SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 11-15-2012, 06:16 AM
Sage Icon

IMDB gone?

I noticed yesterday that the IMDB search has disappeared, both from the info popup menu and also from the "More online services" menu. I am fairly sure that the recent update to Phoenix was the only thing I've changed. Is it possible that it accidentally killed the IMDB link? Anyone else noticed this?
Tuners: 4 tuners via (2) HDHomeruns (100% OTA, DIY antennas in the attic).
Clients: Several HD300s, HD200s, even an old HD100, all on wired LAN. Latest firmware for each.
Old 11-15-2012, 08:14 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjpjpjpj View Post
I noticed yesterday that the IMDB search has disappeared, both from the info popup menu and also from the "More online services" menu. I am fairly sure that the recent update to Phoenix was the only thing I've changed. Is it possible that it accidentally killed the IMDB link? Anyone else noticed this?
Nothing in the latest phoenix release would have affected IMDB, and phoenix doesn't actually contribute any UI elements (unless you are running Phoenix UI).
Old 11-15-2012, 08:14 PM
Sage Icon

Well, looks like I'm back to the big mystery that no one can answer. I don't use Phoenix (UI) or BMT or Gemstone or Diamond. I have CMT installed, which was what was providing me with the IMDB search. I have the basic Phoenix for v7 plugin installed (not the UI stuff). However, something I have, as I have posted here before, gives me automatic metadata fetching.... even though I don't want it. And no one can tell me how to turn it off, because everyone seems to swear that I shouldn't be getting it.

I've been told numerous times that what I am seeing could not happen without BMT. But I swear, I'm not crazy, BMT is NOT installed (I've checked and checked again) and I am still getting automatic metadata. No, really, I am. Whenever I add a new video, if the name can be found, it gets metadata, thumbnails, the whole nine yards. This even happens if I happen to name one of our home videos something remotely close to a movie name that's in the database. It's annoying - and if I were adding videos as frequently as others here, it would be downright infuriating.

So I suspect that whatever happened has something to do with crossed wires between Phoenix and CMT. The only reason I say this is that CMT provides the IMDB search and the Phoenix Core Services update is what apparently made the IMDB search disappear.

Anyone?
Clients: Several HD300s, HD200s, even an old HD100, all on wired LAN. Latest firmware for each.
Old 11-15-2012, 10:23 PM
Sage Icon

Is the CMT plugin showing as enabled? As stuckless said, Phoenix api does nothing with the UI, but it is a prereq for the CMT plugin.

As for the automatic metadata etc. check your sage.properties for
phoenix/fanart/automatedFanartEnabled=true
and change to false

John
Old 11-15-2012, 10:37 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Well, looks like I'm back to the big mystery that no one can answer. I don't use Phoenix (UI) or BMT or Gemstone or Diamond. I have CMT installed, which was what was providing me with the IMDB search. I have the basic Phoenix for v7 plugin installed (not the UI stuff). However, something I have, as I have posted here before, gives me automatic metadata fetching.... even though I don't want it. And no one can tell me how to turn it off, because everyone seems to swear that I shouldn't be getting it.

I've been told numerous times that what I am seeing could not happen without BMT. But I swear, I'm not crazy, BMT is NOT installed (I've checked and checked again) and I am still getting automatic metadata. No, really, I am. Whenever I add a new video, if the name can be found, it gets metadata, thumbnails, the whole nine yards. This even happens if I happen to name one of our home videos something remotely close to a movie name that's in the database. It's annoying - and if I were adding videos as frequently as others here, it would be downright infuriating.

So I suspect that whatever happened has something to do with crossed wires between Phoenix and CMT. The only reason I say this is that CMT provides the IMDB search and the Phoenix Core Services update is what apparently made the IMDB search disappear.

Anyone?
I'm not sure who told you you shouldn't have metadata being fetched. The Phoenix API does that automatically, by default. You should be able to disable the autofetching from the Plugins -> General -> Phoenix API -> Configure Plugin screen.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 11-16-2012, 06:28 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

Anyone?
You certainly don't need BMT installed to "automatically" have fanart fetched. As Fuzzy pointed out, this is a handled by the Phoenix Core plugin. Phoenix is broken down into 2 NON UI part, the phoenix-api and the phoenix-core. If phoenix-core is installed, then it will enable automatic metadata/fanart lookups by default. No BMT required. BMT is only used if you want to manually lookup metadata and fanart for specific shows, or do a "Batch" update of many shows/moviies.

While I don't use BMT very often, I do use it in cases where the automatic updater in phoenix fails for some reason. I can use BMT to manually update the file. BMT still uses Phoenix to do all the updating, but it just allows more manual control of the process.

Many plugins depend on Phoenix API or Phoenix Core for many fanart/metadata related operations.

The last couple of releases of Phoenix were related to the Weather APIs that Gemstone is using.

But I would check the installed plugins and see if any are showing up as "disabled". It may be that during the last phoenix update, when sage updated it, it didn't extract it properly, and as a result it isn't installed correctly, which would account for why things are not working.
Old 11-17-2012, 02:09 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
Many plugins depend on Phoenix API or Phoenix Core for many fanart/metadata related operations.
It may be that during the last phoenix update, when sage updated it, it didn't extract it properly, and as a result it isn't installed correctly, which would account for why things are not working.
You got it, stuckless. CMT was enabled, but I disabled it and re-enabled it, and IMDB came back. Must have been something that didn't quite load right when I updated the Phoenix stuff last time. Thanks!
Old 12-01-2012, 06:35 PM
Sage Icon

It has stopped working on my setup also. I have 2 SageTV HD100 extenders and it doesn't work on either of them suddenly.

I'm using the default STV.

Phoenix Core Scvs and Phoenix API 2.3.56 were last updated and that is about the time it stopped working. I was out of town when those updates went live on 11/18 and installed them sometime between Thanksgiving and a few days ago.

When I do an IMDB search either searching for a person from the program info, or going to search IMDB I get:

"Found 0 results for xPerson (or xTitle, etc), (person, title, etc string), in the IMDB". There is a "Search Again" button above that error message

On occasion I've also seen an error message with the URL that it is using for the search listed. When I get this, there is no "Search Again" button, just the Error with the URL and I have to use the back command to get out of that screen.

Again, I'm 99.9% sure this all started when I updated the Phoenix Core and API to 2.3.56. It is the only update/addition I applied near that time.

No other plugins or updates have been applied anywhere near the window when it stopped working other than those 2. And any that were updated/installed didn't knock out the IMDB search. IMDB stuff was working for weeks after any of those updates/installs.

Update: I just saw a message over on the Complimentary MetaData Tools thread saying that IMDB made a change and that an update is needed to CMT's scraping of IMDB results.

Last edited by waynedunham; 12-01-2012 at 06:41 PM.
Old 12-01-2012, 07:51 PM
Sage Aficionado

Same problem here
Old 12-07-2012, 01:48 PM
Sage User

UPDATE: I went trolling through my installed plugins looking for stuff I could remove for potential conflict, and found nielm_sageimdb installed and indicating "Update Available"
Updated that plugin, IMDB searches are working fine now. Cheers.

Same problem. Seems to have stopped working when Phoenix update was installed a few days ago. IMDB searches no longer functioning...anybody have any ideas how to get IMDB working again?

Last edited by kemputer26; 12-07-2012 at 01:57 PM. Reason: Update:
Old 12-07-2012, 02:00 PM
SageTVaholic

Make sure everything is up to date (STV's & plugins). My IMDB searches are still working just fine.
Tuners: 2 x HD-PVR (HTTP tuning), 2 x HDHR, USB-UIRT
Software: SageTV 7
Old 07-03-2013, 05:12 PM
Sage Icon

every GVid trailer Search returns the message:
"No videos were found"
I used to love this feature so I can watch a trailer right from Sage before deciding on what to watch...
I just did a fresh install of Win7 and SageTV and only installed BMT and CMT so I don't think it's a messed up plugin issue.
Anyone else having this issue?
Old 10-13-2013, 07:04 PM
SageTVaholic

I just started having issues with IMDB lookups from the SageTV UI tonight. Anyone else? Error message attached. Sadly, I don't actually know which plugin provides this capability.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2013-10-13 21 56 54.jpg (224.1 KB, 194 views)
Old 10-13-2013, 07:10 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skirge01 View Post
I just started having issues with IMDB lookups from the SageTV UI tonight. Anyone else? Error message attached. Sadly, I don't actually know which plugin provides this capability.
It works fine make sure you have the CMT plugin installed... If you do have it uninstall it and reinstall it.... maybe something got corrupted.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg imdb.jpg (256.3 KB, 201 views)

Last edited by nyplayer; 10-13-2013 at 07:16 PM.
Old 02-21-2014, 12:49 AM
SageTVaholic

Having issues once again. This started after the forums came back online and after the latest webui update, but I'm not sure what precisely caused it. It could be a change on the IMDB website itself. It's specific to looking up actor names, though.

Anyone else able to confirm?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2014-02-21 01 45 33.jpg (178.3 KB, 183 views)
Old 02-21-2014, 12:52 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skirge01 View Post
Having issues once again. This started after the forums came back online and after the latest webui update, but I'm not sure what precisely caused it. It could be a change on the IMDB website itself. It's specific to looking up actor names, though.

Anyone else able to confirm?
I'm seeing the same thing.
Old 02-21-2014, 01:13 PM
Sage Icon

Not at home to check mine but I have noticed that in the past few weeks, the actor bios have disappeared. Everything else seemed to be working fine. Maybe if it's dead now, we can get the whole thing fixed up?
Old 02-22-2014, 12:35 AM
Sage Icon

It's a change on the IMDB web site that has broken it. I've had a quick look at it and it appears as though it might take some time to work through all the changes.

John
Old 02-22-2014, 05:19 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JREkiwi View Post
It's a change on the IMDB web site that has broken it. I've had a quick look at it and it appears as though it might take some time to work through all the changes.

John
Same here, everything seems to work except when you try to get a persons info. Show/movie searches work, and you can list the actors, but if you try to click on one you get the error.

I was hoping it was already fixed. I looked at my plugins and there were two Phoenix files that needed updating and Json. No change, same symptoms.

Thanks for the quick confirmation and I'll await the update.
Old 02-22-2014, 11:18 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JREkiwi View Post

John
Damn you, IMDB!!! Thanks for looking at it, JREkiwi. We will now patiently await your expertise.