SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 06-04-2011, 08:41 AM
Sage Advanced User

No video when pressing Play on HD300

My HD300 has been working great for months with my Sage media Server. Not sure if the kids or wife changed something, but the other night when selceting a DVD to play and pressing the play button on my remote, the screen went black. I could hear audio, but no picture. I can press the Video Out buttom on the remote and get the picture to come in, but this should not be the case and I have never had to do this before.

I tried various settings in the HD300 non Exteneder memus as well as sever in the extender menu, and nothing seems to correct this issue. The issue also seems to be affecting recorded shows as well as Blu-Rays.

So I upgradedd to the latest HD300 Firmware as well as the latest Sage Media software with the same outcome.

Does anyone have a list of the magic settings that should make this behave again???? Hopefully???
Old 06-07-2011, 09:36 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomii View Post
My HD300 has been working great for months with my Sage media Server. Not sure if the kids or wife changed something, but the other night when selceting a DVD to play and pressing the play button on my remote, the screen went black. I could hear audio, but no picture.
Ask them who did what!
Old 06-08-2011, 06:17 PM
Sage User

I have had the same issue a few times - screen going black when pressing play.

I need to power off the HD300 to fix it...i.e. pull the pluck as opposed to power off on the remote.
Old 06-08-2011, 06:55 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by beda View Post
I have had the same issue a few times - screen going black when pressing play.

I need to power off the HD300 to fix it...i.e. pull the pluck as opposed to power off on the remote.
I've had this happen too.. Only fix is to pull the plug and hard re-start.