SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 06-15-2004, 06:37 AM
Sage Advanced User

Intelligent Recording

I just got my Anctisys IR200L today from ebay (yay) and so I've set sage to do some Intelligent Recording, upon setting it to enabled should sage begin to record what it think's you'll like? I only have 2 favourites set at the moment, friends and scrubs, is that not enough for it to start recording from because it's not recording anything...

Or does sagetv need a restart for the change to take effect?
Old 06-15-2004, 06:43 AM
Sage Fanatic

Intelligent Recordings show up on the Recording Schedule, so take a look at that and see if anything has been added.
Old 06-15-2004, 06:47 AM
Administrator

How long have you waited? It might take a few minutes for the schedule to be redone & have IR shows added to the schedule. Also, you will get better results if you spend some time marking what you don't like in the schdule & making sure the shows that you watch & like are marked watched afterwards.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 06-15-2004, 07:25 AM
Sage Advanced User

The box has been up a few hours now and it's not scheduled anything by itself. As you said, it's probably due to me not spending much time marking favourites and what not.
Old 06-15-2004, 07:38 AM
Administrator

You are sure IR is turned on & no IR is scheduled? That's strange -- I've never heard of IR finding nothing, but then I don't really know what it will do on a fairly new installation. You could try forcing an EPG update or manually setting some show to record to see if it will go through a reschedule process. I've heard of IR going overboard & recording almost anything, but I haven't heard about it giving up...

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 06-16-2004, 03:32 AM
SageTVaholic

IR takes some time to learn what you like because it relies on your viewing history (both shows marked as watched, and shows you have only partially viewed)...

It will then start recording things with the same title, category/channel, actor, directory etc using a internal secret scoring system with points added for things that have been watched, and subtracted for things marked as 'don't like'

If you have not yet watched anything (other than your favourites), or have not manually set things as 'watched', IR has no viewing history to work from...

Also see this thread: http://forums.freytechnologies.com/f...ighlight=actor
Old 08-08-2004, 07:26 AM
Sage Advanced User

It still hasn't made any educated guesses at what I might like, will fetching categories help at all?
Old 08-08-2004, 08:49 AM
Administrator

Oh! You are using XMLTV for your EPG? What kind of information do you have for each listing? I'm assuming it needs such stuff as list of actors & categories. That could explain why you aren't getting any IR shows. Beyond those comments, I'll leave this for someone familiar with XMLTV.

- Andy
Old 08-08-2004, 09:07 AM
Sage Advanced User

Random snippit from my epgdata.xml

Code:
<programme start="20040808173000 +0100" stop="20040808180000 +0100" channel="livingtv.co.uk">
    <title lang="en">Will and Grace</title>
    <sub-title lang="en">Yours, Mine or Ours</sub-title>
    <desc lang="en">Hit US comedy about two best friends, one straight, one gay. Will and Grace find themselves vying for the affections of a good-looking, sexually ambiguous new tenant - at the expense of their friendship. Karen has to fire her driver.</desc>
    <credits>
      <actor>Eric McCormack</actor>
      <actor>Debra Messing</actor>
      <actor>Megan Mullally</actor>
      <actor>Sean Hayes</actor>
    </credits>
    <category>Sitcoms</category>
    <url>http://www.nbc.com/Will&amp;Grace</url>
  </programme>
  <programme start="20040808180000 +0100" stop="20040808190000 +0100" channel="livingtv.co.uk">
    <title lang="en">Access Hollywood</title>
    <desc lang="en">All the latest news and gossip straight from Hollywood, presented by Tim Vincent and Kate Garraway.</desc>
    <category>Entertainment</category>
  </programme>
  <programme start="20040808190000 +0100" stop="20040808195500 +0100" channel="livingtv.co.uk">
    <title lang="en">Charmed</title>
    <sub-title lang="en">A Witch in Time</sub-title>
    <desc lang="en">Drama series about three sisters who have inherited powers of witchcraft. A warlock arrives from the future, claiming that Cole sent him to kill Phoebe's boyfriend in order to save Phoebe's life.</desc>
    <credits>
      <actor>Holly Marie Combs</actor>
      <actor>Alyssa Milano</actor>
      <actor>Rose McGowan</actor>
    </credits>
    <category>Drama Series</category>
    <url>http://www.thewb.com/charmed</url>
    <url>http://www.livingtv.co.uk/charmed/</url>
  </programme>
Old 08-08-2004, 12:00 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally posted by Spies
It still hasn't made any educated guesses at what I might like, will fetching categories help at all?
I assume you have:
  • watched stuff other than favourites/manual recordings?
  • have IR enabled
Grabbing categories (which it looks like you already do) should help, but if you have only enabled it recently, it will only have an effect after you have watched a few programs with category info..

Without categories, IR will tend to only record programs you have watched, and if you only watch your favourites...

(your XMLTV data looks fine, chech that the categories/actors are showing up when you look at the detailed info for an airing)...
Old 08-08-2004, 01:11 PM
Sage Advanced User

I've got a months worth of watched data, it's recorded Oliver Bene on it's own so I'd guess categories have helped.