SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 10-27-2012, 03:52 PM

problem, network stream windows to linux

i'll try to keep this simple. i want to stream tv with my tv tuner from one pc to another. the first pc (the one that has the tv tuner) is my server, and is running sagetv on windows 7. the second is the client, a laptop running linux mint and sagetv placeshifter.

im not sure where the problem is. i suspect it may be on the windows side, as i have problems with it losing the signal when i change channels using sage tv. i dont need to use sagetv on the windows pc, only on the laptop due to the fact that my windows pc already picks up the signal with windows media center just fine. with the laptop, i can get vlc to recognize the tuner when i select capture device, however upon hitting play i get the error code

"Your input can't be opened:
VLC is unable to open the MRL 'dvb-t://frequency=0000:bandwidth=0'. Check the log for details."

any help would be appreciated. i already posted this on the linux mint forums and they dont seem to be able to help me.