SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 04-15-2011, 08:59 PM
Sage User

Movie Thumbs are First Frame of Movie

I'm pretty new to BMT etc, so bear with me a little. I'm running Sage release 7.1.5 and also Diamond theme. I don't know if the following is a BMT thing, a Diamond thing, or a user not knowing what he's doing thing.... however, when I browse Videos from the main menu, I find the easiest thing to do is select "Folders" to find what I'm looking for. Within here, I see the movie titles, but next to it, I see a thumb of pretty close to the first couple frames of the movie. See attachment. Shouldn't the thumb be whatever was picked as the Poster within the BMT web interface? Under Setup, in Diamond Options, I've got the "Use Folders Poster First" set to "Off", and there are files in the Phoenix fanart folders. I've experimented minimally with putting a jpg in the folder and trying to tell sage to use folders first, but that didn't change anything.

Could somebody advise how to change this or what setting I've got wrong. Could it be the naming convention of the files within the Phoenix fanart folder?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Video Thumbs.JPG (156.0 KB, 218 views)
Old 04-15-2011, 09:10 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by hackzaw View Post
I'm pretty new to BMT etc, so bear with me a little. I'm running Sage release 7.1.5 and also Diamond theme. I don't know if the following is a BMT thing, a Diamond thing, or a user not knowing what he's doing thing.... however, when I browse Videos from the main menu, I find the easiest thing to do is select "Folders" to find what I'm looking for. Within here, I see the movie titles, but next to it, I see a thumb of pretty close to the first couple frames of the movie. See attachment. Shouldn't the thumb be whatever was picked as the Poster within the BMT web interface? Under Setup, in Diamond Options, I've got the "Use Folders Poster First" set to "Off", and there are files in the Phoenix fanart folders. I've experimented minimally with putting a jpg in the folder and trying to tell sage to use folders first, but that didn't change anything.

Could somebody advise how to change this or what setting I've got wrong. Could it be the naming convention of the files within the Phoenix fanart folder?
That is the default folder view, we only add the ability to see BG fanart on that screen in Diamond.

Posters will show in the default views (Title/Folder/Catagory/DVDBR) if you have them exported as "moviename".jpg by BMT I believe. There is a batch option in BMT that will do this for you.

The Diamond fanart options are for the Diamond Wall/Flow//ListFlow/CatagoryFlow/360Flow views and TV views where we add some fanart options.

Jeremy