SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Phoenix
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Phoenix This forum is for discussing the user-created Phoenix custom interface for SageTV.

Old 03-10-2011, 01:07 PM
Sage Aficionado

Phoenix thoughts with some defects and Improvements

Hello all,

I think I was one of the first folks to start testing Phoenix, and it immediately became my go to STV. It really does add a lot of the "wow" that was missing from sage. This definitely has the ability to pull more Media Center users than anything...

By default I stick to the Horizontal landing zone, it's the most intuitive and easiest to navigate across all demographics I find.. I love the edit-ability of it as well (even though it has to be done through xml editing for now, the masses will want on screen editing so once you all provide that it will be nice). For instance I put the "Program Guide" as the first menu option for TV as that is what I go to most.

The program guide is AWESOME, and the mini guide is a KILLER feature, it took me a while to figure it was there, But I felt like I won the lotto once I found it. As stated by other folks once you add the option to have channel logos in there, I'm not sure how it can get any better.

Now I already have added a few defects to the google code site, and I believe the devs are all aware of those by now, and moving forward I will just call out defects/improvements to the forum.

New Defects noticed that I haven't included on the google code page

1.) The "Newest Movies" on the info screen doesn't seem to be sorting correctly, I created a new VFS(and a new menu item to display it) that sorted my movies on MediaFileID to accomplish this and that works well (sorta..see below), but what ever "Newest Movies" is using here is NOT giving me my newest movies.

Improvements

1.) The biggest Improvement I think we need is on the UMB. It's just not quite up to the quality and pizazz of everything else. I know your not diamond, but this is where they got it mostly right. Basically all the views they have are what we need here. This is the only part of the STV that doesn't complete me..lol

2.) I think someone mentioned this, but we need to access the online portions of Sage (ie..being able to browse the file systems,etc..) I think i could probably build this by editing the menus, but this should be here by default.
Old 03-10-2011, 03:22 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustovier View Post
1.) The biggest Improvement I think we need is on the UMB. It's just not quite up to the quality and pizazz of everything else. I know your not diamond, but this is where they got it mostly right. Basically all the views they have are what we need here. This is the only part of the STV that doesn't complete me..lol
Do you mean the visual views (ie, different layouts) or the data? The vfs can probably slice and dice the data to present it in just about any way we way want.
Old 03-10-2011, 03:43 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
Do you mean the visual views (ie, different layouts) or the data? The vfs can probably slice and dice the data to present it in just about any way we way want.
Yeah I mean the visual views.. that utilizes the VFS's. This is the main thing that just needs to really be developed(well finished..). Everything else is just defects, and small enhancements at this point..

The VFS mechanism as u state can let me get to it however I want it...ham or cheese..lol