SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 09-30-2012, 07:17 PM
Sage User

Not Sure Why..

I have SageTV V. 7.1.9 running.... everything is great!!.. just got a new Hauppauge Colossus because i wanted to move to HD

That said... althought the card is installed and the OS Sees it... Sage continues to say that there are NO encoder cards present..

Thoughts anyone?

Cheers
Hotliner

Configuration
Win 7 64bit SP1
8 GB Ram
SageTV 7.1.9
Old 09-30-2012, 07:33 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotliner View Post
I have SageTV V. 7.1.9 running.... everything is great!!.. just got a new Hauppauge Colossus because i wanted to move to HD

That said... althought the card is installed and the OS Sees it... Sage continues to say that there are NO encoder cards present..

Thoughts anyone?

Cheers
Hotliner

Configuration
Win 7 64bit SP1
8 GB Ram
SageTV 7.1.9
Check the sage.properties file and make sure your encoder card is not set to be ignored.

look in this line.

mmc/ignore_encoders=Motorola AV/C Tuner Device|NVIDIA DualTV YUV Capture|SoundMAX Digital Audio|NVIDIA DualTV YUV Capture 2|Motorola AV/C Panel Device|
Old 09-30-2012, 09:01 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
Check the sage.properties file and make sure your encoder card is not set to be ignored.

look in this line.

mmc/ignore_encoders=Motorola AV/C Tuner Device|NVIDIA DualTV YUV Capture|SoundMAX Digital Audio|NVIDIA DualTV YUV Capture 2|Motorola AV/C Panel Device|

Ok... found the line... and the Colosus is in there...
mmc/ignore_encoders=NVIDIA DualTV YUV Capture|Hauppauge Colossus Capture 0|HD Audio Muxed capture|NVIDIA DualTV YUV Capture 2|

So do i simply remove the "|Hauppauge Colossus Capture 0"

Cheers
Hotliner
Old 09-30-2012, 09:21 PM
SageTVaholic

Yes
Old 10-01-2012, 07:01 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotliner View Post
Ok... found the line... and the Colosus is in there...
mmc/ignore_encoders=NVIDIA DualTV YUV Capture|Hauppauge Colossus Capture 0|HD Audio Muxed capture|NVIDIA DualTV YUV Capture 2|

So do i simply remove the "|Hauppauge Colossus Capture 0"

Cheers
Hotliner
Yes, but make sure you have SageTV/SageTV Service shut down when you open/edit sage.properties. You probably already knew that, and if so, accept my apologies.
Old 10-01-2012, 07:04 AM
SageTVaholic

Had the same thing happen when I installed my second colossus. The driver finished installing after sage service had already started. Restarting the service resolved the issue.
Theater: nVidia Shield TV, mini client, Plex for movies, 120" screen. Mitsubishi HC4000. Denon X4300H. 7.4.4 speaker setup.
Old 10-01-2012, 07:43 AM
Sage User

Thanks everyone!

I did try it last night.. with the service off.. I'd remove the section and restart the service.... only to see that the section was added to the properties again.

THEN... I notice a "backup" file.. I edited that and the main properties file with the service off.

Started the service and once again it was not seeing the card. SOOOOO i looked at the properties again.. and the exclusion is once again there.. *SIGH*

am i missing something here.. is it worth while mentioning that I upgraded from 6 -7 with the SageTV.exe and service exe that were provided here.

is it possible that I have more than one properties file.. and they are "feeding" off each other. I really want to get this card working.

Thanks in advance for any help!!!

Hotliner
Old 10-01-2012, 08:47 AM
SageTVaholic

I would first Shutdown the server then delete the sage properties backup ... then I would fully delete that Ignore line ... Sage should create it but maybe it will not ignore your tuner.
Old 10-01-2012, 09:47 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
I would first Shutdown the server then delete the sage properties backup ... then I would fully delete that Ignore line ... Sage should create it but maybe it will not ignore your tuner.
Thanks!!! I'll give it a try tonight...

Nyplayer.. I noticed that you're using the HomeRun .. how do you like it? was considering getting one. Though I'm not sure it will be able to function up here in Canada. I'm with Rogers Cable and they use Scientific Atlanta boxes not with cards.

So my question to you.. would it be worth my while getting one?

Thanks again for all the help guys!!!

Cheers
Hotliner

Last edited by Hotliner; 10-01-2012 at 09:55 AM. Reason: Grammar... lol