SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Diamond
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Diamond This forums is for discussing the user-created Diamond plugin for SageTV.

Old 03-13-2011, 03:54 PM
Sage Expert

Station ID for Diamond Info

Where does Diamond Info view get it's station ID from? I have a few imported series that are showing copy for the station.

This is what the logo/text looks like:

And attached is a screenshot of the whole screen for reference.

Afflicted series are Star Trek TNG, Star Trek DS9, and Legend of the Seeker.

Any ideas on what to change to fix this?
Attached Images
File Type: png copy.png (6.7 KB, 526 views)
File Type: png tng.png (425.4 KB, 262 views)
Old 03-13-2011, 07:47 PM
SageTVaholic

Diamond does a call to the Sage function "GetSeriesNetwork" and then matches the results to the images stored in the diamond base Theme subfolder under StudioIcons.

I checked a few and saw that the icon you refer to is called...

"AND Syndicated Productions"

But there could be many others that use a similar icon with different Network names (there are 1200 icons in that folder).

I hope that helps. JOrton is really the expert in this area.

k
Old 03-13-2011, 08:16 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusjoken View Post
Diamond does a call to the Sage function "GetSeriesNetwork" and then matches the results to the images stored in the diamond base Theme subfolder under StudioIcons.

I checked a few and saw that the icon you refer to is called...

"AND Syndicated Productions"

But there could be many others that use a similar icon with different Network names (there are 1200 icons in that folder).

I hope that helps. JOrton is really the expert in this area.

k
That's the way we do it spot on we don't match the recorded channel but the network the series originated on by using series calls. Note this is only for diamond info and simple views.
Old 03-13-2011, 09:45 PM
Sage Expert

Makes sense.

I used Slugger's Sagegroovy as a way into the API and calling
SeriesInfoAPI.GetSeriesNetwork(SeriesInfoAPI.GetSeriesInfoForID("200071470"))
//Star Trek TNG
does indeed return Syndicated.

I guess my next questions are:
  1. How does this info get populated? Is it scraped from tvdb or some other online source?
  2. Is changing the network for a series simply a matter of calling SetSeriesInfoProperty() with the appropriate arguments? ie will I screw up my database poking around with this?
  3. Is there a better way than (2) to change this info?
Old 03-15-2011, 10:08 AM
Sage Expert

Shameless Bump

I dinked around with this some this AM and got absolutely nowhere
Calling SeriesInfoAPI.SetSeriesInfoProperty() would never actually overwrite the Network propery. It would create a new Network property that I could access through SeriesInfoAPI.GetSeriesInfoProperty()

It doesn't look like any other method to set the Network property is exposed other than SeriesInfoAPI.AddSeriesInfo() which I could never actually get to work calling through a groovy script*.

I was not able to test it but would calling SeriesInfoAPI.AddSeriesInfo() with an existing SeriesID and only changing one property (network) and leaving everything else as null just update the network property? Or would it nuke everything that was set to null and set the network property to the new value?

I'm also open to easier ways of doing this (hint hint)

*I think the problem with going through groovy is the way it's handling ints. The error message I got was basically no method exists for argument types (list of types) Possible solution (new list of types) and the only difference in the types was a java.lang.Integer supplied by groovy and an int expected by java.
Old 03-15-2011, 12:18 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectrum View Post
Shameless Bump

I dinked around with this some this AM and got absolutely nowhere
Calling SeriesInfoAPI.SetSeriesInfoProperty() would never actually overwrite the Network propery. It would create a new Network property that I could access through SeriesInfoAPI.GetSeriesInfoProperty()

It doesn't look like any other method to set the Network property is exposed other than SeriesInfoAPI.AddSeriesInfo() which I could never actually get to work calling through a groovy script*.

I was not able to test it but would calling SeriesInfoAPI.AddSeriesInfo() with an existing SeriesID and only changing one property (network) and leaving everything else as null just update the network property? Or would it nuke everything that was set to null and set the network property to the new value?

I'm also open to easier ways of doing this (hint hint)

*I think the problem with going through groovy is the way it's handling ints. The error message I got was basically no method exists for argument types (list of types) Possible solution (new list of types) and the only difference in the types was a java.lang.Integer supplied by groovy and an int expected by java.
My understanding is the setcalls are only meant to write series information that doesn't already exist. The series information that does exist comes direct from the guide source and I don't believe you can overwrite that in any form or fashion.
Old 03-15-2011, 12:19 PM
SageTVaholic

No further to this the only way we can offer a "fix" in diamond is add the option to show the logo based on what network it was recorded on. If you want that please log it as a reques on googlecode.
Old 03-15-2011, 03:25 PM
Sage Expert

Nah, no need to go that far for me on this. These are imports anyway, not recordings so there would be no network recording info for them This is not really a Diamond issue; using Diamond just made it visible.

I dumped the info from the SeriesInfoAPI for TNG and all the data matches verbatim what is on tvdb. I'm guessing this info got written into the database via Phoenix which means if I really want to pursue this I should go bug stuckless about a way to change this in BMT
Old 03-18-2011, 01:07 PM
Sage Advanced User

Heh, this happened to me for TNG in simplified view too, just too impressed with everything else in diamond/bmt to care, happened to DS9 too but correct logos showing up for other imported recordings.

Great work PLUCKY, thank you!