SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 07-21-2011, 02:11 PM
SageTVaholic

MC2XML and XMLTV Importer for SageTV

1. Download and Install XMLTV Importer for SageTV Make sure Sage is completely shut down

2. Download and copy MC2XML to "C:\Program Files\LM Gestion\XMLTV Importer for SageTV".

3, Download the XMLTV.DTD you can just copy the xmltv.DTD file to "C:\Program Files\LM Gestion\XMLTV Importer for SageTV" included in the zip.

4. Create a batch file example below

MC2XML.bat

Code:
cd "C:\Program Files\LM Gestion\XMLTV Importer for SageTV"
c:
rem          your  Zipcode below
mc2xml -c us -g 97217
You only have to run the batchfile once select the appropriate lineup... This will Create the XMLTV.xml file with all your listings. This will be the input into the XMLTV Importer. Follow instructions on how to configure the importer.

Last edited by nyplayer; 07-21-2011 at 02:17 PM.
Old 07-21-2011, 08:59 PM
Sage Aficionado

thanks for posting this
Retired - Hava, MediaMVP, HD-100, HD-PVR, HVR-2250, Ceton InfiniTV4, Original (white) HDHomeRun Died - HD-100, HD-300
Old 07-25-2011, 04:23 PM
Sage User

I purchased the donator version and am trying to get this to work, but am having one snag. Everything seems to go OK per the instructions in this post and the LM Gestion Installation and Configuration page except for the scheduled update section of the guide.

It has a link to download a file, I don't think the file is the right one. It is listed as "SageTV Web Server plug-In". But if you click on it it takes you to an ati plugin. I do have the jetty webserver installed and it works with BMT. The XMLTV Importer for SageTV Scheduled Update section asks for the SageTV Web Server url and defaults to:

http://localhost:8080/sage

If I go to that address in my browser I get nothing, so I'm sure there is nothing there. The only valid location I have for the jetty webserver that I know of is:

http://localhost:8080/apps
&
http://localhost:8080/bmt

With those I can login with username sage and password frey. I'm assuming I need to download a plugin and install it for the scheduled updater to work, but cannot seem to find it anywhere.
Old 07-25-2011, 05:54 PM
Sage User

OK, I fixed it. I had enough of jetty installed for core operations and bmt. I needed to install the SageTV Web Interface plugin. Might seem like a no-brainer, but from my point of view, I did have a "web interface" as it loaded in my browser and ran bmt. I just didn't have what the XMLTV Importer needed, and their guide is somewhat out of date.