SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

View Poll Results: Would you like this working on the HD100 as well?
Yes, by giving 24/7 internet access to a HD100 for development 10 83.33%
No 2 16.67%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-10-2012, 07:41 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
Let me know if you need help with making the plugin.
Thanks Tom, you have done it already...your "Commercial Detector" plugin implementation I found in CodeGoogle (hope you don't mind) is my Bible

Eddy

Automatic Power Off | Squeezeslave | DVB-S Importer | DVB Decrypter & Card Client | Tuner Preroll

Every man is a damn fool for at least five minutes every day; wisdom consists in not exceeding the limit. ~ Elbert Hubbard
Old 01-10-2012, 07:44 PM
Sage Icon

Count me in on the HD100, too!

Though I seem to be the only one having trouble getting it to work. I have tried on both on an HD200 and HD300. I must be missing something.
Old 01-10-2012, 07:50 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by briands View Post
Though I seem to be the only one having trouble getting it to work. I have tried on both on an HD200 and HD300. I must be missing something.
Have you tried my suggestion to statically specify the Squeeze Server IP address in the "upload-smb" script? Also is your HD200 running the latest (non beta) firmware?

Automatic Power Off | Squeezeslave | DVB-S Importer | DVB Decrypter & Card Client | Tuner Preroll

Every man is a damn fool for at least five minutes every day; wisdom consists in not exceeding the limit. ~ Elbert Hubbard

Last edited by routerunner; 01-10-2012 at 07:54 PM.
Old 01-10-2012, 08:12 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by routerunner View Post
Have you tried my suggestion to statically specify the Squeeze Server IP address in the "upload-smb" script? Also is your HD200 running the latest (non beta) firmware?
Still no joy? I need to have access to you unit to do some research. Is it possible for you to hook the HD200 on the DMZ port of your router for me to investigate? Is it a bit late here (2:00AM), but if you manage to do it today I can make some time tomorrow to look at it. If you can, please PM your public internet address.

Eddy

Old 01-10-2012, 08:12 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Yes, I hardcoded the IP for both the HD200 and the server.

I have firmware 20100909 0 installed.

I have also tried on the HD300 (changing the IP appropriately).

Any other suggestions?
Old 01-10-2012, 08:17 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Yes, I hardcoded the IP for both the HD200 and the server.

I have firmware 20100909 0 installed.

I have also tried on the HD300 (changing the IP appropriately).

Any other suggestions?
Yes, please see my previous post...we wrote it at exactly the same time...

Old 01-10-2012, 08:31 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Yes, please see my previous post...we wrote it at exactly the same time...
PM on the way... thanks for your help.
Old 01-11-2012, 05:07 AM
Sage Icon

IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ CAREFULLY

"briands" couldn't make this plugin working for both HD200 and HD300, so I ask him to provide access to his unit for investigation and once logged in I knew what the problem was. So this is a guide on how to temporary solve this issue that could potentially affect other users, so please read carefully.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Because the HD200 and HD300 hardware is different it requires different Linux kernel drivers compiled for different Linux version to make this plug in working properly and this is the reason why there are two tarballs, named respectively:

sagesqueezeslave.STP-HD200.tar (for the HD200)
sagesqueezeslave.tango3.tar (for the HD300)

the file's middle name is the standard extender's "hostname" used on the different platform. Now, if sometimes you're running the extender in stand alone mode and if you have more than one extender running simultaneously, you might want to change the extender hostname in order to distinguish the two in the network shares and this is exactly what "briands" did on his setup.

Unfortunately the current plug in implementation doesn't work if you do that as it uses the extender's hostname to determine the right software to upload, so as temporary workaround I suggest to make a duplicate and rename the tarballs changing the middle name to match your extender hostname if you have a non standard one, example:

One of "briands" HD200 has the hostname "SERVER2", so he must go in "SageTV\SageTV\plugins\sagesqueezeslave" directory and make a copy of the file "sagesqueezeslave.STP-HD200.tar" into "sagesqueezeslave.SERVER2.tar".

Same thing applies if you have an HD300 with a non standard hostname.

I suggest you to perform the copy/rename in a DOS command prompt to avoid having the final file name extension ".tar.tar" by mistake. Also, please pay attention to pick up the right software for the right extender!

For the the SageTV plugin version I should be able to determine that information automatically via property file.

Eddy

Old 01-11-2012, 06:40 AM
Sage Icon

New software version 1.0.3 available

Regarding post #89, I decided to make life a little bit easier for people in the same situation as "briands", so please find in attachment a new version which uses another mechanism to identify the right extender which is independent from the hostname and which I'm going to use for the SageTV plugin as well.

As usual, please remove the old version first and let me know of any issue you might find

Eddy

Last edited by routerunner; 02-23-2012 at 01:46 PM.
Old 01-11-2012, 06:52 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Thanks Tom, you have done it already...your "Commercial Detector" plugin implementation I found in CodeGoogle (hope you don't mind) is my Bible

Eddy
I don't mind at all. The only reason I was able to do some useful things in Sage is because many people helped me. I'm just "passing on the love".

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 01-11-2012, 07:48 PM
Sage Icon

Got it working now! Thanks!!!

Don't know when I ever changed the extender name
Old 01-12-2012, 07:09 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:

Got it working now! Thanks!!!
I'm happy as well, I could't figure out what was going on until I logged into your unit...

Quote:
Don't know when I ever changed the extender name
on Halloween night

Last edited by routerunner; 01-13-2012 at 07:43 AM.
Old 01-18-2012, 08:18 AM
Sage Icon

Thumbs up THE PLUGIN VERSION IS HERE...

Hi all,

the first public release of this software as downloadable plugin has been committed as "Squeeze Slave". Please visit the "SageTV V7 Customization" section for details.

Please also be aware that the current software version (sagesqueezeslave_1_0_3.zip) is still downloadable from here, however is no longer supported so any future improvement will apply to the plugin version only.

Eddy

Last edited by routerunner; 01-18-2012 at 08:29 AM.
Old 02-22-2012, 04:26 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcandu View Post
+1 for the HD100 development! I have been looking for a way of improving my audio setup without spending any money, so this would be great, thanks for putting the time into this routerunner.

I also have an mvp kicking about, i notice in your sig that you have one too. I have no clue to the possibilities??!? but have you any thoughts regarding mvp squeezebox development?
Hi, just letting you know that I'm currently working on the MediaMVP porting of this plugin and making good progress...

I see you're from London and as I already posted here an help request for beta testers for the HD100 version of this plugin, but without any replies so far, I was wondering whether you might be interested to help me out...

Last edited by routerunner; 02-22-2012 at 06:23 AM.
Old 02-24-2012, 02:08 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Hi, just letting you know that I'm currently working on the MediaMVP porting of this plugin and making good progress...

I see you're from London and as I already posted here an help request for beta testers for the HD100 version of this plugin, but without any replies so far, I was wondering whether you might be interested to help me out...
I've pm'd u... Give me a shout. Mat.

Tags
slimplayer, squeezebox squeezeplayer