SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 01-19-2015, 01:01 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandypuff View Post
Well you got further than me. I can't record or watch live through SageTV. I just tried Sage V7 and have the same problem. No recordings or live TV.

I've attached a display of one of my tuners. I have SageDCT running on the same box as Sage and can telnet to the ports the tuner are assigned to so it's not a firewall issue. I've basically run out of ideas.

I've very disappointed that I can't get the Prime to work with Sage and it's now too late to return it. I just bought another ATSC tuner card on ebay to at least be able to record from my antenna.

If Windows media center had a remote interface/web browser to setup recordings without having to use it on my server that would be ok, I guess but my wife isn't going to remote into the desktop WMC is running on to do that.
Try configuring sageDCT and Sage to not use the localhost for the address of sagedct servers, but the actually address of the machine running sageDCT. I did that and it helped me get it working again after updating the prime to latest code.

The funny part was that I had this all working for over a year and then I started updating software and things broke.

It's working now with 2.72 and FFMPEG, though image quality for some programs looks worse for some reason.

Last edited by fresnoboy; 01-19-2015 at 05:05 PM.
Old 01-19-2015, 06:39 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynedunham View Post
OK, I have found something. When I reboot and lose one or more of the 3 tuners on the Prime if I stop and restart the SageDCT service all the tuners work again with no other changes. I don't even have to stop the SageTV service, just stopping and starting the SageDCT service fixes it.

Now on that system both SageTV service and SageDCT service are set to automatic. I wonder if switching SageDCT to delayed start or manual might fix my issue? Any thoughts, or experience with changing SageDCT's service settings?
nyplayer has a batch file around that auto restarts the SageDCT service to resolve this very problem.
Old 01-19-2015, 07:21 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by fresnoboy View Post
The funny part was that I had this all working for over a year and then I started updating software and things broke.

http://www.cartoonstock.com/cartoonv...catref=bven652
Check out TVExplorer
Old 01-26-2015, 05:40 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by fresnoboy View Post
Try configuring sageDCT and Sage to not use the localhost for the address of sagedct servers, but the actually address of the machine running sageDCT. I did that and it helped me get it working again after updating the prime to latest code.
Despite my last post (which was supposed to be funny btw… bc i totally mess with perfectly working systems…), I just might be following you and update the prime to the latest code. This weekend my prime was continually rebooting (and obviously failing recordings left and right), Silicondust support said it was an issue that was affecting certain firmwares (mine is 20130117) and only yesterday???? Seems strange… Today it is working fine…

Anyways I'm contemplating updating to the latest hdhr firmware/software and curious what peoples luck with the latest version has been??
Check out TVExplorer
Old 01-29-2015, 12:28 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by KryptoNyte View Post
nyplayer has a batch file around that auto restarts the SageDCT service to resolve this very problem.
I started to search this HUGE thread for the script, but didn't find it. I was only about 1/2 way through the thread when I had to stop.
It does sound like it might help me out though. I already have a groovy script to restart SageTV so I can do that remotely. If I could find the script I could probably do the same thing with that which I did for restarting SageTv.
Old 01-29-2015, 12:52 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynedunham View Post
I started to search this HUGE thread for the script, but didn't find it. I was only about 1/2 way through the thread when I had to stop.
It does sound like it might help me out though. I already have a groovy script to restart SageTV so I can do that remotely. If I could find the script I could probably do the same thing with that which I did for restarting SageTv.
Here it is.
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...20&postcount=4
Old 02-02-2015, 10:15 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer View Post
Thanks nyplayer. After looking at it, it is pretty simple, just doing a net stop and net start of SageDCT.
I think I'll make both a groovy script so I can do it remotely if necessary as well as maybe putting a simple batch file in the startup folder that waits several minutes (so the SageTV service can get fully started up) and then does a net stop and net start of SageDCT.

If my suspicions are correct the startup batch file will fix my issue and I won't even need the ability to do it easily from remote with a groovy script.

My issue is different than the OP in that thread. For whatever reason after a reboot sometimes SageTV can't get SageDCT to tune 1 or 2 of the Prime's tuners, but at least one will always work. It isn't an issue of getting a "No Signal" message, it just flat fails with a message showing up in SageTV saying that the tuner isn't working.
I have found that stopping and restarting SageDCT fixes the problem and I don't even have to shut down SageTV service during that process.

Thanks for the link, I guess I never would have found it in this thread. I'll take a look at the entire script, maybe I'll see something else in your automation that will help me out. All I did just now was scan it quickly and saw that the "meat" of it is just the net stop and net start of SageDCT.

Thanks!
Old 06-11-2015, 06:54 PM
Sage Advanced User

20150604 HDHR update kills SageDCT?

I recently updated the firmware on my HDHR Prime to the 20150604 release.

Very soon thereafter I realized that SageDCT is not detecting my tuners at all. HDHR View and WMC work just fine still.

That is to say, in the Discovery tab, NO tuners can be found when scanned. This seriously KILLS my HTPC!

Anyone else have this happen?

Server: SageTV 9.2.6x64 on Win10 x64 Home, i7-2600, 8gb RAM, OpenDCT, Java 1.8, 20TB storage
Display: EVGA GT 1030 fanless to Sony LED TV via DVI-HDMI
Capture Devices: HDHR Prime for Comcast, HDHR Dual for OTA (retired)
Clients: Nvidia Shield Android miniclient

Last edited by waylo; 06-11-2015 at 07:05 PM.
Old 06-11-2015, 07:08 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by waylo View Post

Very soon thereafter I realized that SageDCT is not detecting my tuners at all. HDHR View and WMC work just fine still.

That is to say, in the Discovery tab, NO tuners can be found when scanned. This seriously KILLS my HTPC!

You are in deep beep beep read this thread.

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62177
Old 06-11-2015, 07:21 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
You are in deep beep beep read this thread.

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62177
Hahahahahaa.... ahh, that's my psychotic laugh . I knew this need to be 'fresh' and updated would bite me in the butt soon enough.

Okay, off to learn way more about network encoding/firewalls than I had intended to this week.

Thanks as always for leading the way.

Server: SageTV 9.2.6x64 on Win10 x64 Home, i7-2600, 8gb RAM, OpenDCT, Java 1.8, 20TB storage
Display: EVGA GT 1030 fanless to Sony LED TV via DVI-HDMI
Capture Devices: HDHR Prime for Comcast, HDHR Dual for OTA (retired)
Clients: Nvidia Shield Android miniclient

Last edited by waylo; 06-11-2015 at 07:45 PM.
Old 06-12-2015, 04:39 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by waylo View Post

Please send me a verbose log. They probably changed the device name.
Old 06-12-2015, 06:16 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by babgvant View Post
Please send me a verbose log. They probably changed the device name.
NM, got it. Use the reg file here to update.
Old 06-12-2015, 06:46 AM
Sage User

I can attest, the new reg file definitely fixes the problem caused by the latest firmware update.
Old 06-12-2015, 07:36 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by David HVR1600 View Post
I can attest, the new reg file definitely fixes the problem caused by the latest firmware update.
That is one the reasons I do not see Sage growing above the current users you have to be very technical ... There are just too many variables that need to be remembered. It is not for the average family like wmc was. Documentation is all over the place ... there is no real wiki. .. If it isn't for a few users on here that are willing to go the extra mile to help others lots of users would be working with a crippled system.
Old 06-14-2015, 12:29 AM
Sage Aficionado

When I try to copy the new ffmpeg files and install them manually (here: http://babgvant.com/downloads/sagedc...bFfmpegMux.zip), I get the "No Signal" error. Any idea why? Downgrading back to the ffmpeg files from 2.7.2 fixes the problem.

EDIT: It was user error. I had downloaded the 32 bit files when I was running the 64 bit version. The 64 bit files work great.
Server: Gigabyte EP43-UD3L; Intel Core2Duo E5200; 4 GB DDR2 RAM; NVidia GeForce 9400GT; 6 tuners: Hauppauge HVR-1600 NTSC/ATSC/QAM combo, Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-2250 Dual Hybrid QAM, HD Homerun Prime (using SageDCT); 3.06TB total space: Seagate 160 GB, Maxtor 500GB, Seagate Barracuda 400GB, Hitachi 2 TB
Extender: HD200
Netgear MCAB1001 MoCA Coax-Ethernet Adapter Kit

Last edited by Sparhawk6; 06-14-2015 at 03:58 PM.
Old 06-16-2015, 09:05 PM
Sage Aficionado

SiliconDust just spun their HDHomeRun Prime firmware again:

Release 20150615:

- CC models: Improvements to channel scan with a tuning resolver present.
- CC models: Fix problem causing device to temporarily stop authorizing channels.
- CC/DC models: Fix problem causing device to temporarily stop responding.
- DC/HDHR4-2DT models: Fix problem causing some channels to be missed in the channel scan.
- HDHR4/TC/CC/DC models: Improvements to diagnostic logging.
OpenDCT 0.5.32 (64 bit)
Clients: HD300 (x2)
HDHR3-CC Prime 20220822 (Comcast CableCard) - 3 Tuners
HDFX-4K Flex 20220822 (OTA) - 4 Tuners
Old 06-26-2015, 08:46 AM
Sage Aficionado

Hello, I'm looking for suggestions. I recently updated my HDhomerun tuners (US3, US4, and a Prime) to the latest firmware and the Prime can no longer tune from within Sage. It comes up with ERROR: (-10): No encoders can tune the selected station. I tried turning off the firewall, rebooting, stoping/starting SageDCT service. No change. The Prime works fine with HRView and VLC (default player). I did notice the ports are different when I use VLC. It says port 5000, while SageDCT is using 6870-6972. I haven't updated SageDCT is a couple years. Should I try uninstalling and re installing SageDCT (Latest)? Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks!

Bobby
Old 06-26-2015, 08:56 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyDing View Post
Hello, I'm looking for suggestions. I recently updated my HDhomerun tuners (US3, US4, and a Prime) to the latest firmware and the Prime can no longer tune from within Sage. It comes up with ERROR: (-10): No encoders can tune the selected station. I tried turning off the firewall, rebooting, stoping/starting SageDCT service. No change. The Prime works fine with HRView and VLC (default player). I did notice the ports are different when I use VLC. It says port 5000, while SageDCT is using 6870-6972. I haven't updated SageDCT is a couple years. Should I try uninstalling and re installing SageDCT (Latest)? Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks!

Bobby
there is a new SageDCT available. You need to update.
read this.
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...postcount=2091

Last edited by nyplayer; 06-26-2015 at 08:58 AM.
Old 06-26-2015, 11:18 PM
Sage Aficionado

That worked!

Thank You!
Old 10-15-2015, 01:29 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
there is a new SageDCT available. You need to update.
read this.
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...postcount=2091
The babgvant site has been down for a bit. Does anyone have this file that I could use? I'm totally dead in the water, thanks to the SiliconDust firmware update.

Thanks!