SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 02-18-2013, 08:45 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sflamm View Post
that sounds excellent. is that the beta? happy to help.

my babgvant.com id is the same as here.
What tuner do you have?
Old 02-18-2013, 08:48 PM
Sage Icon

both a Ceton and HDHR Prime.
Old 02-18-2013, 08:54 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
You've been added. Select ffmpeg from the capture tab.

http://babgvant.com/files/folders/li...s/default.aspx
Old 02-19-2013, 05:41 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by babgvant View Post
You've been added. Select ffmpeg from the capture tab.

http://babgvant.com/files/folders/li...s/default.aspx
Can you please add Jerryt
SERVER: Win 7 x64/i7-860/Zotac H55ITX-C-E/Corsair H70/CFI a7879 case/12 TB Pooled with Drive Bender. DVBLogic: streaming HDPVR content to SageTV, WMC Clients, NPVR Clients, Remote Computers & iphone. 2ea HDPVR, 3ea HDHomeRun, 2ea VIP211
Old 02-19-2013, 06:43 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
For now, if you have a Ceton DCT you will need to enable network bridging or set the frame size in the driver config page to a valid size (enabling network bridging does this) for ffmpeg capture to work.
Old 02-19-2013, 07:50 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryt View Post
Can you please add Jerryt
At this point I need people who are really willing to really test it and provide feedback.

If you're willing to do that email me at andyvt@babgvant.com.
Old 02-24-2013, 03:11 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via ICQ to valnar
I may be late to the game, but I have a perfectly working SageTV setup on WinXP and was thinking of getting the Prime + SageDCT. I suppose Win7 could be an option in the summer, but I'd hate to start over with Win7 mid-season.

Can it still work with XP? I have moved to COX country and they offer a cable-card option. My last provider (WOW Cable) offered most channels in clear digital, but alas COX is a bit more stringent.
Old 02-24-2013, 04:21 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by valnar View Post
I may be late to the game, but I have a perfectly working SageTV setup on WinXP and was thinking of getting the Prime + SageDCT. I suppose Win7 could be an option in the summer, but I'd hate to start over with Win7 mid-season.

Can it still work with XP? I have moved to COX country and they offer a cable-card option. My last provider (WOW Cable) offered most channels in clear digital, but alas COX is a bit more stringent.
Here is a link to some setup instructions on XP. Over christmas i upgraded to win7 but only lasted about 2 weeks (i think win7 didnt like my raid card) before i switched back to win2003.
Check out TVExplorer
Old 02-24-2013, 04:27 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrsharpe View Post
Here is a link to some setup instructions on XP. Over christmas i upgraded to win7 but only lasted about 2 weeks (i think win7 didnt like my raid card) before i switched back to win2003.
Oh cool.

I have HDHR's now for my basic HD channels, but was hoping to get the other HD channels with a cable card (TNTHD, TBSHD, etc). Will that still work with XP? I was under the impression XP wasn't secure enough.

Thanks.
Old 02-24-2013, 06:39 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by valnar View Post
Oh cool.

I have HDHR's now for my basic HD channels, but was hoping to get the other HD channels with a cable card (TNTHD, TBSHD, etc). Will that still work with XP? I was under the impression XP wasn't secure enough.

Thanks.
SageTV/SageDCT will tune all channels that are marked copy freely, regardless of the operating system. Windows7 MC is required to record and view channels marked copy once because of the encryption. Depending on the provider YMMV with regard how many channels you can record with sagetv (comcast and verizon most channels are marked copy freely except the premiums (hbo, showtime, etc)).
Check out TVExplorer
Old 02-24-2013, 07:19 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrsharpe View Post
SageTV/SageDCT will tune all channels that are marked copy freely, regardless of the operating system. Windows7 MC is required to record and view channels marked copy once because of the encryption. Depending on the provider YMMV with regard how many channels you can record with sagetv (comcast and verizon most channels are marked copy freely except the premiums (hbo, showtime, etc)).
Hmm. I already have a couple HDHR's and wanted the Prime +cablecard to get the channels I could not see (but they aren't HBO or Showtime). I'm not sure how to tell if they are copy once or not. I'll poke around.
Old 03-26-2013, 02:14 PM
Sage Icon

Been a while since I've been on this thread as everything has "just been working." Well, that apparently is over with.

First, what I'm running:
- SageDCT 2.6.0
- HDHomeRun Prime firmware: 20121107beta1

Last night, I noticed my recording of A&E's new "Bates Motel" series, from a Prime via Comcast, will not play on my HD300, but will on my PC. I suspect it's a PID problem as my running the file through MPEG2Repair fixed the issue.

So the question is, do I need to start running the VLC intermediary step or will the newer SageDCT or Prime software fix this issue?
Old 03-30-2013, 07:57 PM
Sage Advanced User

I'm on Comcast. VLC helps but I still get some bad recordings--that usually (not always) will play on WMP. The problem is usually a black screen with sound (interestingly the preview clip pulls out an image, but it will be out of proportion), but sometimes no sound. I don't have any extenders so can't comment on that.

I think may as well try the 2.7 beta that uses Ffmpeg instead of VLC. You need to email andy andyvt@babgvant.com to request access to download it.

See posts above.

I'll be doing so as soon as possible, but just haven't had time.

TW
Old 03-31-2013, 04:52 PM
Sage Fanatic

Well, my plan was to update my PC to W7/8, re-install SageTV, tuners, set up cable card for hdhr prime, get drivers for firewire channel change, etc.........but I got busy for a few weeks.

When I woke up again, I realized that I might not have to do any of that and if XP could do it all, why was I even thinking about W7?

So, yesterday I confirmed via hdhr setup that the cable card was functioning and I could get all the channels via hdhr setup..........no cable card configuration needed at all (verizon had told me that when i picked up the Mcard a few weeks ago, but I wasn't sure I believed them...........but it really is plug and play).

Next step, let's see if I can get my current SageTV to play nice with it, opened ports in firewall, copied tuner info to sage.properties, assigned EPG info to the tuners, a couple of reboots and voila..............damned that was easy

Checked out that I could record all 3 channels simultaneously, that they streamed fine to my hd300 in my home theater, liveTV was quick (the hdhr prime is fast, it makes the fios stb look pathetic).

so my setup now is one hdhr prime and one hdhr for a total of 5 tuners (previously one hdhr and two hdpvr/stb for a total of 4 tuners).

i'll let this cook for a week, and if no flaws show up, i'm returning some stb to verizon!

babgvant: you are the man!!!! this is so slick, i'm in awe.

Jeff: this is really also a tribute to the superb platorm that is SageTV. I can't wait for SageTV 8 to be released from captivity.

Last edited by cat6man; 03-31-2013 at 04:55 PM.
Old 04-03-2013, 05:32 AM
Sage Fanatic

set the encoder merit for the various tuners and now running soak test for a week to verify i don't need STB anymore...............this is cool.
Old 04-06-2013, 11:11 AM
Sage Fanatic

i hereby declare the hdhr prime + dct on XP a complete success chez moi

i just disconnected 2 fios STB and 2 hdpvr which consume together 65W, so in addition to reducing my fios bill by 2 STB (but adding one M-card), i also save 65W continuous(!) on my electric bill (45W for STB, 20W for hdpvr).......hdhr prime seems neglible

65 W x 24 hr x 365 days = 569.4 kWhr which is $113 a year assuming $0.20/kWhr (power + delivery)
Old 04-09-2013, 11:42 AM
Sage Icon

Argh, "Bates Motel" on A&E is still recording with a stream the HD300 doesn't understand. So last week was no fluke and Comcast and/or A&E has changed it.

I've tried Andy's latest SageDCT 2.7 build (thank you Andy!), but unfortunately it looks like the version of Visual Studio he's using now builds a DLL that is incompatible with XP.

I can either run the recordings through a video stream fixer or convert to MKV's and they'll play back fine (or use the VLC option under v2.6) so not a big deal. Until more shows start showing this problem that is...

Edit:
FYI. The HandBrake I'm using for compression hangs on this recording too and never completes.

Guess I'll go back to v2.6 with the VLC option. My only nit with that is the extra process puts more load on the server when recording on all tuners at once.

Last edited by phelme; 04-11-2013 at 01:35 PM.
Old 04-09-2013, 08:55 PM
Sage Advanced User

ffmpeg thing rocks!

I kept having more and more channels being unable to view live and having playback errors. I came back here to figure out what was going wrong. I could play the videos outside of Sage but not inside. I flipped on the VLC thing and I haven't had any trouble since .

thank you Andy.
Old 04-11-2013, 04:29 AM
Sage Advanced User

This is one heck of a thread! Just ordered my HDHR Prime, so I'll be checking back here when it comes in.
STV 9.1.5.683 / Vista Premium / Compaq Presario SR-5550F / AMD Athlon 64 X2 5400 / nvidia GeForce 8400GS / 3 GB DDR2 / 500 GB SATA / 1 TB SATA / M2N68-LA Motherboard / Hauppauge HVR-1250 / Hauppauge HVR-1600 / 2 x STX-HD100 / OTA / Channel Master FLATenna 35
Old 04-16-2013, 12:58 PM
Sage Icon

Well Comcast issues march on... now the Golf Channel (I record David Feherty's interview show) is screwed too. Running it through "Project X" shows the problem either being a stream being marked as private or SageTV's PMT/PAT/PID search is just plain broken when there is no PMT. Re-creating the TS file with "Project X" changes the private stream PID to 0x80 and creates a PMT so the recording then plays fine on the HD300.

Gosh, this would be such a simple fix for the Sage team too. Sigh.

Code:
+> Input File 0:  'H:\BigMedia2-Recordings\Feherty-S03E07-NickFaldo-22973996-0.ts' (716,091,812 bytes)
-> Filetype is TS (generic PES Container)
-> make a TS
-> no PMT found (at a short scan)
-> special PIDs for searching defined: { 0xDE6 0xDE9 }
ok> PID 0x0DE6 has PES-ID 0xE0 (MPEG Video) mapped to 0xE0 (47376 #253) 
ok> PID 0x0DE9 has PES-ID 0xBD (private stream 1) mapped to 0x80 (135736 #723) 
packs: 3781850 100% 716091812
---> new File: H:\BigMedia2-Recordings\Feherty-S03E07-NickFaldo-22973996-0[remux].ts

summary of created media files:
Stream:	'H:\BigMedia2-Recordings\Feherty-S03E07-NickFaldo-22973996-0[remux].ts'
=> 720,695,368 bytes written...
-> we have 0 warnings/errors.