SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 09-02-2012, 11:53 PM
Sage Advanced User

Server claiming drive full when its not

My sagetv server (V7 on win7 64bit) using the service control, has suddenly started telling me the drive with my sagetv recording directory is full (2TB drive with 1TB free).

If I create a new subdirectory on that drive, and move all the files from the current subdirectory to the new one, then show the new directory as the recording directory, and remove the old one, it will start working again for a month or so, then say the drive is full again.

Does anyone know the cause/cure for this?
Old 09-03-2012, 08:37 PM
Sage Advanced User

In the Video Recording directories settings there is a diskspace usage rule. Maybe you have it set to leave that much available?
Old 09-08-2012, 06:47 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclenney View Post
In the Video Recording directories settings there is a diskspace usage rule. Maybe you have it set to leave that much available?
It is set to use all space.
Interestingly enough, when this happens, if I use the file system option to go to that drive, it has a red X on it, like Sage doesnt even know the drive is connected. Windows, however, sees it fine, and it passes all chkdsk tests. This all on the same computer.
Old 09-09-2012, 05:25 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by davenlr View Post
My sagetv server (V7 on win7 64bit) using the service control, has suddenly started telling me the drive with my sagetv recording directory is full (2TB drive with 1TB free).

If I create a new subdirectory on that drive, and move all the files from the current subdirectory to the new one, then show the new directory as the recording directory, and remove the old one, it will start working again for a month or so, then say the drive is full again.

Does anyone know the cause/cure for this?
Check your Java Heap usage. I have seen that before and each time my Java Heap usage was at or very near the high limit.
I'm running the Sage Service on a WHS (old WHS, not the new one) machine. Shutting down the service and restarting has always got the drive free space reported by SageTv to be back where it belongs.
Old 09-09-2012, 05:35 PM
SageTVaholic

That happened to me recently and it turned out to be because the UNC paths I was using for my recording drives stopped working in Sage for no good reason. I needed to go in and change them to absolute paths and things started working again.

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)
Old 09-21-2013, 02:19 PM
Sage Advanced User

Evilpenquin's solution worked for me as well.
I removed the URI shared recording directories and replaced them with references to Windows mapped drives (to the same folders) and the video diskspace remaining is now accurate.

Prior to that, Sage was getting confused and reporting a ridiculously low number even when my local drives (not the URI based ones) had lots of free space.
Sage 7.1.9, Java Java 1.7.0_75, Windows 8.1, Athlon X4 620, 4GB, Hauppauge 950Q, ATI 650HD video encoder with IR/Blaster, Radeon 5450, HDMI out, TV is primary monitor, Plex Plug-in serves up to mobile devices/PS3/WiiU just fine

Last edited by amac; 09-21-2013 at 02:21 PM.