SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Diamond
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Diamond This forums is for discussing the user-created Diamond plugin for SageTV.

Old 05-21-2011, 08:14 AM
Sage Fanatic

Count/Watched Format

Hey Guys,

I have SageTV running on my HTPC and two HD300s. On my HTPC, when I go into the Diamond Options I can change the "Count/WatchedFormat" and it changes. However, on both the HD300s, changing this doesn't do anything. It indicates that it changed and if I go out and come back in what I selected is still there (in the options menu) but I always have the "4/9" type format actually being used (4 watched and 9 recordings for example).

I did read something about how one may need to clear the Diamond options. I did this for the client but I saw no change. Before I clear the server settings, figured I'd ask to see if this is what needs to be done... don't want to clear everything if it isn't what I need to do
Old 05-21-2011, 08:35 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent94Z View Post
Hey Guys,

I have SageTV running on my HTPC and two HD300s. On my HTPC, when I go into the Diamond Options I can change the "Count/WatchedFormat" and it changes. However, on both the HD300s, changing this doesn't do anything. It indicates that it changed and if I go out and come back in what I selected is still there (in the options menu) but I always have the "4/9" type format actually being used (4 watched and 9 recordings for example).

I did read something about how one may need to clear the Diamond options. I did this for the client but I saw no change. Before I clear the server settings, figured I'd ask to see if this is what needs to be done... don't want to clear everything if it isn't what I need to do
I just tried this on my HD300 it's working fine with and without banners on. (there is no rec/watched style option on the simplified view)

Try clearing your extender settings again. If that doesn't work delete the extender .properties file and start from scratch (extreme option) or alternatively open the .properties file and delete all entries prefixed with JOrton if there are any.

J

Last edited by jorton; 05-21-2011 at 08:43 AM.
Old 05-21-2011, 09:32 AM
Sage Fanatic

I tried deleting Client Settings again but no luck on that. Just to be sure, this is how I'm doing it...

Main Menu -> Option -> Diamond Options -> Debug Menu -> Clear all Diamond Settings -> Delete Client Settings

That is working for the most part because it immediately deletes my widgets on the main menu, etc. However, when going back into my recordings via TV -> Recordings -> All Recordings and then Options -> Diamond Options I can see that what I had previously selected (Recordings: rrr Watched: www) is still there but on the screen in the background I still see simply the 0/1 type format. On my HTPC when I change this option, it changes real time in the background screen. On the HD300s, nothing.

Not sure if that helps? Still recommend doing some manual deleting?

Thanks!
Old 05-21-2011, 10:21 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I tried deleting Client Settings again but no luck on that. Just to be sure, this is how I'm doing it...

Main Menu -> Option -> Diamond Options -> Debug Menu -> Clear all Diamond Settings -> Delete Client Settings

That is working for the most part because it immediately deletes my widgets on the main menu, etc. However, when going back into my recordings via TV -> Recordings -> All Recordings and then Options -> Diamond Options I can see that what I had previously selected (Recordings: rrr Watched: www) is still there but on the screen in the background I still see simply the 0/1 type format. On my HTPC when I change this option, it changes real time in the background screen. On the HD300s, nothing.

Not sure if that helps? Still recommend doing some manual deleting?

Thanks!

If you upgraded from a V1.x to V2.x to V3.3 then there may be a setting that is "stuck" as we slightly changed the property around V2.

Try deleting the extender properties file (start from scratch) and if that doesn't work try clearing the Diamond settings on the server.

J
Old 05-21-2011, 10:24 AM
Sage Fanatic

FYI, I found the actual properties file for the HD300 I'm playing with. I see clearly in there that it was set to what I chose. I also changed it to "Blank", powered off the HD300 and powered it back up. The properties file even changed to...

JOrton/Recordings/xAll/RecoringWatchFormat=Blank

But, I still see the same exact thing... the "0/1" format. I even deleted all the JOrton entries from this file and restarted the HD300 with the same results. The properties file is being updated/changed but for some reason, for me, it is not being recognized. Just this though... the other stuff that I change (like widget settings, etc.) are being updated in the properties file as well as changing "for real" LOL

I just noticed you replied so will give a shot at clearing the server stuff too.

Thanks!
Old 05-21-2011, 10:55 AM
Sage Fanatic

Well, I cleared the server Diamond items and it automatically went through and rebuilt all the images, etc. That didn't work so then I deleted the properties file. That looked weird because when I restarted I still had my widget... so I deleted the properties file again AND the autobackup file. When I restarted it was from total scratch so I know that worked. But, still, changing the format (while it changes in the properties file) is still not changing what I see on screen.

Pretty darn weird. I even tried disabling a few other plugins that "might" affect this (even though they are enabled on the HTPC client with no problem) and that didn't work either.

I guess I'll just have to have the "0/1" look. LOL
Old 05-21-2011, 11:10 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Well, I cleared the server Diamond items and it automatically went through and rebuilt all the images, etc. That didn't work so then I deleted the properties file. That looked weird because when I restarted I still had my widget... so I deleted the properties file again AND the autobackup file. When I restarted it was from total scratch so I know that worked. But, still, changing the format (while it changes in the properties file) is still not changing what I see on screen.

Pretty darn weird. I even tried disabling a few other plugins that "might" affect this (even though they are enabled on the HTPC client with no problem) and that didn't work either.

I guess I'll just have to have the "0/1" look. LOL
I have to ask this just in case... you are using Sagetv Beta 7.1.5 or 7.1.7 and Diamond 3.3 right?

Plucky may have a suggestion or two when he's online again.

J
Old 05-21-2011, 11:15 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorton View Post
I have to ask this just in case... you are using Sagetv Beta 7.1.5 or 7.1.7 and Diamond 3.3 right?

Plucky may have a suggestion or two when he's online again.

J
Yepper (7.1.7)... and even verified to this from the HD300. Thanks for trying!
Old 05-23-2011, 05:57 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Yepper (7.1.7)... and even verified to this from the HD300. Thanks for trying!
Not that it helps any but I too just tried it on one of my HD300's and it allowed me to make the change.

k
Old 05-24-2011, 02:43 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusjoken View Post
Not that it helps any but I too just tried it on one of my HD300's and it allowed me to make the change.

k
Hmmm... that is weird. Since I've completed deleted the properties file for the one HD300 I was toying with and BOTH my HD300s exhibit the same issue, I'm guessing this must be something related to the regular Sage.properties file... maybe? LOL I don't know. I'll dig a little more when I get some time and will post back if I get it figured out