SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 04-14-2011, 02:40 PM
Sage Advanced User

Unhappy channels going missing (FiOS)

I'm a newbie, just trying out SageTV and like it a lot, but am having some strange results in places. This is one:

Some of my SD channels (that do have HD equiv's, I don't know if this matters) are disappearing from my programming guide, and I can not tune them manually (i.e. by typing the channel number and enter)!

However, if I go into the Video Sources -> (Tuner) -> Channel Setup, they are all still present, and if I go to an old-school STB, those channels certainly are there.

Any ideas why this would happen and/or how to start troubleshooting?

STV 7.1.5, Ceton InfiniTV4 via SageDCT.

Thanks,
AJ
Old 04-14-2011, 03:13 PM
Administrator

See the note on p. 53 of the SageTV PDF manual & look for the channel under a different number in the guide.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 04-14-2011, 03:41 PM
Sage Advanced User

All 4 tuners are setup with the same EPG data. In fact, after setting-up the first tuner, I was very appreciative of the fact that I could "copy an existing...".

So, all 4 tuners should have identical channels configured; at least that's what Sage said, and what I intended to do. I don't think the reference applies.

Even so, according to that page, I should still be able to tune to the channel by entering it directly while watching live TV, right? That doesn't work either.

AJ
Old 04-14-2011, 03:47 PM
Administrator

OK, here's another post copied from another topic on what I think is the same thing in this forum section:

It is still possible that a lineup has the same station listed under two different channel numbers.

But, let's back up a step... for the channels you are missing in the Program Guide but said are in listed in Channel Setup (I think you mean they are in Channel Setup): are they enabled in Channel Setup? If so, then they will be in the Program Guide somewhere. If not, you will need to enable them.

In the Program Guide, use the Options command -> Menu Options -> change Channel Sorting to Name instead of Number. Now, look for the channel you are missing. You could remap the channel number by using the Options command, then choose Channel Manager, then remap the number to whatever you want.

Alternately, configure Channel Setup to sort by name & see if the station name is listed twice. Change the logical number for it/them to whatever you want the guide number to be.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 04-14-2011, 04:47 PM
Sage Advanced User

Yes, they were enabled, and your re-sorting idea paid dividends. (Excellent troubleshooting technique.)

It looks like the guide (and sage in general) re-mapped the channel to the integer in brackets (which may be where it's technically located in the cablecard itself, but not where any FiOS STB would find it).

I see you're from NJ, so I'll tell you one of my test-cases: YES network (which all of FIOS' Northern NJ subscribers have). Any STB I've ever seen in NJ has YES on chan 76 (and 576 for HD). Similarly, Sage Channel Setup for the tuner says this:

76 - YES - [1526] Yankees Entertainment & Sports Network

It also shows:
Logical (Guide) Chan #76
Physical (Tuning) Chan #1526
Station: YES, ID: 30017
(Enabled)

So it appears that Sage (and maybe Zap2It?) re-mapped the channel from the Logical Channel to the Physical Channel. Any way to tell Sage (and the guide) to keep the channels on their current Logical Channel?

Thanks again!
-AJ
Old 04-14-2011, 05:00 PM
Administrator

76 is the logical channel number, but what you may have missed is that the channel is probably also at logical 1526. If they are both enabled, the manual's blurb I mentioned above still applies -- it is listed in the guide at whatever the main logical number is for that channel.

Disable the one at 1526.

- Andy
Old 04-14-2011, 05:29 PM
Sage Advanced User

I'm sure you've heard this before, but...YOU DA MAN!

That's exactly the problem. FiOS had a lot of the channels also in the upper numbers, probably to re-group them with other packages (there were a lot of foreign stations up there that you have to subscribe to as well).

Thank you for pointing out that I was being lazy and not cleaning-up my channel setup in the first place!

-AJ