SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 06-22-2011, 09:58 PM
Sage Advanced User

Does date/time of file still affects import of files into the database

Under v6 it was my understanding that Sage looked at the date/time stamp of the file to decide whether to add it. Maybe it was looking with files with a date/time later than the last scan? All I know is that if I ever had any problem with a file not being added usually just changing the date/time to the present and rescanning would do the trick.

For whatever reason i have some files under v7 that are not in the database. Files which were added to the import directories almost at the same time but when a rescan is done some are added and others are not. I see properties files for all the files (those added and those not) but I think that is not Sagetv but rather BMT that I had installed under V6 (I have not installed anything under v7).

Is there a way to determine if a file has been processed even if not added to the database under V7.0. Do I still have to change the date/time on these files which are not added to the database?

I was under the understanding that v7 did not use the time/date to determine if a file needed to be added but maybe I am wrong?
Main Server: Intel Core i5 Processor i5-670, MSI Motherboard H57M-ED65, Corsair 4 GB PC3-12800, Intel 320 Series 160 GB SSD, Western Digital 150 GB VelociRaptor, LIAN-LI PC-C36B Case, Vista 64 Home Premium, JavaHeap = 1,200. +Network Encoder.
Storage: HP487 with 37.5TB of storage.
Extenders: x2 HD300 x6 HD200.
Tuners: Hauppauge HVR-1950 USB x3, USBIRT.
Adds-in:Many!.
Others: Sony BDVE500W, OPPO HM-31 dvanced HDMI 1.3 1080p Switch, Harmony One.