SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 10-13-2012, 01:58 PM
SageTVaholic

Has anyone tried the iPassPort wireless mini keyboard?

I've always hesitated in buying a wireless keyboard for my living room HD300 extender since I've never been satisfied with the selection out there.

It looks like I found the best design for my needs. I ordered it right away after seeing it; especially now that Youtube videos is working again.

Very compact shape, backlit keyboard with a learn-able media center remote control on the back side, and an exceptionally good 3-way gyroscope mouse builtin for only about $20 plus shipping and handling on Amazon.

I'm hoping this doesnt have any kind of weird issues with the USB dongle like the Rii mini-keyboard dongle; where it needs a power hub in between the dongle and the extender.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 10-13-2012, 02:45 PM
Sage Icon

Looks pretty interesting, please post an update with your experience after you have received it.
Miscellaneous: Multiple Sony RM-VLZ620 Universal Remote Controls
Old 10-13-2012, 03:08 PM
Sage Expert

Well, I took a shot and ordered a pair of them. I'll let you guys know how well they work ...
Old 10-17-2012, 08:10 PM
SageTVaholic

Thumbs up

It worked perfectly for me! Edit:... well except for the repeated keys (very sensitive keyboard).

Just plug and play. I "learned" all the the mostly-used sageTV remote control buttons on my on the other side of this device. So, I can pretty much do everything with this little device. Fully backlit too.

To my surprise, it allows me to use a mouse arrow on my sageTV extender! I can wave this device around like a Nintendo WII remote Although, it easier for me to just use the navigation buttons on the remote control side of this device (or the arrow keys on the other side).

The only thing I need to get used to. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. There seems to be no delay before it starts to repeat the key you press. So, if you type with heavy fingers, you will see the same key repeated more than once. Under Windows, there's a way to change this delay. I'm not sure if this is something that can be adjusted or not.

Otherwise, this is the best input device I've ever used on a sageTV extender.

If someone has any ideas on how to better handle keys being repeated, I'd like to know.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 10-17-2012, 08:26 PM
Sage Icon

So no weird issue with the USB dongle where it needs a power hub in between the dongle and the extender?
Old 10-17-2012, 08:28 PM
SageTVaholic

Not at all! It just works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithAbbott View Post
So no weird issue with the USB dongle where it needs a power hub in between the dongle and the extender?

***RIP SageTV***
Old 10-17-2012, 08:28 PM
Sage Expert

My keyboards show up today. They took a couple of hours to recharge, but they worked straight away. I tried one on an HD-300, but not an HD-100. I tried using the "mouse" on a PC, but could not get the hang of it. Apparently it has another mode, but I did not consult the confusing and tiny manual. It kind of tough to use to transmit commands, what with the Ctrl-Key keystrokes, but I got it to get around using the on-screen keyboard for searching.

And while the compact size is nice, it's really too small for thumb typing; at least for me, as a person who does not own a mobile phone. I notice the same company makes a few models that are a little larger and has a touchpad. I think that may be a better option, but this will likely get the job done for what I need ...
Old 10-18-2012, 04:32 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchiso View Post
My keyboards show up today. They took a couple of hours to recharge, but they worked straight away. I tried one on an HD-300, but not an HD-100. I tried using the "mouse" on a PC, but could not get the hang of it. Apparently it has another mode, but I did not consult the confusing and tiny manual. It kind of tough to use to transmit commands, what with the Ctrl-Key keystrokes, but I got it to get around using the on-screen keyboard for searching.

And while the compact size is nice, it's really too small for thumb typing; at least for me, as a person who does not own a mobile phone. I notice the same company makes a few models that are a little larger and has a touchpad. I think that may be a better option, but this will likely get the job done for what I need ...
Keep us informed. I'd especially be interested if somehow it magically worked on an HD-100 since I have 2 of them.
Old 10-18-2012, 06:38 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:

Have you experienced any of the key repeat issue that mkanet is?
Old 10-18-2012, 07:18 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynedunham View Post
Keep us informed. I'd especially be interested if somehow it magically worked on an HD-100 since I have 2 of them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithAbbott View Post
Have you experienced any of the key repeat issue that mkanet is?
Did not work with the HD-100, did not have any key-repeat issues with the HD-300s ...
Old 10-20-2012, 05:11 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Did not work with the HD-100, did not have any key-repeat issues with the HD-300s ...
I didn't figure it would work with the HD-100's. I had to put on 3 pair of rose colored glasses just to post that question.