SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 05-24-2011, 09:47 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
I really don't understand the issue because I never play BluRays. Can you point me at a thread where this issue is discussed so I can get a little smarter on the subject?
hes asking for native resolution switching for pc clients (or at least i think he is.... ) similar to how the native resolution switching for extenders works. i.e. it sees that the content is 1080p24 and switches the output to be that (or 720p, 1080i, 480i, etc). For pc clients you need to trigger reclock (or somethign similar to do this since its the video drivers outside of sage that need to be changed). To me its a completely separate plugin and doesnt quite fit with what you are trying to accomplish here. I started something a long time ago that would be the first step and then stopped working on it as i got busy with other stuff... someday hopefully I'll get back into it.
Check out TVExplorer
Old 05-24-2011, 09:52 AM
Sage Icon

just throwing it out there... Im pretty sure Mediashrink runs some version of comskip on its recordings too to get the real aspect ratio info (some quick scan with wacky settings... iirc it runs pretty quickly so you can almost do it on demand). You may want to consider looking into doing something similar so you dont need to rely on the users to setup comskip correctly for your purposes...
Check out TVExplorer
Old 05-24-2011, 10:56 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrsharpe View Post
hes asking for native resolution switching for pc clients (or at least i think he is.... ) similar to how the native resolution switching for extenders works. i.e. it sees that the content is 1080p24 and switches the output to be that (or 720p, 1080i, 480i, etc). For pc clients you need to trigger reclock (or somethign similar to do this since its the video drivers outside of sage that need to be changed). To me its a completely separate plugin and doesnt quite fit with what you are trying to accomplish here. I started something a long time ago that would be the first step and then stopped working on it as i got busy with other stuff... someday hopefully I'll get back into it.
You are correct. I'd like the refresh rate to change with the content. I'd like everything except blu-rays to be scaled to 1080p (which it is right now, resolution switching would be annoying), but for blu-ray I'd like it to switch to 1080p24 for when i get my projector.

I guess you are right that this would be a separate plugin. Doesn't hurt to ask though. This plugin would be handy for CIH setup though.
Theater: nVidia Shield TV, mini client, Plex for movies, 120" screen. Mitsubishi HC4000. Denon X4300H. 7.4.4 speaker setup.
Old 05-24-2011, 11:01 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmiranda View Post
I really don't understand the issue because I never play BluRays. Can you point me at a thread where this issue is discussed so I can get a little smarter on the subject?
Here is some more info. Most people wouldn't care about the functionality I'm asking for due to the fact that not many displays can accept 1080p24 material. The ones that do are often 120/240hz lcd's or plasmas that convert it to either 72hz or 48/96hz based on manufacturer. Projectors can display it natively, or use FI (frame interpolation) like the previously mentioned TV's. I can't stand FI so I'd want it to switch to the correct frame rate instead of having to use 3:2 pull down to convert it to 60hz.

Here is the discussion on the reclock site. Although they are converting to 48hz, but it could be used for 24 as well.

EDIT: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/24p
Theater: nVidia Shield TV, mini client, Plex for movies, 120" screen. Mitsubishi HC4000. Denon X4300H. 7.4.4 speaker setup.

Last edited by panteragstk; 05-24-2011 at 11:06 AM.
Old 05-24-2011, 11:31 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrsharpe View Post
just throwing it out there... Im pretty sure Mediashrink runs some version of comskip on its recordings too to get the real aspect ratio info (some quick scan with wacky settings... iirc it runs pretty quickly so you can almost do it on demand). You may want to consider looking into doing something similar so you dont need to rely on the users to setup comskip correctly for your purposes...
Thanks. I didn't think that was possible because it would have to quickly be able to differentiate between commercials and the real show in order to tell me the correct aspect ratio information. I'll send an email to Erik to see what I can learn.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.