SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 10-01-2007, 11:42 AM
Sage Advanced User

FIOS TV in NY: Some channels duplicated, some missing, others wrong

I've got Verizon FIOS TV here in New York and the only FIOS TV EPG source I was able to find was for Massapequa Park. So I use it and I find that some channels are duplicated (Like NBC is on channel 4 AND 5) but that means FOX which is normally on channel 5 is now missing. Other channels I view don't match the EPG data, so for example I may be on channel 840-something which says it is one channel but it really is some other channel.

Can I fix this manually?
Old 01-20-2008, 12:24 PM
Sage Advanced User

any current users know what I'm talking about?

still have this problem cant figure it out
Old 01-20-2008, 01:34 PM
Sage Icon

have you checked zap2it.com to see if there is a FIOS EPG source for your town? If Massapequa is the closed one that zap2it offers, then your pretty much out of luck until zap2it gets the correct data.

You can complain about the EPG data to Sage and they'll forward the complaint to zap2it. Sage pays for the data, so they should have a little more pull than the average consumer in getting problems fixed.

From the FAQ:
Quote:
Q: My Program Guide is listing incorrect info for some channels and/or shows. I am using the built-in data which comes from Zap2It. Is there some way to see about getting this fixed?

A: You can let SageTV know about EPG problems so that they can ask Zap2It to correct it.

Email them at info@sagetv.com. Along with the details of what is wrong, include:

Your Service Provider (i.e. Comcast, DirecTV, etc)
Your Specific Lineup (Chicago-Digital, Chicago-Digital Rebuild, etc)
Your Zip Code

- Andy

Clients: 1 MediaMVP, 1 Placeshifter Client, & 1 SageTV Client.
Old 01-20-2008, 03:32 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ke6guj View Post
have you checked zap2it.com to see if there is a FIOS EPG source for your town? If Massapequa is the closed one that zap2it offers, then your pretty much out of luck until zap2it gets the correct data.

You can complain about the EPG data to Sage and they'll forward the complaint to zap2it. Sage pays for the data, so they should have a little more pull than the average consumer in getting problems fixed.

From the FAQ:
Hey thanks for that suggestion! I will work out the details and fire am an email
Old 10-19-2008, 02:22 PM

Where you able to resolve this and how, I'm having the same problem.

Thanks
Old 10-23-2008, 09:47 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtoprice View Post
Where you able to resolve this and how, I'm having the same problem.

Thanks
No, still have the problem plus only a dozen or so more. To be honest I'm starting to get really worn down by trying to get SageTV working with Verizon FIOS. I just don't have the patience to deal with all these issues. And it seems like anyone else who might have had success getting it working well is too busy enjoying it to share their experiences.