SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 03-30-2011, 05:10 PM
Sage User

Unhappy Fresh build and BMT not showing all folders in TV folder

Hi chaps,

1st post but long time Sage user, Just bought a HP Microserver to use as my new Sage server to replace an old box so thought it best to start fresh and have a play with all the options for BMT, MM & Diamond etc while I had a spare server.

My setup is Win 2008 R2, Sage 7.1.5.252, BMT 7.1.5.252, Diamond UI, Sage HD200

I used to keep all my media including ripped TV Box sets in my "DVD" folder in the following format which worked fine for me as I used Sage7's folder view.

DVD.
Film 1 x.mkv
TV show
Season 1
E01 x.mkv
E02 x.mkv

Now as my collection has grown and I'm wearing out the up and down button I wanted to separate the TV Box sets so they appeared in Recorded TV (my "TV" folder) this would also mean that the stuff I record from DVB like House, Dexter etc would be kept in the same nice Show>Season>Episode format.

My problem, I have copied in about 10 Complete TV Box sets into the "TV" folder all in the TV Show>Season X>E01 format and only half of 1 show (4 Seasons out of 7) appear in "All recordings" in Sage, I've tried for 3 nights now to get this to work reading all the BMT docs and posts and still have not figured out where I have gone wrong. BMT only shows the same limited number of shows in the Web Interface under Bowser>Sage Video Imports.

Can anyone save what’s left of my sanity?

PS should I just wait for MM's to be fully TV compatible or will that mean everything will be in the "DVD" folder as before apart from my DVB recordings?

Last edited by mark_g_1275; 03-30-2011 at 05:13 PM.
Old 03-30-2011, 06:00 PM
Sage Icon

It may be personal choice but I prefer storing my TV series content like this:

\\sage\ArchivedTV\ShowName

Then I place ALL of the episodes in the 1 folder. I put them in S01E01, S02E02 and so on, no individual folders for the subsequent seasons. I also have the show title appended to the file. If you use http://www.therenamer.com/ you can make quick work of your naming convention.

I don’t know if having the extra folders for the individual seasons is causing issues or not. Personally, I would think the more info you have per file object the better BMT can match on it... Also, check in the online BMT GUI in the missing metadata folder to see if for some reason the missing files are there.
Old 03-30-2011, 06:13 PM
SageTVaholic

I too keep my TV in a ShowName/allfilesSxxEyy.avi type format with all the episodes in the same folder... but that should not matter.

As Wrems says, check out missing metadata in BMT. I work between missing metadata and the TV (Series/Season) views to make sure I have all my TV correct.

If they are showing correct in BMT, then check out your Filters in Diamond (as I see you are using Diamond) to make sure Imported TV is Included.

k
Old 04-06-2011, 01:47 PM
Sage User

Thumbs up all working

Thanks guys, had a good spring clean of my media and used the tool (http://www.therenamer.com/) to sort out file names, Think the files names were the main issue for BMT,

Thanks again,

Tags
bmt, diamond, mymovies