SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 08-22-2012, 07:20 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by emveepee View Post
It simply scans a ts file for continuity errors, however it really isn't something I'd release at least at this state, I guess if you are interested I could clean it up, just let me know.
So, it wouldn't catch what I described? I don't know what a "continuity error" includes.

Quote:
I actually don't use SageTV, it runs in the NextPVR PostProcess.bat file that runs on conclusion.

Martin
While I'm confident I can get SJQ to trigger something after a recording is finished, I was curious what your method was, just in case I couldn't get SJQ to work. Obviously, your trigger method won't work for me, though.
Tuners: 2 x HD-PVR (HTTP tuning), 2 x HDHR, USB-UIRT
Software: SageTV 7
Old 08-22-2012, 07:21 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanger89 View Post
That's the bitrate of the source, and with a pristine source (like Dish or the cablecos get) you can pretty easily encode that low. Problem is by the time it gets to us, we have to contend with the compression artifacts created by their encoding, which makes the bitrate requirements higher for us than for them, and our encoders are generally not as good as theirs so that makes it worse too.
Very true. I'm used to thinking of bitrate when it comes to OTA. When all you have to do is capture the stream it takes out a few steps. I wonder how many times the stream is re-encoded from production-to directv-to us. I know there are many more steps in there, but it would be interesting to see.
Theater: nVidia Shield TV, mini client, Plex for movies, 120" screen. Mitsubishi HC4000. Denon X4300H. 7.4.4 speaker setup.
Old 08-22-2012, 07:23 AM
SageTVaholic

Am I wrong in thinking this new HD-PVR won't work with SageTV without someone (Google, at this point; clearly, quite unlikely) making changes to the SageTV code?
Old 08-22-2012, 10:55 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skirge01 View Post
Am I wrong in thinking this new HD-PVR won't work with SageTV without someone (Google, at this point; clearly, quite unlikely) making changes to the SageTV code?
That would depend on the driver support, and if it looks like a standard HDPVR or not. If it looks like a new tunner type, I would think it will not work for Sage and as you say, need some Google intervention.
Old 08-22-2012, 03:29 PM
Sage Aficionado

I expect it will work with SGraphRecorder.

Martin
Old 08-22-2012, 04:49 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skirge01 View Post
This sounds pretty handy. What does it check for? For example, would it pick up on the fact that my satellite signal went out that night and recorded a "searching for satellite" message with long gaps in audio and a bouncing DTV logo for an hour instead? If so, I'd love to give your program a try. Our household seems to watch programs similarly to how you do (long after they've aired), so knowing that something went wrong and needs to be rescheduled is much more useful when you know it right away.
I have similar issues when, unbeknownst to me, a cable STB switches off, or when the audio dies, which seems to happen to my SD STB when it sits on the same channel for too long. So I wrote an SJQ script which runs the Sage recording files through Comskip and parses out the average volume and average brightness from the Comskip output. This then sends an alert via Sagealert (which triggers an email to me) and I also power toggle the STB wehn aversge brightness is really low as it means the box is off and I just recorded a black screen, and a channel change and change back when I detect low/no audio.

Do you want me to post a link to this code - I think I posted it in the SJQv4 thread.
Old 08-22-2012, 05:02 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
I have similar issues when, unbeknownst to me, a cable STB switches off, or when the audio dies, which seems to happen to my SD STB when it sits on the same channel for too long. So I wrote an SJQ script which runs the Sage recording files through Comskip and parses out the average volume and average brightness from the Comskip output. This then sends an alert via Sagealert (which triggers an email to me) and I also power toggle the STB wehn aversge brightness is really low as it means the box is off and I just recorded a black screen, and a channel change and change back when I detect low/no audio.

Do you want me to post a link to this code - I think I posted it in the SJQv4 thread.
Damn you guys moving on to SJQ4! I haven't dug in and upgraded yet as SJQ3 has... so far... done everything I needed. I don't think I'm ready to tackle the drastic change to SJQ4 yet. I think that will need to wait until I finish the server upgrade, so I don't change too much prior to the move to VMs. I will definitely keep this in mind, though, for when I do make the move. Thanks for the offer!
Old 08-22-2012, 08:00 PM
SageTVaholic

You can probably accomplish the same task without SJQv4. You just have to kick off Comskip, which can be done in many ways, parse the Comskip log file and then take some action if there is a problem. It could be done in Java, a batch file, etc.
Old 08-22-2012, 08:29 PM

Quote:
What is the diff between the regular and the gaming edition?
Let see
1080p Recording over HDMI
HDMI passthrough
May guset would be it new all chipset maybe the Ambarella A6 or ViXS XCode 4200 Series after all I belive older one didn't support 1080p
There is one more new product coming out by Hauppauge called StreamEez

Last edited by SHS; 08-22-2012 at 08:50 PM.
Old 08-23-2012, 08:01 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
You can probably accomplish the same task without SJQv4. You just have to kick off Comskip, which can be done in many ways, parse the Comskip log file and then take some action if there is a problem. It could be done in Java, a batch file, etc.
I have SJQ3 triggering the comskip, based on some conditions. I haven't looked into it, but I'm guessing I could get SJQ3 to also trigger some other batch file. I'm certainly no programmer (reason I'm still on SJQ3, actually), but if SJQ3's docs can lead me in the right direction, I'm sure I'll figure it out... maybe with some of your help thrown in.

I'll take a look this weekend and see what I can figure out on my own. I'm sure I'll be back.
Old 08-23-2012, 08:44 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHS View Post
Let see
1080p Recording over HDMI
HDMI passthrough
May guset would be it new all chipset maybe the Ambarella A6 or ViXS XCode 4200 Series after all I belive older one didn't support 1080p
There is one more new product coming out by Hauppauge called StreamEez
Can you shed some light on what SteamEez is? Also do you know if this new HD-PVR2 will list itself as an HD-PVR as far as Sage is concerned?
Old 08-23-2012, 08:48 AM
SageTVaholic

HD PVR 2!

anyone want to be a guinea pig? or is there some reason why this may not work with Sage...

http://hauppauge.com/site/products/d...r2-gaming.html

* merged *

speedy.
Sage 9 server = Gigabyte AMD quad-core - 4 gigs - integrated ATI HD4200 chipset - SSD boot, Hitachi Deskstar show drives. HD-PVR - Colossus - Win7 32 bit. HD200/300’s networked. HDHomerun tuner. "If you've given up on Weird Al, you've given up on life" - Homer Simpson

Last edited by tvmaster2; 08-23-2012 at 09:06 AM.
Old 08-23-2012, 09:07 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithAbbott View Post
Instead of spending their money developing new HD-PVRs, maybe Hauppauge should spend the money getting the existing HD-PVRs to work reliably. Just sayin'...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash69 View Post
You have no idea how much I agree with you!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by emveepee View Post
I use an HDPVR (albeit with NextPVR) and I decided to record and watch "The Big Bang Theory" since I haven't yet and so far this month I have recorded 57 episodes component/ac3 with zero errors and I have never powered off my STB or the HDPVR. I have been using it for 2+ years for recording and live tv and have had no complaints. I'm looking forward to the HDPVR2 for HDMI needs plus I am hoping the 1080p offers good deinterlacing of 1080i

Martin
I've been using dual HD-PVRs for over 2 years now... I've recorded 1000s of shows, and I can count on one hand the number of failed shows. I guess I've been lucky.

I did have a couple errors last year, but it turned out that my adapter for the HDPVR was faulty and it was resulting in a few errors. After replacing the adapters, I've had no issues.

The best thing about this new hdpvr for me is that I may be able to pick up a couple of other "old" hdpvrs for cheap
Old 08-23-2012, 09:18 AM

SteamEez is Video Streamer like Xsplit with HDPVR
It had same Chipset as the HD-PVR 2 Gaming Edition but it case is much diff which is aluminum housing

Last edited by SHS; 08-23-2012 at 11:30 AM.
Old 08-23-2012, 09:50 AM

Just find out that it come with all new chipset called Magnum DXTPro Encoder we see when it get here any way and I try to see I can get it to work with SageTV as well
Old 08-23-2012, 01:05 PM
SageTVaholic

doesn't appear to have spdif
Sage 9 server = Gigabyte AMD quad-core - 4 gigs - integrated ATI HD4200 chipset - SSD boot, Hitachi Deskstar show drives. HD-PVR - Colossus - Win7 32 bit. HD200/300’s networked. HDHomerun tuner. "If you've given up on Weird Al, you've given up on life" - Homer Simpson
Old 08-23-2012, 06:36 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvmaster2 View Post
doesn't appear to have spdif
Maybe on the dongle with the component video input.
Old 08-23-2012, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by briands View Post
Maybe on the dongle with the component video input.
There is no S/PDIF in Optical Cable nor Coaxial Cable
Old 08-23-2012, 07:21 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHS View Post
There is no S/PDIF in Optical Cable nor Coaxial Cable
sooo then...are we to assume the analogue hole just got plugged up? An HD-PVR without component/spdif is no use to me...ooo - stereo!
Old 08-24-2012, 01:00 PM

Long time lurker here, wanted to say thanks to the group for such informative posts.

I was just about ready to get an HD PVR but then caught the news of the upgrade:

http://www.amazon.com/Hauppauge-HD-P...ywords=hdpvr+2

I'm not the smartest guy on the block so bear with me. I'm planning on producing my own show for public access and want to have a YouTube Channel for episodes. But with the StreamEez that was mentioned above, I can gain live streaming? Like posting to UStream? Is that it?

Not sure why anyone would buy an HD PVR2 if they can get a StreamEez,which handles both record and then pass live as well. Unless the two are different quality 1080i/1080P?

Am I missing something?