SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Gemstone for v7
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Gemstone for v7 This forum is for discussing the user-created Gemstone custom interface for SageTV.

Old 10-08-2012, 06:35 AM
Sage Advanced User

Updated Client from Diamond to Gemstone....

...and now when my client loads up, there are no menu items. When I right click to edit menus, there is a message saying loading menus but it never ever loads up.

I can't even get to setup to revert back to diamond.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 10-08-2012, 07:02 AM
Sage Icon

If you right click on the main menu do you get the options panel? What API and STVi versions are showing?

If you do get the options menu please go to Utility Functions and then Clear Gemstone Settings on the client only.

Did you have ADM installed before upgrading? You may be able to right click and then go into the Menu Manager and then hit ESC/option and turn off Custom Menu to get back to the base menu.

If this is a client you may just want to do a fresh install, probably the easiest way to get back working. There is also a option to install the legacy Diamond plugin is you want to go that way. A lot of things changed with Gemstone from Diamond including the integration of some plugins etc...

J
Old 10-08-2012, 07:17 AM
Sage Advanced User

I don't have ADM installed on any of my machines. I can't tell what API or STVi are running after the update because I can't get to any menu selectable options like in setup.

I just see a blank screen. I'm in process of doing a system restore to the last restore pt before this update. Hopefully that will get me back and I can try it again.

FYI: I've always updated everything when an update is made available.
Old 10-08-2012, 07:23 AM
Sage Icon

I'm not sure we've seen the all blank menu issue before. Please keep us posted.

Thanks.
Old 10-08-2012, 07:24 AM
Sage Advanced User

Ok. A restore got my menus back. I just update to gemstone. There is a gemstone menu option. I should load the Gemstone UI correct?
Old 10-08-2012, 07:31 AM
Sage Advanced User

Well, back to blank menus again once I switched to the Gemstone UI. I guess I'll just try a clean install. Grrrrrrr.
Old 10-08-2012, 07:38 AM
Sage Icon

The menu item you originally see loads the Gemstone.xml STV file instead of the Sagetv7.xml STV file. Yes, you want to load it, but not good that your menu disappears and doesn't load...
Old 10-08-2012, 07:59 AM
SageTVaholic

That happens to me when the Client starts before the server is ready... for some reason. The left side has no menu Items. I just wait a while and restart the client by then the server should be ready .. (which is hard to do no Exit showing on menu) and it works OK. Both my client and server are 64 bit.

Last edited by nyplayer; 10-08-2012 at 08:37 AM.
Old 10-08-2012, 08:15 AM
Sage Advanced User

I thought that was it as well. However, I've exited the client sage so it wasn't running. turned off the sage server. started it back up. started up the client and still not menu items. i think i'm gonna have to reinstall the client.

When I updated the server to gemstone everything works as it should. I haven't tried my HD300 yet. I'll try that when I get home.
Old 10-08-2012, 09:40 AM
Sage Advanced User

a fresh install of the client works now.. thanks
Old 10-08-2012, 09:56 AM
SageTVaholic

The most common cause of client related issues is something looking for a file on the server instead. In my experience, the client should almost NEVER be looking tot he server for any files. The only exception to this, is actually NOT implemented in gemstone - I think the import/export functionality should be via server filesystem calls, and NOT the client. That way you could export on one client, and import on the others... currently, you have to copy the files manually from client to client.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 10-08-2012, 11:39 AM
Sage Advanced User

What other calls to the server could my client be making except for fanart, movie info, and the movies themselves?
Old 10-08-2012, 01:37 PM
Sage Advanced User

Well, regardless of what calls are made to the server. Everything is working as they should now with the clean client install. Hopefully the HD300 update will be smoother.
Old 10-08-2012, 02:06 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
The most common cause of client related issues is something looking for a file on the server instead. In my experience, the client should almost NEVER be looking tot he server for any files. The only exception to this, is actually NOT implemented in gemstone - I think the import/export functionality should be via server filesystem calls, and NOT the client. That way you could export on one client, and import on the others... currently, you have to copy the files manually from client to client.
Add an issue on the issues list and I should be able to add this.

k
Old 10-08-2012, 03:03 PM
SageTVaholic

Yeah, Just really noticed it last week, and then went out of town. I'll get it onto the issues list at some point.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 10-08-2012, 03:03 PM
Sage Advanced User

Correction. Everything works except for the phoenix fanart. No matter what I do, it doesn't update or show any posters or backgrounds.
Old 10-08-2012, 04:08 PM
Sage Icon

Do you have your fanart location setup?

Once you set the location you will need to clear the memory cache and then clear the file system cache then run "prebuild cache".

It should be fine from this point forward.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg FanartSetup.jpg (29.8 KB, 464 views)
Old 10-08-2012, 05:51 PM
Sage Advanced User

Yup. I did all those. It locks up with the first movie.
server upgrade to gemstone as well as on the hd300 went smoothly.
Old 10-08-2012, 06:24 PM
Sage Icon

If you are meaning on the precache step you may want to delete the fanart for that movie as it may be corrupt and causing the image caching to lock.

J
Old 10-08-2012, 06:38 PM
Sage Advanced User

I forgot how to do that. Where do I do that? And how?

Sorry about all the trouble. Thanks for your patience and help.

EDIT: nevermind. I don't know reading comprehension anymore. I'll give that a try. I'll delete the fanart and see if everything else caches.

Last edited by t4runnr; 10-08-2012 at 07:04 PM.