SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 03-31-2004, 01:09 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thumbs up, Thumbs Down type of feature?

Like Tivo has... is this available in Sage 2.0?

Thanks!
Old 03-31-2004, 01:15 PM
Sage Advanced User

No, not quite. It monitors what you actually watch and figures if your physically playing the video back and watching it then you must like it. You have to enable intelligent recordings though. Version 1.4 does this as well.

-Brett
Old 03-31-2004, 01:18 PM
Administrator

You can mark a show as "Don't Like" to tell SageTV that you, uh, don't like it. You can watch it/mark it as watched to say that it was acceptable. But, yes, this only applies to Intelligent Recording, where SageTV will try to record what it thinks you will like to watch.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 03-31-2004, 03:43 PM
SageTVaholic

It's essentially quite similar to Thumbs Up/Down. My understanding is that IR also looks at your Manual Recordings, Favorites (order of favorites possibly), what you've watched (marked as "Watched"), and what you've marked "Don't Like", to decide what IR will record. I think the goal of Thumbs Up/Down is to determine what to do for "Suggestions," in that regard IR works similarly, if not better even. I know right now, IR is very intelligent in my setup, I've trained it well enough that it generally only picks up stuff that's almost a "Favorite" but I just don't care quite enough about to make the jump.
Old 03-31-2004, 08:25 PM
Sage User

I would much rather have a "thumb up/thumbs down" on my screen when watching a show and also showing how I voted before (if I did).

Then they could get rid of that "like/don't like" option in the other screen.

Also this would only work if you had 'intelligent recording" turned on. Otherwise you won't see the "thumbs up/down"

I really hope they add something like this to the beta. Honestly, I've been running all the beta's and this feature is the only one I really REALLY would love to have.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 03-31-2004, 08:38 PM
SageTVaholic

I've got "Watched"/"Don't Like" mapped to buttons on my remote so I can quickly mark shows as I go through the lists. One advantage of "Watched"/"Don't Like" is that it tells Sage that those shows are ready to be deleted, where a thumbs system wouldn't necesarily.
Old 03-31-2004, 09:27 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by McTurok
I would much rather have a "thumb up/thumbs down" on my screen when watching a show and also showing how I voted before (if I did).

Then they could get rid of that "like/don't like" option in the other screen.
The watched & don't like commands are 2 commands that don't work while watching a recording. It might be useful to be able to use them while watching a show, instead of having to return to a menu, but I don't think they should be placed on the video screen & removed from the detailed info screen.

They are marked during playback, however: "Don't like" shows have a black border around the show description box & "watched" shows have the playback/time bar displayed as solid white rather than a mix of red for unrecorded sections, white for watched sections, and green for unwatched sections.

I have those commands available on the remote too -- for anyone interested, even the silver Hauppauge remote has those commands mapped to buttons by default: red = don't like; blue = watched. See Frey's Silver Remote Diagram.

- Andy