SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 10-09-2012, 12:43 PM
Sage Advanced User

Cool. Thanks.. Good to know about the possible BD issue.. I'm also looking at one of these.. I believe it has a lot more CPU horsepower -- at least I believe.. but has some fan issues per the comments.
Old 10-09-2012, 01:14 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by panteragstk View Post
I have used it and it works just fine for netflix. I use the WMC interface without any issues. I'm still trying to figure out some strangeness with some blu-rays. Some of mine play perfectly, others freak out and start playing choppy. It seems to be software related. I haven't had enough time to play around with it just yet.
There are VC-1 and H.264 encoded video. The ones that play weird aren't the VC-1 ones, are they?
Server #1= AMD A10-5800, 8G RAM, F2A85-M PRO, 12TB, HDHomerun Prime, HDHR, Colossus (Playback - HD-200)
Server #2= AMD X2 3800+, 2G RAM, M2NPV-VM, 2TB, 3x HDHR OTA (Playback - HD-200)
Old 10-09-2012, 01:46 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by osx-addict View Post
With the Foxconn A3700 box (or 3500 probably) are any of you capable of streaming netflix (in Windoze -- not using playon or anything like that) via hardwired ethernet (no wifi) and have it display OK (no lossy/jitter/skipped frames)? I'm under the impression that the hardware is a little low-powered for that since it requires MS silverlight which I gather eats a fair amount of CPU.
Quote:
Originally Posted by panteragstk View Post
I have used it and it works just fine for netflix. I use the WMC interface without any issues. I'm still trying to figure out some strangeness with some blu-rays. Some of mine play perfectly, others freak out and start playing choppy. It seems to be software related. I haven't had enough time to play around with it just yet.
You could also try one of these (if you don't need wireless). Homsi's review even mentions the A3700 box. I'm assuming the wireless card was removed and the Broadcom decoder put in it's place.
Old 10-09-2012, 01:52 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHelm View Post
There are VC-1 and H.264 encoded video. The ones that play weird aren't the VC-1 ones, are they?
Yep. vc-1. The odd thing is, it isn't all of them. Sage plays most everything perfectly, I'm trying to get mpc-hc to work since sage isn't ever going to support bd subs.
Theater: nVidia Shield TV, mini client, Plex for movies, 120" screen. Mitsubishi HC4000. Denon X4300H. 7.4.4 speaker setup.
Old 10-10-2012, 08:06 AM
Sage Advanced User

Yes, you are correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclenney View Post
I hate to ask such a newbie question since I've been using SageTV for 8 years, but here goes: It is my understanding that you must have a SageTV Client license for all three of those SageTV extender PCs. Is my understanding correct? Thanks.
Old 10-10-2012, 08:09 AM
Sage Advanced User

We stream Netflix and Amazon Video on Demand often without problems. Some nights, mainly weekend nights, we will get a buffer condition but I think it is due to the crappy TWC service not the hardware.

Quote:
Originally Posted by osx-addict View Post
With the Foxconn A3700 box (or 3500 probably) are any of you capable of streaming netflix (in Windoze -- not using playon or anything like that) via hardwired ethernet (no wifi) and have it display OK (no lossy/jitter/skipped frames)? I'm under the impression that the hardware is a little low-powered for that since it requires MS silverlight which I gather eats a fair amount of CPU.
Old 10-11-2012, 01:08 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrandon View Post
I'm using the Auvisio VRC-1100 plugin in EventGhost. I think I tried other remote plugins but this one seemed to do the best job for me. Some keys do not map they way you may want them to work, what you can do is remap the key what you want. Example, the * key on the VRC-1100 I map to Recording Schedule. Transport keys work correctly. The Harmony One has a lot more keys than the VRC-1100 so it takes some creative thinking to get all the functions to work the way you may want. I can send you my config file so you can look through it, PM me.
I just found it weird that the physical play button on the Auvision remote shows the same input in EG as pause. I used the toggle command you pointed out - thanks.

Quote:
Harmony software I selected media center computer.
I haven't bought another Harmony yet (is refurb = gross on a remote??), but what DEVICE in the Logitech software did you select? You mean MCE (MediaCenter) I guess, right? Not a SageTV HDxxx remote I gather?

Finally, still figuring out EG in the small pockets of time. Is EG better than Girdir, or just free-er? I'm new to IR.
Old 10-12-2012, 08:10 AM
Sage Advanced User

I had used EG before and kinka knew it so stuck with it. I looked at Girdir and it is very nice but like you say EV is free (donation).

I recently purchased a Harmony One refurb, it is just like a new one. Case shows no wear, scratches or other damage, screen is bright and clear. I got one and Logitech had not put the serial number in their data base so I could not connect with it. They replaced it quickly and all shipping was on them so I cannot complain. Watch and they will sometimes have them for half price of a new one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomahawk51 View Post
I haven't bought another Harmony yet (is refurb = gross on a remote??), but what DEVICE in the Logitech software did you select? You mean MCE (MediaCenter) I guess, right? Not a SageTV HDxxx remote I gather?

Finally, still figuring out EG in the small pockets of time. Is EG better than Girdir, or just free-er? I'm new to IR.
Old 10-12-2012, 10:04 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Yes, you are correct.

Ugh.. thought so. Sage should give them away since we cannot buy them any more. Thanks for the answer
Old 10-12-2012, 11:48 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclenney View Post
Ugh.. thought so. Sage should give them away since we cannot buy them any more. Thanks for the answer
Yes, you can. Check the Marketplace.
Tuners: 2 x HD-PVR (HTTP tuning), 2 x HDHR, USB-UIRT
Software: SageTV 7
Old 10-12-2012, 11:54 AM
Sage Aficionado

OK - A Harmony One Refurb, from Logitech and not a sleazy 3rd party, might be acceptable then - thanks. I just don't want all the grossness that a remote *could* transmit...

Now, I noticed that they have a Harmony Touch out now. I'm looking at it, and thinking I'd much rather keep using the One to have actual buttons vs. looking down every time I want to do something.

Anyone have any selling points for me to consider the Touch over the One though?
Old 10-13-2012, 08:49 AM
Sage Advanced User

Of course newer is always better... I looked at the Touch thinking it would be neat but like you say you must look at the device to hit the correct button. Biggest determent to me was the transport keys are at the top making it hard to hold, and I like the hard keys for majority of the functions but really like the soft (touch screen) keys for the added ones specific to the device it is controlling. So far the One is the best I have found for my use.

I have a tablet and have configured a remote app for it to control everything in our Fun Room but it is a constant look down, look up so it does not get used much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomahawk51 View Post
Now, I noticed that they have a Harmony Touch out now. I'm looking at it, and thinking I'd much rather keep using the One to have actual buttons vs. looking down every time I want to do something.

Anyone have any selling points for me to consider the Touch over the One though?
Old 10-13-2012, 12:24 PM
SageTVaholic

Went ahead and ordered one of these to help with the video decoding. If vc-1 decoding worked I wouldn't need it, but it should help things considerably from what I've read. Glad the a3700 had a mini pcie slot available.

EDIT: Well, I'm a moron. Shouldn't have bought the Crystal HD. Turns out the realtek driver that comes with the unit is bad. Updating the driver solved all my playback issues. I'll still test the Crystal HD, but I don't think I need it. Wifi performance on this thing isn't very good, but I'm inclined to believe that my router is to blame.
Theater: nVidia Shield TV, mini client, Plex for movies, 120" screen. Mitsubishi HC4000. Denon X4300H. 7.4.4 speaker setup.

Last edited by panteragstk; 10-13-2012 at 08:11 PM.