SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Gemstone for v7
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Gemstone for v7 This forum is for discussing the user-created Gemstone custom interface for SageTV.

Old 11-14-2012, 12:49 AM
Sage Advanced User

Same Config to All Extenders?

I have 3 externders, one PC client and one Server that are all used for watching TV. Is there a way to have the config be the same on all devices like the original theme?

Great Work BTW!
Old 11-14-2012, 01:26 AM
SageTVaholic

Using gemstone, bring up the options menu on the one you have all configured, and choose Utility -> Import/Export -> Export All. Then, on each of the other extenders, do the same, but choose Import. Works well for extenders. For the client, you will have to copy the exported file off the server onto the client to import. (Though they have said they are going to change this behavior to always look on the server for the file).

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 11-16-2012, 01:21 AM
Sage Expert

I would add that, for the client, you also need to copy all the customized backgrounds you set and the VFSes. I put all my wallpapers in ..\userdata\Gemstone\Wallpapers on the server and share out userdata. Then use Secondcopy to sync the ..\Phoenix\vfs folder, the Gemstone folder (to sync current Gemstone configs from the server) and the wallpaper folder to the client. If you have not bought Secondcopy, I would suggest Syncback for this instead, its a tiny bit better.
Old 11-16-2012, 05:47 AM
Sage Icon

Re the backgrounds, totally true, you will need to centrally share/store them so that all your clients can access them all on the network or physically copy to each client etc... It may be quicker to load them if they are local, jusjoken will have to chime in about that.

Just remember that not everyone will have to share their VFS file and sync it between clients etc. You only need to do this if you have made your own custom VFS file and are not just using the standard ones that are included in the install.

As I have said before, our goal is give the end user the ability to avoid editing VFS files manually, that doesn't mean you can't, just means you will have to do some extra work like syncing between clients etc on you own, and that's certainly fine too.