SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 04-13-2013, 07:57 PM

What happing if you just stop and restart SageTV with out doing that Keith?. by the way try disable the Hauppauge Device Control that running at start in task bar that is for one touch rec button on top of the device.
Old 04-14-2013, 11:02 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHS View Post
What happing if you just stop and restart SageTV with out doing that Keith?. by the way try disable the Hauppauge Device Control that running at start in task bar that is for one touch rec button on top of the device.
I only tried it once, but stopping and restarting SageTV without opening Showbiz allowed SageTV to now see the 1512. I'll test it out some more.

I disabled the one touch record button, does that make the device more stable, or does that just prevent someone from accidentally starting or stopping a recording?
Miscellaneous: Multiple Sony RM-VLZ620 Universal Remote Controls
Old 04-14-2013, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithAbbott View Post
I only tried it once, but stopping and restarting SageTV without opening Showbiz allowed SageTV to now see the 1512. I'll test it out some more.

I disabled the one touch record button, does that make the device more stable, or does that just prevent someone from accidentally starting or stopping a recording?
It prevent accidentally starting of Showbiz or new Hauppauge Capture Tools.
Old 04-21-2013, 01:25 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
What happing if you just stop and restart SageTV with out doing that Keith?
SHS, is there a change I can make so that the SageTV service will see the 1512 without having to stop and restart the service?

EDIT: I'm experimenting with changing the service's Startup type to "Automatic (Delayed Start)". I'll report back if that gives the service enough time to be able to see the 1512 consistently.

Last edited by KeithAbbott; 04-21-2013 at 02:04 PM.
Old 04-22-2013, 08:22 PM

Like I said that really odd that it doesn't see it other then that I have no idea why it doing that
Old 04-24-2013, 05:13 PM
Sage Icon

OK, it looks like adding the delay in the service startup may have resolved that problem. Now, on to the next problem. Often, either when switching channels while watching live TV, the computer completely locks up, requiring shutting down the computer by pressing and holding the power switch. This also happens, although less frequently, as Sage is finishing recording a show for me to watch later. Any ideas where I should look? I'm running the 1.3.31062 version of the 1512 driver, and that is the only tuner/encoder installed on this server.
Old 04-24-2013, 06:38 PM

No idea other then try look at the logs
Old 04-24-2013, 09:39 PM

ok, so I have a couple of potentially dumb questions

first, will this take RCA input? I want to use it mostly for video games, but would I be able to hook up my SNES, for example with RCA cables? do I need an extra adapter for that? it looks like it comes with component input, but I can't see that anyone has used this for RCA. I'm sure it's because it's an HD capture device, but still - it looks like the earlier model had the RCA input right on it, but then there's almost 0 mention of it on this one

second, I read a bunch of reviews on Amazon and other sites about VHS capture.. the first PVR model seems to have some issue with recording them where, if the original tape is not in perfect condition, it will stop encoding the video really easily

can I even get VHS records with this?

the component input is basically the selling point for me otherwise. can anyone suggest a device that has component and RCA that's cheaper, and doesn't have HDMI? (I don't necessarily need HDMI, but it'd probably be nice)

I just want something that can record a whole bunch of different things, and this seems like a good one, but if it doesn't do older systems and VHS, I guess I can't really use it

thanks for any help
Old 04-27-2013, 12:53 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
I have two 1212s (plus one spare) and other than the PS I haven't had any major problems although recently I am seeing "hiccups" where there will be a 7 second (or so) blip in the recording. This blip doesn't appear to be in the origingal source.
I'm getting that hiccup on on one of my 1212's too. I removed the digital audio connection several months ago and that quelled it for a while, but now it's back with a vengence. I'm guessing it's a heat or USB port issue or some recent software update on my DirecTV receiver that the HD-PVR doesn't like.
Old 04-27-2013, 08:22 AM
SageTVaholic

This device that was giving the hiccups started failing completely. I replaced it with my backup and all is well now.
Old 05-08-2013, 12:39 PM

Good news is I found a way to add Component + Analog RCA the bad news you end up lossing Component + SPDIF dran it I just win my cake and icing to hehe
Old 05-08-2013, 12:41 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Good news is I found a way to add Component + Analog RCA the bad news you end up lossing Component + SPDIF dran it I just win my cake and icing to hehe
Are you still borrowing that HD200? Does analog RCA trigger the same "no sound" issues on some live TV?
Old 05-08-2013, 12:58 PM

I don't have any HD200 nor the 300 so I can't test that, If like to try I can upload what need to get Analog RCA option

Update Carp
Color all messup and I can't fix it

Last edited by SHS; 05-08-2013 at 01:24 PM.
Old 09-10-2013, 12:41 AM
Sage Advanced User

HD-PVR 2 install for SagrTv

Help!
So does anyone have a HD-PVR 2 working with SageTv 7. If so how did you do it. I have had no luck finding any real installation info just a lot of speculation.
I did a stupid move and purchased one today and have had no luck getting it to work. Think I'll just find a HD-PVR 1212 online.
Old 09-10-2013, 08:54 AM
Sage Expert

It should work, just not with live TV on an HD200/300. Make sure you made the proper registry edit that SHS posted in another thread. After that, it should work, at least with component (your tuner likely has HDCP on your HDMI connection which prevents recording).
Old 09-13-2013, 10:18 AM
Sage Icon

I'm looking to future-proof. I currently have to two HDPVR 1212's connected to DirecTV boxes via Component+S/PDIF. I use the AWESOME DirecTV Tuning .dll to change channels.

I'm looking at picking up two 1512's to keep on hand in case my DTV boxes die, Component gets shut off, or the 1212's die, etc...

I read both threads, and it seems that the 1512's are working in SageTV thanks to SHS

So, I just want to make sure that after making the regedit with SHS's file (Win 7 32bit), I can capture from DirecTV in DD 5.1 AND change channels with the DirecTV Tuning .dll?

Some other questions:

What is the difference between the normal and "Gamer" versions? I assume the regular 'Blue' 1512 is fine?

Can you capture via HDMI? I don't know how DirecTV is on HDCP. I don't subscribe to any premium channels.

Even if a new replacement DTV box is HDMI only, I assume those Monoprice $40 boxes would take care of any HDCP issues?

Are the correct connections either DTV Box Component-S/PDIF Out > 1512 'Dongle' In (It has S/PDIF on it)?

OR

DTV Box HDMI Out > 1512 HDMI In. Do you have to do S/PDIF as well?

Or

DTV Box HDMI (S/PDIF?) Out > Monoprice Box DVI (S/PDIF?) In > 1512 HDMI (S/PDIF?) In. What about audio? Do new DTV Boxes have S/PDIF out as well? Audio gets outputted by both simultaneously?

And then just USB 2.0 to the Sage Server?

Thanks!

P
Old 09-13-2013, 11:02 AM
SageTVaholic

Don't have one of these - YET. But if you get a HDMI splitter that strips the HDCP then you can record from HDMI off a DirecTV box. I do that with my Colossus card now including all the premiums (HBO, SHOWTIME, STARZ, etc...). With my HR21 I don't even need the splitter to record via HDMI. Also I don't believe the 1512's will have any effect on the HTTP channel changing as that is controlled by SageTV and the DLL and isn't dependant on the device doing the recording. I use HTTP channel changes for the SD channels coming from HD STBs to an nVidia Dual TV and HVR-2250 currently - So I really doubt the 1512 would change that. Also on my H24 box there is NO optical audio. I got a Coax to Optical converter but haven't had a chance to get it working yet to my 1212's - HDMI does work through the splitter to my Colossus however.

Last edited by BobPhoenix; 09-13-2013 at 11:10 AM. Reason: added H24 comments
Old 09-13-2013, 08:41 PM
Sage Advanced User

@BobPheonix

Curious. Which HDMI splitter are you using? Make/model?
Old 09-14-2013, 08:07 AM
Sage Icon

Thanks Bob. Worst case (HDCP everywhere), it looks like HDMI to DVI and Digital Coax OUT from the DTV box to DVI/Coax Audio IN to the Monoprice box...and then just HDMI OUT to the 1512 will work (maybe have to add S/PDIF from Monoprice to 1512 as well...don't know if HDMI will handle it all).

P
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 53692.jpg (22.0 KB, 156 views)
Old 09-16-2013, 10:02 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilkmanCDN View Post
@BobPheonix

Curious. Which HDMI splitter are you using? Make/model?
Don't have the Amazon link handy but it was posted on the forums here somewhere. I will look for it and post link to post it is in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polypro View Post
Thanks Bob. Worst case (HDCP everywhere), it looks like HDMI to DVI and Digital Coax OUT from the DTV box to DVI/Coax Audio IN to the Monoprice box...and then just HDMI OUT to the 1512 will work (maybe have to add S/PDIF from Monoprice to 1512 as well...don't know if HDMI will handle it all).

P
I don't need quite what you are talking about with the splitter I got to use on my Colossus - will look for the one I am using. Just 2 HDMI cables. One from the DirecTV STB to the splitter. Then one from one of the output ports on the splitter to the Colossus card. It would probably be the same with the 1512.

Found it: http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...90&postcount=4 Look at the link SHS posted.

Last edited by BobPhoenix; 09-16-2013 at 10:08 AM.