUsers] caid = 0x0963
[Smartcard::AddUsers] ERROR: Invalid/Duplicated group 1!
[Smartcard::AddUsers] ERROR: Uncomplete [reader] section!
[User::Run] Cable connected

It don’t like two different CAID’s on the same Group.

4 Add support for Magcamd protocol.

5 Have OSCAM run as a Service

Thats is for now

Once again thanks for this plugin

Dean
Old 02-20-2015, 08:27 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanm View Post
Bet you wish you had never said that lol
You bet! , please see my replies below

Quote:
1 This one has been talked about in the last few posts. Stop OSCAM form locking up if you tune into a Channel you don’t have a subscription for. Even if you stop the channel OSCAM constantly shows “rejected group (1 ms) (no matching reader)” in the Log until you restart OSCAM.
Done!

Quote:
2 Have the ability to be able to Scan Channel Frequencies when plugin is enabled.
Done!

Quote:
3 Have the ability to had DBV-C and DVB-S running at the same time. If you set up a Reader for DVB-C and DVB-S you get the following conflict.
[Smartcard::AddUsers] label = Cable
[Smartcard::AddUsers] caid = 0x1841
[Smartcard::AddUsers] ident = 0x1841:0x000000
[Smartcard::AddUsers] group = 1
[User::User] Engine running
[User::AddUser] Cable

[Protocol::Protocol] Engine running
[Smartcard::AddUsers] label = Sky
[Smartcard::AddUsers] caid = 0x0963
[Smartcard::AddUsers] ERROR: Invalid/Duplicated group 1!
[Smartcard::AddUsers] ERROR: Uncomplete [reader] section!
[User::Run] Cable connected
It don’t like two different CAID’s on the same Group.
The "group value" make sense for load balancing only, two different CAID must have different group, but same CAID can have the same group, saying that the current plugin implementation doesn't support load balancing so currently you cannot set two cards with the same group regardless the CAID, but I'm working on that so you should be able to assign two or more subscription with the same CAID the same group and OsCAM will automatically load balance the cards using the algorithm HERE.

Quote:
4 Add support for Magcamd protocol.
Not sure what MGCamd protocol would give you unless your Internet line has some trouble, please state some use case.

Quote:
5 Have OSCAM run as a Service
OsCAM can run as a daemon (to use Unix term) or in background for a very long time, just add the option "-b" at the command line.

Cheers
Eddy

Old 02-20-2015, 09:41 AM
Sage Aficionado

Thanks Eddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by routerunner View Post
The "group value" make sense for load balancing only, two different CAID must have different group, but same CAID can have the same group, saying that the current plugin implementation doesn't support load balancing so currently you cannot set two cards with the same group regardless the CAID, but I'm working on that so you should be able to assign two or more subscription with the same CAID the same group and OsCAM will automatically load balance the cards using the algorithm HERE.Eddy
To be honest this is something I only wanted for testing DVB-C. I dont think I would ever have a need for DVB-C and DVB-S, but you never know.

Quote:
Not sure what MGCamd protocol would give you unless your Internet line has some trouble, please state some use case.
Eddy
This protocol is used by most Cable Card Shares. Not really looked it what benefit it gives. So I cant really give you much more info than that.

Quote:
OsCAM can run as a daemon (to use Unix term) or in background for a very long time, just add the option "-b" at the command line.
Eddy
This option has never worked for me. Cant remember my issues but OSCAM could not be accessed with this option set. Need to take another look.

Just remembered an other issues if its not to much to ask, but then you did ask

Have an option so that "httpreadonly" in "oscam.conf" is not set to 1 everytime the plugin starts so you can edit OSCAM via the Web interface.

Dean

Cheers
Old 02-21-2015, 06:18 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
This option has never worked for me. Cant remember my issues but OSCAM could not be accessed with this option set. Need to take another look.
My server runs on Windows xp and that works fine also I tried on Windows 8.1 and that works fine either. It could be a problem with the Cygwin DLL version you are running your Oscam with. Unfortunately some distribution doesn't provide the exact DLL the distribution has been built with and that can cause some unpredictable behaviour.

Since building my own distribution the server looks like is running much better than before and the DLL are now consistent.

You could also have right permission issues when running in background mode, check your firewall settings.

Eddy

Old 02-21-2015, 06:51 AM
Sage Aficionado

Thumbs down

Quote:
My server runs on Windows xp and that works fine also I tried on Windows 8.1 and that works fine either. It could be a problem with the Cygwin DLL version you are running your Oscam with. Unfortunately some distribution doesn't provide the exact DLL the distribution has been built with and that can cause some unpredictable behaviour.
My think my issue was around runing OSCAM as Scheduled Task on boot up with -b option. OSCAM was running but I could not open the webpage.

I have a task run on bootup to run OSCAM Launcher and that works well.

Dean
Old 02-21-2015, 07:16 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanm View Post
My think my issue was around runing OSCAM as Scheduled Task on boot up with -b option. OSCAM was running but I could not open the webpage.

I have a task run on bootup to run OSCAM Launcher and that works well.

Dean
When using scheduled task you need to make sure you are specifying the start up directory or alternatively you must set the path where the oscam.conf etc files are via the -c option otherwise the web server will respond to the default port 8888.

Eddy

Old 02-21-2015, 11:00 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
When using scheduled task you need to make sure you are specifying the start up directory or alternatively you must set the path where the oscam.conf etc files are via the -c option otherwise the web server will respond to the default port 8888.
Just wanted to clarify my previous post a little bit because this is one of the thing about OsCAM that can be rather confusing and one can spend quite some time to understand what is going wrong.

Basically OsCAM sources can be compiled to look for its configuration files (oscam.conf, oscam.server, oscam.user, etc) into a particular directory which default is "/usr/local/etc", the problem is that this directory format is valid only for Linux or when running OsCAM within a Cygwin shell, not when running on a Windows environment with external Cygwin DLLs as I normally do. When OsCAM cannot find its configuration files in the pre-built path it assumes lots of default which can be very different from some one is expecting and the aforementioned webserver port being 8888 instead of 3001 is just one of the few.

The good news is that by using the -c <path to look for configuration files> option you can override the default setting at runtime, so it is a hit and miss, you first try without and if doesn't work it means that the default path is "/usr/local/etc" and therefore you need the -c option to override and this is particularly true when running OsCAM via scheduled task.

So it all depends on how the OsCAM sources are built and when you are using a distribution made from some automatic daily build service like THIS you don't know what to expect.

In my OsCAM distribution I make sure that OsCAM is always looking for its configuration file in the same directory where it starts, so when running OsCAM via scheduled task you just need to specify the execution directory in the appropriate field, this is also important because this plugin is generating the configuration files for OsCAM in the CAM directory where OsCAM executable is located.

Hope this helps
Eddy

Old 02-21-2015, 02:53 PM
Sage Icon

Eddy, looking forward to your build.

I've had a problem in the past with slow decode performance causing picture breakup with any of the OSCAM builds using the more recent Cygwin DLLs.

Now I'm down to only being able to record from 1 tuner at a time as I get slow decode when using 2 tuners. It started when the provider made some changes at their end.

John
Old 02-21-2015, 03:09 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JREkiwi View Post
Eddy, looking forward to your build.

I've had a problem in the past with slow decode performance causing picture breakup with any of the OSCAM builds using the more recent Cygwin DLLs.

Now I'm down to only being able to record from 1 tuner at a time as I get slow decode when using 2 tuners. It started when the provider made some changes at their end.

John
John, messing up with the DLL and different oscam version is not a very good idea indeed

Please PM me your email address and I will send my build along with relative DLL straight away.

Are you still using DVBlogic?

Eddy

Old 02-23-2015, 04:26 PM
Sage Advanced User

Eddy help

Just done the update, stopped oscam as instructed but no new oscam.exe was downloaded. old one got deleted and oscam.exe.stackdump replaced it. i then uninstalled the plugins rebooted and reinstalled, still no change. I then renamed cam folder, uninstalled plugins rebooted, reinstalled plugin but its not craeting the cam folder with the files in it. It does create the DVBDCC.ax file each time. Any idea why its not downloading the cam folder.
Old 02-23-2015, 04:53 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Eddy help

Just done the update, stopped oscam as instructed but no new oscam.exe was downloaded. old one got deleted and oscam.exe.stackdump replaced it. i then uninstalled the plugins rebooted and reinstalled, still no change. I then renamed cam folder, uninstalled plugins rebooted, reinstalled plugin but its not craeting the cam folder with the files in it. It does create the DVBDCC.ax file each time. Any idea why its not downloading the cam folder.
Sorry, my bad! Long time I did a release the OsCAM package was malformed, it is good now, please let me know.

Eddy

Old 02-24-2015, 03:07 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Sorry, my bad! Long time I did a release the OsCAM package was malformed, it is good now, please let me know.
That's sorted it all working now.
Many thanks as always.
Old 02-25-2015, 10:17 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
That's sorted it all working now.
Many thanks as always.
No worries, please report any issue or observation here, any feedback is always welcome

PS: In case you have missed out the announcement thread a new version is available to download via manual update as STV doesn't notify library updates.

Cheers
Eddy

Last edited by routerunner; 02-27-2015 at 01:35 AM.

Tags
decryption, dvb, dvblogic, oscam, smartcard