SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Gemstone for v7
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Gemstone for v7 This forum is for discussing the user-created Gemstone custom interface for SageTV.

Old 09-26-2012, 09:25 PM
Sage Expert

Banners don't load until highlighted

So this is still happening to me.

Series banners in my TV views are black until I highlight or pass over them. Then I can go out and back into those menus and they work. But if I don't go back in for a bit, It does it again.

I have pre-built my cache.
Old 09-29-2012, 01:33 AM
Sage Advanced User

Same thing happening here.
Old 09-29-2012, 05:27 AM
SageTVaholic

Do you guys see this only on Banner based flows? Are you using Sage Flow or Simplified? Do posters in say the List Flow or Inline Flow show properly?

This will help narrow down the issue... More info the better.

Thanks
k
Old 09-29-2012, 09:33 AM
Sage Expert

For me it only happened on views that were brought over from Diamond. When I changed to Flows, it no longer was an issue.
Old 09-29-2012, 11:06 AM
Sage Advanced User

same here only on views from before. i only use flow for movies.
Old 09-29-2012, 12:20 PM
Sage Icon

Last fall we made a group decision to move on from making any more major changes to the old TV view code (that was getting very busy) and create Phoenix based VFS flows that could handle TV and Movies.

Please try the Sage Flow or Simplified Flows and if there is a particular feature you are missing that you would like us to look at adding then report it here,

http://code.google.com/p/gemstone/issues/list

We are trying to make the Flows the new basis for navigating TV and Movie content and make it very customizable so you can have pretty much what ever look you want. The integration of ADM into Gemstone is there so you can pretty much build a new menu structure with all the TV and Movie Flows where you want them etc...

Personally I don't really notice the banner issue on my clients but I am using SSD's on my clients so the refreshes are pretty fast.

That being said if there is a bug there we will do our best to work it out.

J

Last edited by jorton; 09-29-2012 at 12:39 PM.
Old 09-30-2012, 12:56 PM
Sage Advanced User

Lightbulb

I changed only the banners to NOQUEUE and then they all came up fine and stayed. I only use these old views because i need the filter by USER CATEGORIES for all the different family members recordings to be kept separate.Once this is implemented i will use sage flows for these. Thanks for all the work you guys have put into this, it is great.
Old 10-02-2012, 07:23 AM
Sage Icon

Changed to BYIMAGETYPE and set Banners only to NOQUE (what does that mean?) and it fixed the problem here as well. I also like the stock Recorded TV section...make flows *identical* and I'll switch.

P
Old 10-02-2012, 05:05 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianrent View Post
I changed only the banners to NOQUEUE and then they all came up fine and stayed. I only use these old views because i need the filter by USER CATEGORIES for all the different family members recordings to be kept separate.Once this is implemented i will use sage flows for these. Thanks for all the work you guys have put into this, it is great.
Thanks for finding this as this clearly shows there is a bug in the banner code so I will look at it...can someone create an issue so I don't forget.

The noque option just means that the images are retrieved from the cache directly and the system waits for this to happen so it could slow the UI down. Once I fix banners to do the queuing properly like the others you can switch back.

k