SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 10-21-2006, 07:21 AM
Sage Expert

REQ: szsori's TV database import please?

The old meeTVshows plugin for meedio, created by Walts81 has had a makeover. Szsori has taken over the database part and done a great job. Check it: http://tvdb.zsori.com/. Other HTPC products are starting to use the database now. Can someone please get Sage into that illustrious company?
Old 10-21-2006, 07:32 AM
Sage Icon

This is pretty cool. I'd love to see support for this too.
Old 10-22-2006, 12:16 AM
Sage Expert

Wow, if you get this going you will have my eternal gratitude!

Quote:
Which other ones
Quote:
Originally Posted by szsori@Meedio forums
but there's media portal and xbmc users using the data now too. Potentially a few other plugins in the mix as well (xlobby, etc).
Now the database has only been fully operational for a week and, already, other platforms has plugins out according to szsori (who created and maintains the new TVDB).

Quote:
So this would take 100 users from Sage to actively support the database, correct? Do those users of Sage need to be connected to their database 100% of the time?
On the front page of szsori's site it says:

Quote:
Originally Posted by szsori's site
Every HTPC software with over 100 users must provide a mirror of the database (contact me to work out the details). Exceptions may be made at my discretion.
So my answer would be not at all. I read that as, if over 100 Sage users started using it, then we must provide a mirror. The database (TVDB) itself requires no work on the Sage user's part except to fill in stuff. Most of the data gets grabbed from TV.com, however for series that are not in tv.com, users must input the info manually (basically non-US shows). It is a community project where everyone adds new series that is not in TVDB, then TVDB grabs the info from TV.com (if tv.com has the data). More info on adding data to TVDB is here: http://meedio.com/forum/about30327.html. Basically, we work together to keep TVDB updated with the newest series. Us Meedio users have already populated the bulk of the data in its earlier meetvshows incarnation.

Quote:
it looks like they have some work to get done just to get it going with Meedio correctly though, right?
Not really, the Meedio plugin and szsori's database are seperate entities. The Meedio plugin is made by walts81 and it just came out of beta. TVDB itself is up and running and working, frankly, awesomely (to coin a word).

The quote of mine you pulled is an issue which I have actually resolved, but I do have a new issue with the module part of the plugin and other users reported the same problem. However, the Meedio plugin has no impact on any Sage plugin. TVDB is working fine. My Meedio import from it is perfect. The problem is just with the displaying of the episodes within Meedio, which can not have any impact on a Sage plugin (totally unrelated) and Walts81 will have fixed shortly, as he always does.

Quote:
I just would like to know where they actually stand before looking into it
I really hope (pray) you are serious about looking into this, if so you would have my eternal gratitude and my donation!

Last edited by silkshadow; 10-22-2006 at 12:46 AM.
Old 10-23-2006, 11:49 AM
Sage User

Just wanna throw in another request for support for this. I was a meedio user until recently (needed to switch to a more stable Tv App) and this was the best thing about my previous meedio setup. I miss it badly. If support for this in sage was added, I was gladly offer up a donation to whomever was undertaking such an endeavour.
Old 10-27-2006, 02:53 AM
Sage Expert

Jds23, have you taken a look at this? Anything questions I can help with?
Old 10-27-2006, 07:34 AM
Sage Aficionado

I have a dumb question about this

I cant figure out what the heck it does. From what I looked at on the site, it supplies some info about a show (what sage already knows) and a banner pic?

Is there more i'm missing?

Special thanks to tmiranda for making my 24h time format dream a reality. See here for more details.
Old 01-11-2007, 09:41 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by FidgetyRat
I have a dumb question about this

I cant figure out what the heck it does. From what I looked at on the site, it supplies some info about a show (what sage already knows) and a banner pic?

Is there more i'm missing?
Any update on this possible route to get TV episode information?

Belg
Old 01-26-2007, 06:00 PM
Sage User

Does anyone know, if there is being worked on this feature ?
Old 02-23-2007, 07:18 AM
Sage User

Having tried different HTPC programs, I must say that I still favor SageTV. Liked Mediaportal, too, ESPECIALLY they plugin that did all the TV show look-up. If anyone's willing to get this thing going I will DEFINITELY be donating!
Old 02-23-2007, 09:58 AM
Sage Fanatic

and this is different from using sagetv and sagemc w/ imdb lookup how, exactly?
Old 02-23-2007, 03:04 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by GbrNole
and this is different from using sagetv and sagemc w/ imdb lookup how, exactly?
imdb is not very tv friendly - specifically in regards to episode information.
Old 02-23-2007, 08:37 PM
Sage Advanced User

and i believe (correct me if i'm wrong) imdb keeps getting broken cuz the plugin parses the webpage. This will give us a standard interface.