SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 05-31-2004, 11:37 PM
Sage Icon

Sleeping Sage & TT don't play nice

Have this issue on 2 of my HTPCs, slightly different manifestation though:

If I'm watching something in Sage, then sleep, refocus on myHTPC, then launch a DVD via TT, finish it, exit TT, go back to myHTPC, then go back to Sage [via myHTPC], there's an issue.

On the one machine that has an ATI 9000 Pro in it, there's no video but there is an overlay/OSD.

On the other machine that had an ATI 9000 Pro but now has a G550, Sage forks into 2 windows, one with the video called "ActiveMovie" and one with the OSD.

I'm focusing on fixing that second machine as it's the bigger usage machine. But, if the fix is also transferable to the first machine...

I was using default for video renderer, but on machine B I forced it to overlay. same issue. Then, I tried VMR9, same issue again. In addition, I've tried all the regular mpeg decoders: the Elecard decoder, the InterVideo, InterVideo NonCSS, and Cyberlink/ATI.

The only way to clear it is to kill Sage and restart.

After searching, my initial guess was that they're competing for the overlay, and with Sage "asleep" it doesn't like anyone else messing with it. But, I tried forcing VMR9, and the same thing happened.

What's up? Is there some kind of monitor/lock that sleep'ing sage holds or holds off on if something
Old 06-01-2004, 07:04 AM

Sounds like either TT or Sage is not actually exited or Sleeping. Have you tried my STV that integrates Sage and TT (or any DVD player directly) to see if you get the same results? I do this on all my machines (one is a 9000) and it works fine.
Old 06-01-2004, 10:25 AM
Sage Icon

Thanks, I'll try that tonight. Just saw a brand spanking new one on htpcnews.com from you [9:47am today, which i presume is not PST as that's 20 minutes from now :-) ] - is that the one you're using successfully?
Old 06-01-2004, 10:31 AM

That is a new one, but it does inherit from a version that includes the DVD Launcher. I would first try the one in the Customization forum here.

http://forums.sage.tv/forums/showthr...&threadid=5229
Old 06-01-2004, 11:28 PM
Sage Icon

Thanks for the skin link. However, I can't get it to launch TT on my SageClient. I tried adding the external_dvd_player line, copy/pasted your text to make sure I didn't make any typo's. here's what I have, is that correct?

external_dvd_player=C\:\\Program Files\\TheaterTek\\TheaterTek DVD.exe
Old 06-02-2004, 12:05 AM
Sage Icon

Never mind - this client happens to be my DVD server, and the SageServer is another machine with drive maps. I didn't have the a drive letter mapped on the client as it was a local drive, but I read through that 13 page thread on this skin which mentioned that images wouldn't work unless these were sync'ed.

My PQ is for total crap with TT inside Sage as opposed to TT standalone and I can't get subtitles to turn off, but those are issues that I'd better keep reading in case there's a tip before pestering you with questions.

Thanks for the hookup.