SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Gemstone for v7
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Gemstone for v7 This forum is for discussing the user-created Gemstone custom interface for SageTV.

Old 10-26-2012, 10:29 PM
Sage Aficionado

Populating a Flow

So I must be missing something obvious....
I'm trying Gemstone out on one of my clients and I can't get any Flows to populate with any content. I create a new Flow and give it a filter (like including an import path or including the 'TV' media type). But nothing seems to ever show up in my Flows. I've tried choosing "Reload Views" ...not sure if it's necessary but it doesn't seem to help. What am I missing?
Client: Fire TV Stick 4K
Old 10-26-2012, 11:34 PM
Sage Icon

Have of tried just creating the default flows to see how they are setup? You should see your movies and TV shows listed in them.

The Gemstone VFS are setup to work in the way that most of us organize our recordings or movies. Or you can select one of the base VFS and build your own.
Old 10-27-2012, 09:20 AM
Sage Aficionado

Yep, I've added the default flows but they show up empty too. This client was previously running Phoenix...not sure if that would matter.
Old 10-27-2012, 09:33 AM
SageTVaholic

The best place to start is to see if you get media displaying in the BMT Web Interface as it will also use the vfs views that Gemstone/Phoenix use.

Let us know what you see in BMT and then we can work from there.

k
Old 10-27-2012, 09:55 AM
Sage Aficionado

When I look in BMT I see this error:

Quote:
Fri Oct 26 21:08:43 GMT-700 2012 - Phoenix Error

Error in VFS File: .\STVs\Phoenix\vfs\z-gemstone-vfs.xml; C:\Program Files (x86)\SageTV\SageTV\vfs.dtd (The system cannot find the file specified)
Do I need to put a copy of "z-gemstone-vfs.xml" on the server (where BMT is installed but is not running Gemstone)?
Old 10-27-2012, 12:28 PM
SageTVaholic

I think the error is saying it cannot find "C:\Program Files (x86)\SageTV\SageTV\vfs.dtd".

Perhaps you need to pop over to the BMT forum and get it working first as I think this file missing has occurred before (if I remember correctly).

k
Old 10-27-2012, 03:06 PM
Sage Aficionado

You were right! I copied vfs.dtd from the server to "C:\Program Files (x86)\SageTV\SageTV" on the client and now all the views have content. Thanks for your help!
Old 11-08-2012, 03:41 PM
Sage Fanatic

Which option menu gets edited to change the media type/folder that it is pointing at? That's what I haven't been able to figure out.
Old 11-08-2012, 04:27 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naylia View Post
Which option menu gets edited to change the media type/folder that it is pointing at? That's what I haven't been able to figure out.
Not sure I understand the question...do you mean where do you set which media will show inside a flow? If so... Press options while in the flow and select View... And then pick from the first list of predefined flow views for gemstone.

k
Old 11-20-2012, 08:39 PM
Sage Aficionado

I just installed version 1.0182 and I can't get the UserCategory filters to work.

I'm trying to create a kids TV view. I've assigned a 'kids' UserCategory to a few Favorites but when I try to filter (include or exclude) with it, it does not work. I've tried both the Simplified and Inline Flow without any luck.
Old 11-20-2012, 08:52 PM
Sage Icon

I just tried it and it's working for me. I assigned a user defined category to two different kids show called "Kids" and then used the default Simplified Flow with the UserCategory Filters set to "Kids" and include and after backing out of the options menu the only items displayed are the two shows I flagged as "Kids".

Attached Images
File Type: jpg UCFilter_1.jpg (37.3 KB, 417 views)
File Type: jpg UCFilter_2.jpg (32.3 KB, 432 views)
File Type: jpg UCFilter_3.jpg (22.8 KB, 430 views)
File Type: jpg UCFilter_4.jpg (44.4 KB, 406 views)
Old 11-20-2012, 09:17 PM
SageTVaholic

I am getting this error and all my flows are blank NUll... This is a client Install.

Tue Nov 20 19:03:49 GMT-800 2012 - Phoenix Error

Error in VFS File: .\STVs\Phoenix\vfs\z-gemstone-vfs.xml; null

Code:
pri=3;type=10200;time=1353467029544;msg=Error in VFS File: .\\STVs\\Phoenix\\vfs\\z-gemstone-vfs.xml\; null;end=1353467704631;rep=8;Vseverity=3;Vexception=java.lang.NullPointerException
	at sagex.phoenix.vfs.builder.FactoryItemBuilder.startElement(FactoryItemBuilder.java:36)
	at sagex.phoenix.vfs.builder.FiltersBuilder.startElement(FiltersBuilder.java:96)
	at sagex.phoenix.vfs.builder.VFSBuilder.startElement(VFSBuilder.java:113)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.startElement(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.dtd.XMLDTDValidator.startElement(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.scanStartElement(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDriver.next(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl.next(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.next(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XMLParser.parse(Unknown Source)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
	at sagex.phoenix.vfs.builder.VFSBuilder.registerVFSSources(VFSBuilder.java:85)
	at sagex.phoenix.vfs.builder.VFSBuilder.registerVFSSources(VFSBuilder.java:53)
	at sagex.phoenix.vfs.VFSManager.visitConfigurationFile(VFSManager.java:189)
	at sagex.phoenix.common.SystemConfigurationFileManager.visitFiles(SystemConfigurationFileManager.java:100)
	at sagex.phoenix.common.SystemConfigurationFileManager.accept(SystemConfigurationFileManager.java:73)
	at sagex.phoenix.vfs.VFSManager.loadConfigurations(VFSManager.java:202)
	at sagex.phoenix.Phoenix.initServices(Phoenix.java:251)
	at sagex.phoenix.Phoenix.<clinit>(Phoenix.java:83)
	at sagex.phoenix.configuration.proxy.FieldProxy.getProperty(FieldProxy.java:29)
	at sagex.phoenix.configuration.proxy.FieldProxy.get(FieldProxy.java:33)
	at sagex.phoenix.weather.WeatherConfiguration.getUnits(WeatherConfiguration.java:34)
	at sagex.phoenix.weather.worldweather.WorldWeatherWeatherSupport.getUnits(WorldWeatherWeatherSupport.java:126)
	at phoenix.impl.WeatherAPI2.GetUnits(WeatherAPI2.java:297)
	at phoenix.weather2.GetUnits(weather2.java:729)
	at Gemstone.Weather.setUnits(Weather.java:89)
	at Gemstone.Weather.Init(Weather.java:48)
	at Gemstone.api.Load(api.java:57)
	at Gemstone.GemstonePlugin.start(GemstonePlugin.java:90)
	at sage.plugin.a.case(Unknown Source)
	at sage.SageTV.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
;Vtypename=Phoenix Error;Vmessage=Error in VFS File: .\\STVs\\Phoenix\\vfs\\z-gemstone-vfs.xml\; null;Vcode=10200;

Last edited by nyplayer; 11-20-2012 at 09:20 PM.
Old 11-20-2012, 09:21 PM
Sage Icon

Did you see this thread,

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59496

There seems to be a problem installing sagex-api.

Maybe try copying it from a working client to this one.

J
Old 11-20-2012, 09:56 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorton View Post
Did you see this thread,

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59496

There seems to be a problem installing sagex-api.

Maybe try copying it from a working client to this one.

J
I even tried a clean Install Phoenix Core will not extract and other problems with other phoenix parts giving up on it for tonight will try again maybe tomorrow. Replacing the jars does not work because it appears it is not updating the property files when it fails.
Old 11-20-2012, 10:09 PM
Sage Aficionado

I think I'm doing the same thing as you, but when I back out of the options menu after setting the UserCategory filter the flow is empty.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture1.JPG (55.9 KB, 385 views)
File Type: jpg Capture2.JPG (62.7 KB, 393 views)
File Type: jpg Capture3.JPG (52.2 KB, 411 views)
File Type: jpg Capture4.JPG (33.2 KB, 405 views)
Old 11-21-2012, 03:47 PM
Sage Aficionado

Ok. I think I see what I'm doing different. I am assigning the UserCategory to Favorites.....not recordings themselves. When I assigned it to a specific recording it worked.

Is it not expected that it would work when a UserCategory is assigned to a Favorite. Or maybe, because I've now assigned the UserCategory to a few Favorites, all future recordings of these Favorites will get this UserCategory assigned and then they will show up in this Flow?

What I want is a Flow for kids TV shows that is filtered to include a UserCategory assigned to a few Favorites (so I don't have to manually assign it after each time a new episode is recorded) AND also include a specified folder (of TV ripped content). Is this possible?
Old 11-21-2012, 04:28 PM
SageTVaholic

I think that is what you already setup. I do not use UserCategories but if I understand them what you did will assign the kids category to each recording of that favorite and the flow should now show them after they are recorded.

k
Old 11-22-2012, 11:25 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusjoken View Post
I do not use UserCategories but if I understand them what you did will assign the kids category to each recording of that favorite and the flow should now show them after they are recorded.
It does not appear to be working this way for me. A recording that was made by a Favorite that has an assigned User Category is not inheriting that Favorite's assigned User Category? It seems like it should. Maybe I'm missing the point of assigning a User Category to a Favorite?
Old 11-23-2012, 04:33 PM
Sage Aficionado

Ok, I may be getting a little closer to understanding what is going on. There appears to be two kinds of User Category 'tags' (not sure if that's the right word).

The first is a "User Category/Recording" tag which is set on each recording individually.

The second is a "User Category/Favorite" tag which is set on a Favorite and gets passed to recordings that are made by the Favorite.

It looks like the UserCategory filter in Gemstone only pays attention to the "User Category/Recording" tag.

This recording was recorded by a Favorite that had the 'kids' User Category assigned to it. I also manually added the 'kids' User Category to the recording. It shows up in my Flow using the 'kids' UserCategory filter:

This recording was also recorded by a Favorite that had the 'kids' User Category assigned to it but I did not manually add the 'kids' User Category to the recording. It does NOT show up my Flow using the 'kids' UserCategory filter:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture3.JPG (65.1 KB, 354 views)
File Type: jpg Capture4.JPG (72.2 KB, 367 views)
Old 11-23-2012, 10:02 PM
SageTVaholic

Can you open an issue on the issues site with these pics and I will look into fixing this for the next release.

k