SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Diamond
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Diamond This forums is for discussing the user-created Diamond plugin for SageTV.

Old 03-04-2011, 01:23 PM
Sage Aficionado

Where is my tv?

I installed diamond 3.0 and now my tv choice is gone and I only see my videos and every other choice that is usually there. The tv menu is gone. Is this due to me using the beta version of Sage TV?
Trallyus
Old 03-04-2011, 01:26 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by trallyus View Post
I installed diamond 3.0 and now my tv choice is gone and I only see my videos and every other choice that is usually there. The tv menu is gone. Is this due to me using the beta version of Sage TV?
Trallyus
No you probably have another main menu plugin installed that is modify-breaking it my guess would be the custom menu plugin.
Old 03-04-2011, 01:30 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
No you probably have another main menu plugin installed that is modify-breaking it my guess would be the custom menu plugin.
All I have is the following BMT - Commercial Detector - jetty web server - phoenix core services - and sage tv web interface. and playon - Ill remove all the plugins and see if that fixes it

All I did was unintstall diamond 2.03 that was working great and installed 3.0 and now tv is not displaying.
Old 03-04-2011, 01:43 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Plucky I went and uninstalled every plugin I was using by clicking options and uninstall all plugins and am still missing my tv and I am using the latest sage tv beta after only installing the diamond 3.0.

I don't know why its not showing the tv portion of the menu as it was showing it with diamond 2.03.

Trallyus
Old 03-04-2011, 01:44 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Plucky I went and uninstalled every plugin I was using by clicking options and uninstall all plugins and am still missing my tv and I am using the latest sage tv beta after only installing the diamond 3.0.

I don't know why its not showing the tv portion of the menu as it was showing it with diamond 2.03.

Trallyus
Check the diamond options on the main menu and edit the hide menu items is tv turned off?
Old 03-04-2011, 01:44 PM
Sage Icon

Have you checked the "Hide Menu Items" in the main Diamond Options to make sure TV didn't somehow get turned off?
Old 03-04-2011, 01:56 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Check the diamond options on the main menu and edit the hide menu items is tv turned off?
Checked those all and all of them are set to on - i tried turning it off then on in hopes something was wrong but its not showing up at all.

I'll have to uninstall it until the next version is released or until someone else reports the problem and makes me sound less crazy

Trallyus
Old 03-04-2011, 01:58 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by cncb View Post
Have you checked the "Hide Menu Items" in the main Diamond Options to make sure TV didn't somehow get turned off?
Yes I just switched it off and on in hopes of fixing the problem but tv is still not showing up.

I will just uninstall it unless someone else reports the problem as well.
Trallyus
Old 03-04-2011, 02:04 PM
Sage Aficionado

I'll keep playing with it in hopes I can fix it - If I fix it I will post how I did it
Old 03-04-2011, 02:24 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I'll keep playing with it in hopes I can fix it - If I fix it I will post how I did it
You have to have another ui mod installed that is modding it? You are runing the beta version of sagetv correct? Are you runng the default sagetv7.xml as well.
Old 03-04-2011, 02:30 PM
Sage User

Got the same thing here...no Tv on main menu.....but the diamond stuff is so snappy and shiny that i cant stop smiling anyway!

Edit...and no exit....top and bottom entry is lost
Old 03-04-2011, 02:31 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
You have to have another ui mod installed that is modding it? You are runing the beta version of sagetv correct? Are you runng the default sagetv7.xml as well.
Yes I unistalled all my plugins and mods like I said and am running the beta version of sage tv and was running the default sagetv7.xml before I loaded diamond.

Ill try uninstalling all mods and plugins and reload sagetv7.xml before I install diamond 3.0 once again if you want.
Old 03-04-2011, 02:32 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyrA View Post
Got the same thing here...no Tv on main menu.....but the diamond stuff is so snappy and shiny that i cant stop smiling anyway!

Edit...and no exit....top and bottom entry is lost
Glad I am not the only one who has no tv

It is a sweet theme but I need my tv

I just noticed I have no exit as well.

I have the following choices

Videos
Music
photos
search
setup

I just uninstalled all plugins and only loaded the diamond 3.0 theme and only
Videos
Music
photos
search
setup
show up on my menus.

No mods - nothing else except the diamond 3 plugin. Also I tried changing user interface themes under advanced and each change I make shows the same choices I typed above.

Last edited by trallyus; 03-04-2011 at 02:45 PM.
Old 03-04-2011, 02:36 PM
Sage User

esch..push the EPG or recordings buttons :-)
Old 03-04-2011, 02:39 PM
SageTVaholic

I am at a loss what to say except it has to be another UI mod plugin is the only thing that makes sense or you are not using the latest sagetv beta? I can't recreate on any machine and I would see loads of comments from the beta guys if this was happening all over.

Are these extenders, pcs?
Old 03-04-2011, 02:39 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Trallyus
If you are not on the latest SageTV beta version the TV choice on the main menu will not show up. Check your system info to see which Sage version you are running.

I had this happen on one of my servers where I had not installed the new beta.
Server: SageTV 9, Win10/32, Intel DP55KG Mb, Intel QC i5 2.66GHz , 4GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM, 2 Hauppauge 2255s for 4 OTA ATSC tuners, HDHRPrime w Comcast, 3 STP-HD300s 20101007-0 firmware, nVidia Shield. Java v7u55. Plugins:SD EPG, OpenDCT
Old 03-04-2011, 02:42 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenWeathers View Post
If you are not on the latest SageTV beta version the TV choice on the main menu will not show up. Check your system info to see which Sage version you are running.

I had this happen on one of my servers where I had not installed the new beta.
Thank you Helen now the question remains why is it letting them install this on the none beta I have a min version of 7.1.0.
Old 03-04-2011, 02:44 PM
SageTVaholic

I actually saw this as well, a quick restart of Sage fixed me up though.

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)
Old 03-04-2011, 02:48 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Thank you Helen now the question remains why is it letting them install this on the none beta I have a min version of 7.1.0.
You gave the hint yesterday - edit the SageTV.xml

Clients: 3 x MediaMVP, 2 x HD-300, 4 x SageTV Client

Old 03-04-2011, 02:49 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoep View Post
You gave the hint yesterday - edit the SageTV.xml
Well apparently that is a bad idea!! I am guessing there are some main menu changes in the current beta that break it.

If I get time this weekend I might be able to release a non-beta version but don't hold your breath.