SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

View Poll Results: Would you like this plugin working on Linux?
Yes, please 7 63.64%
No, thanks 4 36.36%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-24-2013, 06:42 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanm View Post
It has been successfully running since Sunday morning and only had one issue. (This was down to OSCAM).
Thanks Dean for your feedback, it is always nice to hear a success story

What was the issue you experienced with OSCAM? I might investigate to upgrade to a new version, performing some tests and release a new distribution eventually. It is very important to keep the third party updates to the bare minimum for reliable performances.

Also, how would you rate the channel tuning performance speed on normal and encrypted channels?

Cheers
Eddy

Automatic Power Off | Squeezeslave | DVB-S Importer | DVB Decrypter & Card Client | Tuner Preroll

Every man is a damn fool for at least five minutes every day; wisdom consists in not exceeding the limit. ~ Elbert Hubbard

Last edited by routerunner; 09-24-2013 at 06:55 AM.
Old 09-24-2013, 08:55 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by routerunner View Post
What was the issue you experienced with OSCAM?
The problem with OSCAM it became unresponsive. Trying to tune into a channel I got a no signal message. When I tried to open the OSCAM web page it would not connect.

In OSCAM Launcher it was not showing a crash. I then stopped and started OSCAM and it started working again after 2 seconds. I have only seen it once.

Dean
Old 09-24-2013, 09:07 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
The problem with OSCAM it became unresponsive. Trying to tune into a channel I got a no signal message. When I tried to open the OSCAM web page it would not connect.

In OSCAM Launcher it was not showing a crash. I then stopped and started OSCAM and it started working again after 2 seconds. I have only seen it once.

Dean
I'll investigate that with the current OSCAM source, in the meantime, you could use the auto restart OSCAM option within the OSCAM launcher, I know is awful, but it might work for the time being...

Eddy

Automatic Power Off | Squeezeslave | DVB-S Importer | DVB Decrypter & Card Client | Tuner Preroll

Every man is a damn fool for at least five minutes every day; wisdom consists in not exceeding the limit. ~ Elbert Hubbard
Old 09-24-2013, 10:22 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
I'll investigate that with the current OSCAM source, in the meantime, you could use the auto restart OSCAM option within the OSCAM launcher, I know is awful, but it might work for the time being...

Eddy
This is set and the Crashes were at 0, didn’t look like a crash.

It only happened the once so I will see how it goes.

On another point have you had any success running OSCAM as a service?

At the moment I’m manually starting OSCAM every morning when my server boots up.

How is everyone else starting OSCAM?

Dean
Old 09-24-2013, 10:33 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
On another point have you had any success running OSCAM as a service?
I tried long time ago with very scarce results, you need the nmms.exe (which I didn't include in the distribution on purpose to avoid people messing around).

I start mine via windows task as I do, like you, power up my SageTV server every day in the morning and therefore it must start after SageTV starts up to allows OSCAM to get the latest oscam.* files.

I noticed from the OSCAM release notes that lots has been fixed since the distribution version, however the latest available Windows build is outdated as well (9/9/2013), so we need to wait I guess.

Eddy

Old 09-25-2013, 02:37 AM
Sage Aficionado

Hi Eddy,

One question about your plugin.

Because this is the first time I have ever been able to watch an encrypted channel direct in SageTV. I was wondering how are Subtitles handled.

If I watch BBC 1 for example I can turn Subtitles on but on an encrypted channel, nothing appears as in nothing is shown in the options menu.

Is this down to SageTV, Your plugin or are Subtitles encrypted.

It’s not an huge problem as I never use them but would be nice to have.

Dean
Old 09-25-2013, 02:48 AM
Sage Aficionado

Sorry one more question.

Every time SageTV starts it creates a new OSCAM.CONF file. Is there a way to turn this feature off or not create a new one if one already exists?

My reason for asking is that I use a 10.0.0.x network range. (This is more down to laziness on my part as I find typing 10.0.0.x easier than 192.168.0.x) Because of this every time a new OSCAM.CONF file is created it overwrites my edited file allowing the 10.0.0.x range to access the web interface.

I like to watch the OSCAM Web page on my Phone when testing to make sure all is working.

Dean
Old 09-25-2013, 02:57 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Hi Eddy,

One question about your plugin.

Because this is the first time I have ever been able to watch an encrypted channel direct in SageTV. I was wondering how are Subtitles handled.

If I watch BBC 1 for example I can turn Subtitles on but on an encrypted channel, nothing appears as in nothing is shown in the options menu.

Is this down to SageTV, Your plugin or are Subtitles encrypted.

It’s not an huge problem as I never use them but would be nice to have.

Dean
Hi Dean,

AFAIK the subtitles should be clear, but will investigate that. The Tivusat (Italian channels) have just few encrypted channels with subtitles, so will double check and report back. It is possible however that the UK subtitles are encrypted.

Which UK encrypted channel you were expecting the subtitles on?

Eddy

Old 09-25-2013, 03:11 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Sorry one more question.

Every time SageTV starts it creates a new OSCAM.CONF file. Is there a way to turn this feature off or not create a new one if one already exists?
I rather prefer not as I need to make sure the setting on the oscam.conf are kept right and consistent, this is mainly to keep user issues to the bare minimum.

I thought I opened up the web service access to all IP addresses, if not I'll do soon.

BTW if anyone has some specific requests to add to the oscam.conf, please let me know soon rather than later

Eddy

Last edited by routerunner; 09-25-2013 at 03:42 AM.
Old 09-25-2013, 03:25 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
I thought I opened up the web service access to all IP addresses, if not I'll do soon.

Eddy
Yes this would be a good idea

Dean
Old 09-25-2013, 03:27 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Which UK encrypted channel you were expecting the subtitles on?

Eddy
Was mainly looking at Sky Sports News

Dean
Old 09-25-2013, 10:33 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Next step is to make sure your OSCAM server is up and running and your smartcard entitlements being read correctly by OSCAM. If so you can try tune to an encrypted channel your smartcard supports.
excuse me for my delayed response. I have ordered my Infinity USB Smart just today so I could'nt finish the installation up to now. Bevor spending money I wanted to be sure it's almost certain that everything will running fine in my environment. The visibility of two clients in oscam for my two tuners gave me the needed confidence.
Old 09-25-2013, 12:18 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wubdich View Post
excuse me for my delayed response. I have ordered my Infinity USB Smart just today so I could'nt finish the installation up to now. Bevor spending money I wanted to be sure it's almost certain that everything will running fine in my environment. The visibility of two clients in oscam for my two tuners gave me the needed confidence.
well, in theory you should have done the other way round (check OSCAM + smartcard first) as it is the more likely to fail. Please don't take it the wrong way, but I never doubt about the fact that you could make the plugin to work properly

Good luck
Eddy

Old 09-25-2013, 04:48 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Was mainly looking at Sky Sports News

Dean
Apparently the subtitles should always be clear. Are you watching on a client or an extender? The reason I ask is because DVB subtitles are only supported on extenders.

Eddy

Old 09-25-2013, 05:38 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
The reason I ask is because DVB subtitles are only supported on extenders.

Eddy

Tested on an HD300 but I don't think BBC Subtitles work very well now. Where before they worked ok

Will test more tomorrow
Old 09-26-2013, 12:11 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Tested on an HD300 but I don't think BBC Subtitles work very well now. Where before they worked ok

Will test more tomorrow
Ouch! I've just realised that this is your first time native...unfortunately DVB subtitle native in SageTV are a little bit crap to say the best, they haven't be implemented properly. You can get better result by setting the DVB subtitle delay in the property page, it is a hit and miss, but I warn you don't expect them working like DVBLogic.

Eddy

Old 09-26-2013, 01:06 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Ouch! I've just realised that this is your first time native...unfortunately DVB subtitle native in SageTV are a little bit crap to say the best, they haven't be implemented properly. You can get better result by setting the DVB subtitle delay in the property page, it is a hit and miss, but I warn you don't expect them working like DVBLogic.

Eddy
Subtitles didn't work in DVBLogic.

I used DVB-T tuners natively for BBC channels. And they worked(ish)

Need to do more testing later but since your filter was installed they don't work very well. But I'm not sure your filter would have an effect on subtitles.

I might be wrong and need more testing and might of been my system as I have been changing tuners around.

Dean
Old 09-26-2013, 02:23 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Need to do more testing later but since your filter was installed they don't work very well. But I'm not sure your filter would have an effect on subtitles.
When watching not encrypted channels the filter is nearly in bypass mode, so, as you said, it is unlikely that the filter is causing any problem on the subtitles, however as I do need to pre-buffer the samples (and that is valid for both clear and encrypted) there is the remote possibility that timing get shifted, but while ago I sent samples of my TS recordings to Qian to analyse and the TS timestamp were all correct.

As you said it could be down the fact you've done many experiments recently and DVB subtitles on SageTV doesn't work correctly anyway.

Eddy

Old 09-27-2013, 02:18 AM
Sage Icon

Upgraded to latest OSCAM

I've upgraded to the latest OSCAM distribution as I was monitoring the number and type of fixes since the first release and for some of them I thought worthwhile give it a go.

I'll perform testing as usual and if everything is fine I'll release the new distribution sometime next week.

Thanks
Eddy

Old 10-02-2013, 09:03 AM
Sage Advanced User

DVB Decrypter did'nt start to talk to OSCAM

My card reader (Infinity USB Smart) arrived and I validated OSCAM and smartcard functionality with DVBViewer - everything was running fine.

Unfortunatly DVB Decrypter did'nt start to talk to OSCAM when switching to an encrypted channel (no log output). Any special requirements with label property in card definition ? In customization Announcement it was mentioned
Quote:
Every card definition starts with the "[reader]" tag. Set the "label" property with the TV package name
is this an hard requirement ? How to determine the correct "TV package Name" ? Maybee something else is wrong ... I hope somebody can find out what's going wrong - I will attach logfiles and configs.
Attached Files
File Type: zip logfiles.zip (107.8 KB, 168 views)

Last edited by wubdich; 10-02-2013 at 09:28 AM.

Tags
decryption, dvb, dvblogic, oscam, smartcard