SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 02-10-2011, 05:32 PM
Sage User

Blu-Ray setup

I am running WHS with SageTV for WHS, and a HD300 extender. Can someone tell me how to set it up for Blu-Ray playback? I have AnyDVD installed on the WHS and have been ripping my collection in iso format. The HD300 will play my regular DVD's but not the BR. I thought I saw some instructions somewhere for installing virtualiso (or something), but I can't find them anymore. Any instructions or pointers to same appreciated.

Thanks!
Old 02-10-2011, 05:58 PM
Sage User

I believe that if you rip the Blue Ray discs to folder structure with any dvd hd sage will find them when it scans for new imported media. I don't have the hd300 but it works that way with my hd200 (I can play them but the hd200 won't decode the dts audio, so, I have the hd200 attached to a receiver that will). Your hd300 should play them just fine.

As for the blue rays that you have already ripped to an iso. You can download virtual clone drive from sly soft (I think its free). mount the iso with virtual clone drive, add the virtual clone drive to your sage imported media directories, then have sage scan imported media. Sage will find it and the hd300 will play it.
8 gig ram windows 10 64 bit, sage V9.2.0.441 64 bit running in a VM on a ESXI 6.0 host - Xeon 1246 E3 - 32 GB ram, 2 TB recording drive with the controller passed through and 5 TB recording drive spave in a Freenas server, 1 silicon dust HDHR DUO and 1 Quatro for 6 OTA tuners, 1 HDHR Prime for 3 cable tuners, 2 BM1000-HDMI network encoders for cableboxes, 2 Placeshifters, 3 extenders, 1client
Old 02-10-2011, 06:16 PM
Sage Expert

If you run sage as a service make sure you install VCD with the same user that you have the service running as. You may have to create 2 virtual drives, but I don't remember off the top of my head. With that set up Sage should mount and unmount the ISO's automagically. There's no need to manually mount and add the drive to your import directories.
Old 02-10-2011, 08:13 PM
Sage User

Thanks guys. I installed VCD, set the service to run as the same user SageTV runs under, rebooted.

Here's what I have found:

1) when I try to access a BR from the mian Video icon of the HD300, it will play. This was the case BEFORE installing VCD as well. From the main HD300 screen, it will play the BRD.

2) BUT, when I try to access a BRD via the SageTV interface of the HD300, none of the BR folders are even listed. I tried having it refresh them from every location I can think of, but after the refresh, they are still not listed at all. Not there to select.

What do I need to do to fix?

Thanks, Scott
Old 02-11-2011, 07:30 AM
Sage User

I got it to work by choosing refresh from within the STV options menu. Now it's failing though. I'll start a different thread for that.
Old 02-15-2011, 02:56 PM
Sage Aficionado

BD structure

Check out the manual as it shows how to store the files and the structure required. If you follow this the movie will automatically be addedat the next re-scan.